Don't Get Arrested With This Awesome Assassin's Creed Blade

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
Damn. I'm already going as Clark Kent.
Whatever though, no girl is going to see a retractable blade and think sexy. Last year I was a doctor with a real syringe in my front pocket. That was enough to scare people.

The Bum

Mar 14, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
Assassin's blade? Oh, no, I think I'll call it for what it truly is:

"Thin Mints Acquisition Device"

[small]Well, would you look at that, Girl Scouts going door-to-door... just in time... mwahahahahahaha....[/small]
GIMME THE FUCKING MINTS ***** JUST SHUT UP AND GIMME THE DANM MINTS!!!!!

Good lord i love thin mints.

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
Fake. Real assassin's have their finger chopped off.
Someone either didn't play Assassin's Creed II, or else didn't pay very much attention. Not sure which is worse in this case.

RARbuddha

Jun 7, 2010
i dont post much (obv), but this thread confuses me. everyone who is posting here has in some fashion used this "internet" to do so, and yet many are afraid of this "internet" possible missuses (see: double concealed switch blade).

yes knifes can hurt ppl, so can bombs, guns, paper clips, and erasers. if you wanted to weaponize any seemingly mundane item you can do so.

pls dont get bent out of shape and post about the possible dangers and how this will now portray the gaming industry. the posts akin to: "something will happen somewhere and then bad stuff will happen." simply offer nothing to the conversation.

idiots will find a way to misrepresent any group they so choose (gaming, music, heavy metal, hentai, role play, etc). redacting or censoring information in any attempt to thwart the idiotic and ignorant before they act as their nature would have them, is a slow climb up shit mountain.

OT: nice build, glad to read (yt comments) that you are staying moderately safe. i would like the specs to make this double action spork ive been dreaming of....

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
Herp Derp, this blade is obviously bulging out, making it that, no, it is not possible to cut your finger off by accident

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
I once knew a guy who made a mechanism like this. Except instead of a gun it was a vise that you could attatch all sorts of things to. He based it out of the concealed gun dispenser rig DeNiro made in Taxi Driver. It was pretty much the same as this:

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
zombays said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
Herp Derp, this blade is obviously bulging out, making it that, no, it is not possible to cut your finger off by accident
He is refering to Assassin Creed, to join the bortherhood you need to cut of one of the finger.
and the blade only works with one missing finger.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Mackheath said:
...I am making this.

Fuck the legality, I want it, if only for the cool factor.
and when your done with that try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efdDsba-gjk

saphirekosmos

Dec 25, 2008
TheOneandOnly said:
Still prefer my concealed flamethrower. *Shifty eyes*

Also, it's just a double action switchblade, pretty simple piece of engineering.
Technically I think it ia a gravity blade. He seems to have to flick is arm to get it out. Still cool but technically not the assassin's blade which is a double action switch blade. ^__^

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Lono Shrugged said:
Jesus Christ, only thing thats missing from the vid is "are you talking to me?"

But seriously I hate this kind of thing. As cool as it is some kid is going to cut his finger off or stab a cat or something and the news services will go fucking spare.
I think it's awesome, since I can't think of a more creative way to say it. But I agree with you about the news thing. It would be weird though: what would they say? That it's inspired by the game? It certainly is, but how would they protest?
"My son has lost a finger because of your game!" Unless the game itself, disc, box, whatever, held him down and cut off his finger, I'd say it's his own fault.

Anyway, I'll probably try to build this; but use something less... sharp. One thing I also like about it is that even though you have to flick your arm kinda hard to get the blade out, at least that says that the blade won't come out on accident (most of the time).

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
Though that sacrifice was previously needed, the design has been modified. You can keep your finger.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
If only someone would rig up one that has the blade shoot out with deadly force not having to flail your arm around like a moron.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
As someone who just happens to like knives, that is really cool! Now I'm just curious, given the nature of the device, wouldn't its legality depend also on State laws in the U.S., for instance? One could possibly alter the design to fit with the ordinances (i.e. single edge vs double edge) and also the matter of licenses for hidden lethal weapons. The knife laws here are pretty messed up considering how easy it is to possess and be caught with a freaking gun by comparison.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
Real. Play AC 2. Altair perfected it so when Ezio found the codecs DaVinci could be one that didn't require a finger chop.