Domestic abuse

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I say you should take off and nuke the whole site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Seriously, though, report it to the cops. This is kind of their job...

hiks89

Oct 22, 2008
whenever i hear about a domestic abuse i scream out "LYNCH MOB"!!!!! no one ever wants to tho

'Aredor

Jan 24, 2010
Unless you're present when they attack her and they're about to kill her, it's not justifiable homicide, no, it's premeditated murder, plain and simple. You'll get 25 to life. If you're black, you'll get the chair.

Besides, you're 22 and a girl you went to high-school with has a 17 year old son? How did that work?

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
If you just randomly happened upon them beating her in the street in several states you'd have cause to intervene with possible force, lethal force would of course require a lethal situation. This is why if you happen upon a slimer about to rape a girl in an alley you can shoot him or otherwise intervene. (again this is only some states).

However since you've posted about it on the internet it's pretty obviously premeditated and would therefore be murder.

Your best bet is to get her to get help, speaking as a former victim of an abusive spouse it's really hard for people from outside to do much of anything except maybe in this case tip off the PD, the victim has to choose to get help and get out.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
Uh... well clearly you aren't going to the right people if they're ignoring a case like this. Although it would be more effective if the person in question were to contact the authorities themselves: obviously.
These types of cases are generally a major psychological war, however, other people should not directly tangle themselves. You will get no thanks for it, you could endanger her further and you will end up in jail (or dead). This is assuming you don't get your ass kicked first.
Get advice from the correct people, there are many services to deal with domestic abuse, it's not exactly an uncommon problem.
But most important get her to come to terms with it, you can't help a person who doesn't want to be helped.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
OK coming from a woman who got out of a domestic violence situation herself: She needs to run to CASA or a battered woman's shelter. The police did NOTHING! Hell they tried to arrest me for defending myself against my ex who was choking me and had a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I had to pack my stuff in secret, just enough clothing for myself and my son and I got out of there. Since my access to money was controlled I had family and friends stash enough to help me get on my feet and get a job in a whole new area. I ended up living with my mom but I rather be alive living back at home than take my chances.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
Legally, that would be wrong, but personally?
I'd kill them and quite happily take the legal punishment, and don't think she'd stand by you as has been said she is probevly so dependent on him at this point than no matter what she'll try to rationalize away whatever is done to her.

I've seen women in abusive relationships before, it takes somwthing drastic to end them, often somones death, usually hers.

While I understand those that advise not doing anything, I am deeply disapointed in all of you, you claim that murder is wrong, that the human liufe is precious?
These people have given up that right, they have reduced someone elses to a life of torture, saying that it's up to her to get out, well it's not that fucking easy, most are trained to believe that they are the ones at fault, or that nothing is happening at all.

Take the legal route if yyou can, but do it soon, she'll hate you for it, she'll deny it ever happened but with councelling she may yet have a chance.
I just know that I wouldn't be able to stand by and let it happen.

Droppa Deuce

Dec 23, 2010
Randy11517 said:
So i have a buddy of mine she was in high-school with me and i recently learned her husband is abusing her and so is her son. I need to know fellow escapists. What is the status of killing a 17 YO and his dad if they are beating on a defenseless person?
I mean take the average Dr. Phil battered woman and put surgeon precise bruises, threats over all manner small things, and two men that outweigh her by 200 pounds into the mix and you have the situation.

Seriously though, Whats the legal standpoint for killing them if they start shit again? Would it be justifiable homicide?
1. You shouldn't have posted your plan to kill them here. It show's premeditation and mens rea, the mental aspect of intent which separates manslaughter from murder.

2. Maybe get them to threaten you/get you in a place where you feel your life is in danger, and defend yourself...excessivly.

