Donald Glover to Become (Animated) Spider-Man

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
They should make a Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man video game.

Actually, scratch that. Beenox is terrible at making Spider-Man games. So why bother?

I wanted to like the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series. There were a few fun moments like the mind-swap episode with Wolverine. But mostly it was just hard to watch. I don't mind a more comedic take on Spidey, and I don't even mind Drake Bell in the role of Peter Parker. But the show just isn't very good. It undermines itself by forcing jokes in every 27 seconds. Of course I stopped watching after the first season, someone above said it improved so hopefully that is the case. But I still don't think I'll be giving it another chance.

YicklePigeon

Jan 3, 2012
This would probably interest me in the Spider-Man franchise again. Like many of you, I find the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon to be...wayward at best. When the stories don't focus on Drake Bell's Spider-Man? Great! The Wolverine episode from the first season is wonderfully done, as is the Deadpool episode from the second (despite certain individuals not being happy with Will "Batman Beyond" Friedle himself voicing him).

But I'd prefer a new Spider-Woman animated series - either as a compliment to the new Spider-Man or just. Hopefully, if that were to happen and it do well? Marvel might see the light and approve a Netflix-only Black Widow animated series/film (to get past Broadcasting Standards)...that probably won't happen though. :\

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Why is the frontpage image for this article superior Spider-man?

-m

Apr 17, 2009
I have to give them some kudos for not going the "Miles Morales just happens to be Spidey in this universe" and actually stating that, yeah, he's Spidey because Peter Parker died. I honestly thought they'd try and avoid that