Domestic Violence Against Men

systhicsfg

Oct 1, 2008
I think it also stems from men supposedly being more in control - a gentleman doesn't lose emotional control, ever. It's not only women being supposedly weaker, it's that men should remain in control and women are emotionally unstable.

Jul 31, 2009
sigh-- sorry for all you guys... thank god im known to all my friends, and indeed most people i know as psycologically terrifing. I've literally had friends cringe and back away after a particularly cutting glance. to the contrairy, I'm pretty good natured.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I'll hit anybody, man or woman if I genuinely fear for my life.

But hopefully I'll never be forced into a room with any woman that could take me on.
I'm a brawler ;)

But I can understand why men would be too ashamed to speak out, one its a matter of pride, and no man wants to admit that he is being beaten down by the "fairer sex".

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Okay then, seeing as for someone reason my internet is fucking up and won't quote people...

@ levelone, your post about your relationship of 5 years that turned into violence on her behalf...that has gotta suck. Good job for not resorting to violence yourself mate.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
levelone said:
if i was to hit her once I would have become a felon and lost most of my rights as a citizen.
From the sounds of it, it would have been worth it.

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
Women do need more protection, they are plain physically the weaker sex.

However, the bias and shame that exists for men as victims of abuse is ridiculous, but nigh impossible to change without something big happening or alot of time.

Music Mole

Apr 15, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
levelone said:
axia777 said:
You are both very patient men.

If it had been me, I'd probably have hit her right back - or just called the cops, useless assholes that they generally are.

Also: "'Men are perpetrators of domestic violence; women are victims of domestic violence,'"
This person should be fired and beaten publicly.
Get used to it, Police are generally useless when it comes to DV cases. Ask my mum.

W00ty32

Jun 24, 2009
Shycte said:
This shows how much hypocrisy there is in this whole sexism thing.

[They] want equality , as long as it is for their own advantage.

I say Bullshit.
I saw a t-shirt for a little girl in a store that said "guys are great, every girl should own one". People would think that it's kinda funny/cute. But, if you had a shirt that said "girls are great, every guy should own one" they would get dirty looks, or a trip to a principal's office(remember, little kid shirt)

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Well, Ive never been in an abusive relationship. I'm of the opinion (because i punch & fight like a girl anyway) that if a girl starts fighting with me i will fight back. I'm more of a wrestler type than a puncher. I'd just pin her to the ground.

I do agree tho, Its very sexist, Although its been in the news recently that apparently more men are attacked by their partners then women, Its just men don't speak up.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I am all for it...

Wait was that not what the topic was about? I was never known for my reading comprehension skills. Then again who has those at one am.

I take it this was to reveal how sexist people can be against something as prevalent as spouse abuse. Then again Stephen King wrote a book about this once, a really long time ago. Then he wrote one about a women who was abused. Go figure. Shoot I went and forgot I was supposed to have poor reading skills.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
No offence to women here, but sometimes I think women are more violent than men are (of course, there are many exceptions!). Women know that they can hit you, slap you, whatever, and get away with it. Women have total control over everything, and the ugly truth is that you can't do anything about it.

Oh gosh, I dread the day that a group of intelligent women discover this and try, try to take over the world!

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
xChevelle24 said:
No offence to women here, but sometimes I think women are more violent than men are (of course, there are many exceptions!). Women know that they can hit you, slap you, whatever, and get away with it. Women have total control over everything, and the ugly truth is that you can't do anything about it.

Oh gosh, I dread the day that a group of intelligent women discover this and try, try to take over the world!
I'd fire a sammich cannon at them.

Police show up? "I was just giving them a free lunch, for I am a gentleman!"

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Wow, I don't know what to say.

Except that I could probably subdue a person who wasn't trying to kill me (but was attempting to physically harm me) without leaving a mark on her for idiotic cops to arrest me over. Joint locks are awesome. I'll tell you one thing, though. When she picks up a hammer, she ceases to become a loved one and becomes an enemy. Weapons elevate any altercation by an order of magnitude. You see somebody going for a weapon, either take them down or get out. Because even unskilled people can kill with something as simple as a vase, hammer or screw driver.

But anyway, Lab said it best. When one person is abusing another person, that abusive relationship needs to end. Period.

Personally, I would recommend setting up recording equipment in secret if you suspect your spouse/significant other will become physically or even verbally abusive. If it's on tape, cops can't say crap about "but you're a man." Collect evidence if you know you need to go to court, then end the relationship and get out. When the court date arrives, you'll be ready. And if you have to fight back to protect yourself, get THAT on tape, too. Of course, this assumes that the abuse is more than a one-time thing.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
levelone, that is one hell of an unfortunate situation and disgusting on the part of society however has sickening as it is, it is hardly a surprise. The way the system is designed, works something like...

Husband: My wife just stabbed me!
911: Are you certain? Perhaps you just got in her way
Husband: ... yeah in the way of her knife!
911: Well can the knife support itself or do you need to hold it into place?
Husband: The fuck does that matter?!
911: Please sir, no reason to shout

verses

Wife: My husband just stabbed me!
911: ...
*fives seconds later*
Police: This is the police, sir come up with your hands up! We have the entire house surrounded!

What is truly deplorable is this is not limited to just domestic abuse. There are numerous examples of women > men in the eyes of the law. One such example would be when children are involved. It is essentially assumed the children will end up with the mother full time, with the father having visitation/take them x amount of days. I wish any father the best of luck getting full custody even if the mother is a complete loser. It does happen however it horribly rare.

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
The sexism is absolutely appalling. Fuck yes a man can be abused.

The point I'm pondering... a man is a thinking, feeling, decision-making human being... and a woman is a thinking, feeling, decision-making human being. Hmm...

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
Some women are out of control in more than just the violence department. Too much free reign and an undeserved generalised image that women are too weak to be considered harmful. And of course, who could forget the double standards.