Donald and Melania Trump Test Positive for Covid

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I think we all need to ask ourselves whether we've passed the "correcting misinformation" stage and are fully engaged in "giving stupid ideas a platform" when we reply to certain people.
You might be onto something there.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And yet they're back even though Covid is still as big a threat as ever.
Covid isn't still as big a threat as ever. The mortality rate is a fraction of what it once was. Look at like France right now, with 4 times as many positive cases as they had when they peaked in spring but 1/10th the people dying.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Covid isn't still as big a threat as ever. The mortality rate is a fraction of what it once was. Look at like France right now, with 4 times as many positive cases as they had when they peaked in spring but 1/10th the people dying.
France isn't the fucking problem, they likely have low mortality rates because their population aren't acting like entitled children throwing a temper tantrum about basic fucking safety protocols. The problem is where the infections and deaths are going through the roof. The US.

Besides, what is your goal by saying it's not a big deal? To have everyone be even MORE lax with safety measures, despite ridiculous numbers of people getting and dying from the virus, precisely in areas where they DON'T use safety measures?

You seem to have it backwards. You think we don't need to worry and use precautions because some places aren't having serious issues. But you seem to overlook the REASON is they have been using good safety precautions, that's WHY they aren't having a big issue. The US isn't in that place, because of fucking idiots, a metric ton of fucking idiots.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
France isn't the fucking problem, they likely have low mortality rates because their population aren't acting like entitled children throwing a temper tantrum about basic fucking safety protocols. The problem is where the infections and deaths are going through the roof. The US.

Besides, what is your goal by saying it's not a big deal? To have everyone be even MORE lax with safety measures, despite ridiculous numbers of people getting and dying from the virus, precisely in areas where they DON'T use safety measures?

You seem to have it backwards. You think we don't need to worry and use precautions because some places aren't having serious issues. But you seem to overlook the REASON is they have been using good safety precautions, that's WHY they aren't having a big issue. The US isn't in that place, because of fucking idiots, a metric ton of fucking idiots.
When he explained his initial plan to me, it just sounded like he wanted everyone to get sick, so that people like me just " die" and that seems to be okay with him. From my understanding, Trump supporters have just decided it was acceptable that those like me, or the unexpected deaths are acceptable losses to accomplish their goals and that we really shouldn't have a say in the matter because we are a smaller percentage of the population so they simply do not care.

I want to live. I am sure Chad Dorrill wanted to live, that Aurea Yolotzin Soto Morales wanted to live, that Skylar Herbert wanted to live along with the other 210,000 plus people here too, but hey, " it's no big deal right?"

I mean if it ONLY killed those who were responsible for enabling it to spread uncontrolled and those who see us as acceptable losses, that would be them taking responsibility for their decisions, but that isn't how this works here. " saying it is no big deal" is beyond abhorrent to those of us who have lost loved ones and/or at risk of severe illness and death ourselves. Those making these decisions to put us in harms way are 100% responsible for these deaths.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

That was just an example. The mortality rate isn't dropping just in France, it's dropping everywhere. And that doesn't drop like that because of stricter safety measures, you get fewer infections with stricter safety measures, not more infections with less death. It's improvement in treatment that drops that number like that, and it's happening everywhere.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
That was just an example. The mortality rate isn't dropping just in France, it's dropping everywhere. And that doesn't drop like that because of stricter safety measures, you get fewer infections with stricter safety measures, not more infections with less death. It's improvement in treatment that drops that number like that, and it's happening everywhere.
Yeah, probably a combination of more younger people infected who are at lowest risk, transmission of less viral load in public places where high and low risk meet due to distancing measures and the combination of dexamethason and remdesivir being really effective treatment.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
We shouldn't just attribute better treatment to a pair of drugs. Most of the increase in survivability is likely to come from the simple fact that the staff working with Covid-19 have been getting a lot of experience on how to treat it and what's best practice. Things like what signs precipitate worsening conditions, when and how to apply specific medication and suitable duration for ventilator care among many, many others.
Well prepared staff and more treatment options are part of the equation, the other is that we still have people who have been in isolation since February/March. I do shopping for some of them still, those that know they are vulnerable have been taking this seriously and have still been riding this out. The nursing homes here have still not had any infections yet because of the strict protocols in place. The longer this goes uncontrolled, however, the increased likelihood the vulnerable still trying to do everything they can to not contract it will at some point due to the lack of government response to prevent that from happening. When this first hit, not only were our hospitals ill equipped and healthcare providers unprepared, the general population was not aware of the threat so the numbers of vulnerable that contracted it were extremely high. Many of the vulnerable are still trying to hold out here waiting for the government to take appropriate action, but from the looks of it, no help is coming. The more of these still sheltering populations become exposed, the more deaths we will have, as we still can only do so much, and this is only gets worse as the hospitals are still struggling to meet the demands. States desperately need help to meet the demand, but the GOP is still refusing to put that into the relief bill as well.

