Don?t Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain?t Your Story

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
To number one: It's been four years. Dude, move on. I'm speaking from experience of the same thing. You're her friend. You're in the friend zone. She decided over an unhappy relationship rather than you. I had a chick get married, who I cared for deeply, and put up with four months of her complaining about getting married too soon and to 'the wrong guy'. You'll be that guy, just as I was. You'll listen to all her complaining, you'll get your hopes raised at those little comments about how you're "so sweet" and that she wishes all guys were like you, but in the end you'll just be a friend. No matter what.

Find someone new, dude. Even if, in your case, she decides to reciprocate, she's gone for years. And that's not fair for either of you.

Asthanius

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not sure if somebody already mentioned this, but I for one am a huge fan of the game Don't Take it Personally, Babe, it Just Ain't Your Story. It's an amazing freeware game that works on both PCs and Macs, and if you haven't played it, you need to. Like, right now. NOW. It also has a prequel, but I forgot the name of it and it's not too much like the sequel, but it's in the continuity.

Anyway, I love this column, and can't wait for the next one. I find it refreshing that there are still people out there who are willing to help others in their personal lives without expecting anything in return.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I don't follow this article, but the few ones that I've seen didn't impress me. It's important to stand by your friend when they're being deployed, obviously, but I wouldn't consider hiding something that important from her to be doing that. It's not like it has to ruin your friendship. I've told a couple of friends that i have feelings for them, including my closest friend who was in a relationship at the time. You know what: we're still good friends, because I made it clear that I put our friendship first, and that I just wanted her to know what I felt. I wouldn't let someone important be deployed, risking their life, without telling them exactly how I feel, that's wouldn't be fair to either of us.

Lara Crigger

Jul 11, 2006
Asthanius said:
It also has a prequel, but I forgot the name of it and it's not too much like the sequel, but it's in the continuity.
You're thinking of "Digital: A Love Story", also awesome and also available for download on Ms. Love's website, at http://www.scoutshonour.com/digital/

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
spartan231490 said:
I don't follow this article, but the few ones that I've seen didn't impress me. It's important to stand by your friend when they're being deployed, obviously, but I wouldn't consider hiding something that important from her to be doing that. It's not like it has to ruin your friendship. I've told a couple of friends that i have feelings for them, including my closest friend who was in a relationship at the time. You know what: we're still good friends, because I made it clear that I put our friendship first, and that I just wanted her to know what I felt. I wouldn't let someone important be deployed, risking their life, without telling them exactly how I feel, that's wouldn't be fair to either of us.
If this was a first time confession, that might be the correct assumption to make.

Except for the fact that the sender had stated he ALREADY had told her how he felt about her, four years ago. She did't reciprocate and instead chose to stay in her current (apparently unhappy) relationship at the time.

Confessing how he feels again, comes off as more of a "why don't you love me!?" reaction than something heartfelt. The woman is about to be deployed over seas, she needs friendship not someone guilt tripping her over her lack of feelings. At this point just sticking by her and being her friend is the better option.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Lissa-QUON said:
spartan231490 said:
If this was a first time confession, that might be the correct assumption to make.

Except for the fact that the sender had stated he ALREADY had told her how he felt about her, four years ago. She did't reciprocate and instead chose to stay in her current (apparently unhappy) relationship at the time.

Confessing how he feels again, comes off as more of a "why don't you love me!?" reaction than something heartfelt. The woman is about to be deployed over seas, she needs friendship not someone guilt tripping her over her lack of feelings. At this point just sticking by her and being her friend is the better option.
I don't think those two options are mutually exclusive. It's perfectly possible to be there for her as her friend and tell her that you have feelings for her. and The last confession was 4 years ago, a lot can change in 4 years, and I feel it's important to let her know that it hasn't.