3. OR let things cool down, wait a few weeks, get some bros together, hire a van, put your balaclava wearing bros in the back of the van, pile the perps in the back of the van one day (nb: this is kidnapping and a serious offence, but whatever), have your bros work them over and cable tie them whilst you drive to a remote location, beat them for hours (assault), drive them back home by dawn and dump them on their doorstep, remind them this will happen to them every time your friend is hurt, return said rental van and burn all clothes worn during your mission.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
ThatPurpleGuy said:
deadman91 said:
ThatPurpleGuy said:
Here in Australia the laws are pretty bad against defending yourself or property. I believe there have been cases where someone has broken into someones house, the owner took to him with a baseball bat and he then gets damages against him for 'unreasonable force'...its just dumb.
Met a guy in Uni who said he'd had this problem. Asked the cops how to avoid trouble if they went at a home invader again. Apparently the police said that you can use a bat if you hold it the wrong way around. Shows that you were in a rush and panic. But that's what he said, and I wouldn't call his word law.

OT: Don't kill them, it's not worth the effort. Talk to the police instead of talking to us.
Yeah I mean you 'can' defend yourself but the laws here are so convoluded and 'unreasonable force' is up to alot of circumstances..I like that they think in my split second between life and death I have time to consider all the legal ramifications of what may happen.

Basically a person has to go at you first, even if they are holding a knife or any weapon. If they haven't lunged at you with the knife and you thought you would do the sensible thing and try and break his face first, you would be in the wrong, well in the idiotic eyes of the law anyway.

Your best bet. Fortify your house and never leave it. It seems to work for me :)
It worked for me to, until a friendly policemen dropped by and informed that landmines, barbed wire and explosive dropping magpies aren't legal either. Damn this country's strict legal system.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
well if this is happening in the uk, then if she did murder them it COULD be under diminished responsibility, but that isnt a "get out of jail free card" and if you murdered them best you could use is provocation, but has youve already posted something like this that would be void and it would be murder

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Ahh man, that's a fucked up situation. I feel for you, I do. If I was in the same situation, I'd be having the same thoughts. But really, don't get violent with these guys.

1. You'll likely get charged.
2. She might never forgive you.
3. Two on one, dude. You could be fucked.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Omikron009 said:
It's so funny when people say they're going to kill someone. The legal standpoint is it doesn't matter how justified you think the murder is, it's still murder, and if you were to go through with it it would be first degree murder. You'd go to prison for a very, very long time. Call the police.
Especially when it is pre meditated.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Domestic abuse is silly. Why would anyone stay? My x told me her new bf was hitting her and "forcing" her to have sex. But she stayed with him. No sane woman would stay with a man who hits her.

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
Randy11517 said:
Alright. After calming down from the news and reviewing that i will go over her local PD. Issue with me calling them as it happens is i am 2 states over and while my hearing is good its not THAT good. We have the friendship that you don't communicate unless things are really awesome or you are waist deep in trouble looking for advice or a helping hand. Since i have no way of knowing immediately if it happens again should i just go hunting for the proper person to contact to get shit done over her local PD's head?
Oh, now you want to know the legality of hiring a hit on someone mob-style? At this point, I'm now thinking you're a troll whipping us into a righteous frenzy.

...Or you could just be talking about a PI (which is what I'll assume).

This:

Vidiot said:
you have to be sure that she wants to leave the situation, because if you do anything from the outside, you could endanger her life. If the abusers suspect that she is asking anyone for help, they could beat her to within an inch of her life... or worse.

The best thing you can do for this woman is to make sure she knows she has other options. Eventually she'll get fed up enough to leave the abuser. Research abuse shelters, halfway houses, etc. that are within her range. If her access to cars is controlled, you'll have to take that into account, and research bus routes or confine your search radius to walking distance. Remember, be discreet for her sake.

When you have this information, only tell her this directly. Abusers tend to monitor emails, voicemails, etc. so don't leave any evidence. Make sure she knows where she can go, she'll figure out the best time to do it if she's serious about leaving.

Good luck to the both of you,
Vidiot
...Is what you need to do. A random police checkup could bring down hell if they aren't hauled off when they arrive. She needs to leave. I hope she can break that psychological hold he has on her.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
lee1287 said:
Domestic abuse is silly. Why would anyone stay? My x told me her new bf was hitting her and "forcing" her to have sex. But she stayed with him. No sane woman would stay with a man who hits her.
That is a very narrow minded response. You have clearly never been in the situation. Firstly, it is a psychological problem, but if you care about someone why should that matter? Secondly sometimes there is physically no way to get away. Fear is a powerful emotion.