Reactions: deleted20220709

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
We shouldn't just attribute better treatment to a pair of drugs. Most of the increase in survivability is likely to come from the simple fact that the staff working with Covid-19 have been getting a lot of experience on how to treat it and what's best practice. Things like what signs precipitate worsening conditions, when and how to apply specific medication and suitable duration for ventilator care among many, many others.
The closest person to me to test positive for covid says she felt like a rock star in the hospital (she had a scheduled surgery when they tested her, she didn't need intervention for the covid), because of all the doctors and staff and state employees asking her questions trying to get as much information as they possibly could.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The closest person to me to test positive for covid says she felt like a rock star in the hospital (she had a scheduled surgery when they tested her, she didn't need intervention for the covid), because of all the doctors and staff and state employees asking her questions trying to get as much information as they possibly could.
And that is representative of what exactly? OTOH, Oblivion Jone's Mother died of it... My brother is still having complications after a lengthy hospital stay...

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And that is representative of what exactly? OTOH, Oblivion Jone's Mother died of it... My brother is still having complications after a lengthy hospital stay...
It's representative of the medical community working hard to gain insight to develop better treatment and avoid future deaths.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Trump when he leaves the hospital, pumped full of meds:
I still don't think I can give you enough props for this. It is proving to be more True than you may have realized...
So much So Pelosi is trying to invoke the 25th..

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
New-ish development.
Also, I thought Fox News had fallen out of favor?
That was 10 minutes ago. trump's nanny has since given him a cup of pudding and a nap, and he's friends with fox again.

Also this is the same idiot, that participated in what, 13 separate interviews with a reporter (that he apparently knew wasn't a big trump fan), who then released those interviews. So you know, he's not the smartest idiot in the crab bucket of idiots.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I still don't think I can give you enough props for this. It is proving to be more True than you may have realized...
And should that happen, I'll find a Simpsons gif for that too. Because there is a Simpsons gif for everything.
That was 10 minutes ago. trump's nanny has since given him a cup of pudding and a nap, and he's friends with fox again.

Also this is the same idiot, that participated in what, 13 separate interviews with a reporter (that he apparently knew wasn't a big trump fan), who then released those interviews. So you know, he's not the smartest idiot in the crab bucket of idiots.
Sure, his mercurial whims aside tho, I'm guessing it's just because even if they're not sucking his dick hard enough for his tastes, Fox News does still have a large audience, and his vanity demands as many people as possible see how stronk he is.

Reactions: lil devils x

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sure, his mercurial whims aside tho, I'm guessing it's just because even if they're not sucking his dick hard enough for his tastes, Fox News does still have a large audience, and his vanity demands as many people as possible see how stronk he is.
That would be nice, but I think it's more likely that he's got the worst memory ever, and genuinely forgets shit like "I was mad at them yesterday because they said something I don't like."

Reactions: lil devils x

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I hope not. On one hand it would probably be a good idea, but on the other, politically it would only play badly.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I hope not. On one hand it would probably be a good idea, but on the other, politically it would only play badly.
I imagine Pelosi knows it won't pass, and she's only pursuing this avenue because it'll play well among the people who matter. The Democratic voterbase expect her and the DNC to pursue every avenue open to them, regardless of how likely they are to be successful in the American political system. If she doesn't pursue this approach, she'll be seen as complicit.