Don't you hate it when people tell you "Because I Have a Life"?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I'm sick and tried of when people say they went slow on a game because they have a life. I was woundering started this non-sense. We all have a life, but some chose to do differnt things with it. So what makes a life worth value? I believe if you are proud and if you enjoyed your life then your life will be valued. Whats your opinion?

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
I believe that to measure the worth of one's life, a man must measure his grammar and spelling. If both of these elements are in above-par condition then your life has worth.

Hevoo

Nov 29, 2008
songnar said:
I believe that to measure the worth of one's life, a man must measure his grammar and spelling. If both of these elements are in above-par condition then your life has worth.
I was going to say that, but I didn't want to bring the kids hopes and dreams down.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
There's no point to life, there is no meaning.

So give it one yourself.

Basically, if you enjoy what you're doing; if you're aware of the consequences and are okay with them, who cares?

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
insectoid said:
There's no point to life...
I rather disagree, there are many points in this life, unfortunately most of the other people you'll meet in this life will be trying with gusto to shove them through your spleen.

Try not to look for the point in life, inevitably it will find you instead.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms Snowalker,
Do what the fuck you want with your life. Play game, have rampant sex or lie in bed all day just do whatever you find fun and whatever lets you get the most out of life. What I or the guy who thinks you have no life think shouldn't matter to you in the slightest because it's your life to live.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I guess it's all about doing what you like, I go slow on some games because I has a boyfriend, and he needs to play or get some attention sometimes. And I have other hobbies too. Having a life is all relative. What kind of life is getting drunk and making a fool of yourself on a regular basis?

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Snowalker said:
I'm sick and tried of when people say they went slow on a game because they have a life. I was woundering started this non sense. We all have a life, but some chose to do differnt things with it. So what makes a life worth value? I believe if its you are proud and if you enjoyed your life. Whats your opinion?
My view is, gamers are seen to have no lives, as homosexuals are seen to be camp, and the british are seen to live in castles, and worship the queen. And say 'Cheerio' etc. Stereotypes apply to most things, and that won't change.

Learn to spell, by the way.

*EDIT* Actually, it was the guy below this post. Taco person. He thought the incident was funny. They have the same picture. My apologies for stating that you were the culprit.

John Tacos

Nov 25, 2008
songnar said:
Beat me to it. Damn you!

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
songnar said:
I believe, you sir, are a genius.

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
avykins said:
...after 3+ people bitching about his spelling it gets old. Get over it you assholes before someone scans all your posts for errors.
How to put this gently...

On a site full of "editors" where rule number x (x being a number somewhere between one and five) it is always free game to pick at a post which, if presented to an English teacher for grading, would be covered in substantially more red ink than black. To save time, I'm not going to pick the original post apart, I suspect most of the readers here are doing that for themselves as they read the original post, however next time you're posting and you spell something wrong note the little red line that appears under an incorrectly spelled word. There's just no great reason to spell so poorly.

*edit* One. It's actually, literally, physically rule bullet number one.

Mistah Kurtz

Jul 6, 2008
My opinion is that someone who feels strongly enough about this issue to post a thread about it probably doesn't have a life.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Umm.. I apologize for my spelling, I seem to have a hard time with that. That is also why I make small posts, less errors.

Syndef

Nov 14, 2008
There's apparently some kind of social stigma with gamers. We're seen as the kind of people who can stay down in the basement, staring at the TV with a sweat-soaked controller in hand. It's not really what you would call an active lifestyle, and in America, "going out" as well as being in top physical condition are valued qualities (ironic, since America has a really high obesity rate). So whatever. Screw 'em, man. I can say that high school jocks are over-aggressive, AIDS-carrying, assholes and lead questionable lives, too. It's all stereotypes. You see fat gamers, you see slim gamers; you see nerdy gamers, you see socially competent gamers. Next time someone tells you to "get a life" because you're a gamer, tell 'em to piss off and mind their own business.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
The purpose of your life is to leave a mark on the world. And the best way to do that is by having children. So if you have a chance to make children that will survive to carry on your name and legacy, then you should drop whatever you're doing and take that chance.

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed that John Tacos and Snowalker are using the same avatar?

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
John Tacos said:
songnar said:
Beat me to it. Damn you!
Says the person with "I has" in their title.