Don't Watch The New STALKER Trailer With the Lights Off

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Don't Watch The New STALKER Trailer With the Lights Off

Ready for some pre-weekend scares? The trailer for the new STALKER game, Call of Pripyat, will send some serious shivers down your spine.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was probably the creepiest game I've played since Silent Hill 2. We're talking paranoia and general anxiousness, capped off with legitimate screams that woke up people in rooms all the way on the other side of the building, no exaggeration. Remember the poltergeist level? The first military base where you meet this guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PWNlDoqHrc] at the end?

I still haven't tried Clear Sky, so I don't know if it lives up to its prequel (or sequel I guess, if you're talking about the story) for scares, but if the first trailer is any indication, the newest STALKER, Call of Pripyat, will definitely not be the type of game you played in your room alone at three in the morning while your housemates are trying to get their beauty sleep.

The clip opens with some slow shots taking us through some creepy looking environments, showcasing GSC Game World's talent for creating atmosphere. Then we find an innocent looking STALKER wandering around some abandoned buildings (bad idea). He's just minding his own business when he's ambushed by one of Call of Pripyat's newest monstrosities, the Burer. I'll just let you watch the video so you can see this disgusting thing for yourself.

Xris

Aug 1, 2009
Ha, I watched it with the lights off.

In all seriousness, that Burer doesn't really look that great. Its shadow looks like some walking blob... thing.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
What the hell was that thing? A mutated midget with telekinesis?

Eh, it's not that bad. I'm more worried about Pseudogiants. And Snorks. And Controllers.

God I hate Controllers. They always freak me out.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
...that was meant to be scary? really? no offence Keane, but that really wasn't scary at all.. sorry :p Still, nice trailer, at least it tried ^^

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
i hope its like shadow of chenobyl, i mean that game scared the crap out of me in the underground labs, especially the bit when something was banging the blast door... i didnt dare enter the code to open it lol

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
The severed head on the window sills about one minute in freaked me out. Yoda however, did not.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
I've seen scarier trailer. But still looks like a nice game.

Can I just ask are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games open world?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
As soon as I've seen him, I got bored of the trainer.
I don't wan Cherno Bilbo throwing fuckign chairs at me, thanks.
Although the graphics were nice, and this might actually be a pretty decent game.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Asehujiko said:
The severed head on the window sills about one minute in freaked me out. Yoda however, did not.
Same here, the setting was well done but what the hell was that floating light thing?

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
What got me about the blob was that, at first, I didn't even see him enter the room and sneak up on the guy; when I saw that shadow behind him, that was freaky.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Yeeeaaah, this is one of those cases "Get that new computer now". I really need to get rid of this broken laptop, get me a desktop.

Also, what are the odds that this will be as buggy as the last two.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
dalek sec said:
Asehujiko said:
Same here, the setting was well done but what the hell was that floating light thing?
I believe that was a Poltergeist.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Sure, it's an okay trailer, but Call of Pripyat?

PRIPYAT?!

Really? What the hell were they thinking?

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
I wish they'd stop overusing the fire monster. It made an excellent what the fuck moment in the first game, but it just gets boring now. Also, what the fuck is the dwarf king from Oblivion lost doing there? He just made me laugh.