Don't Stop Me Now: Doctor Who Hits Its Stride This Week

Deimir

Jul 3, 2008
Up until this episode I really thought we'd had a great run with Clara, and while it would have been kind of abrupt to remove both her and Mr Pink from the show, I think it still could've worked*. This was also my favorite of Capaldi's performances so far, and I can't help but draw the correlation between that and him actually spending so much screen time away from Clara. But then we got Clara and the Doctor talking about addictions, which is basically a big flashy sign saying "watch out, Status Quo incoming!" Followed up by Clara choosing to lie to Danny rather than admit she can't give up time-travelling. We'll see just how long the deception lasts, and I'm betting they break up over it when things come to light, only to get back together in whichever episode is Clara's finale. Speaking of which, it would be nice to see a companion depart for a benign or happy reason, rather than some sort of tragedy.

*What a freaking tease that was, with the engineer poking around in the TARDIS's guts. I would've killed Clara (the character, not the actress) myself if we got to have him as a companion.

Rockbottom87

Apr 28, 2011
I got the feeling that this ending wasn't as happy as the reviewer seems to think, I've known addicted people that flash a smile like that when they had their first fix in a while...