Don't you hate it when people tell you "Because I Have a Life"?

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
I go slow on games because I have a full-time job, need to sleep for said job and like to spend the money from said job physically interacting with other humans in an environment that does not have me belittling their skillz or submitting that they are, infact, a pack of worthless cocksnarks.

Occasionally, I will take a two week break from my hectic lifestyle, cancel all social engagements and lock myself in a dark room with a large TV, a console and a supply of heart-destroying snacks for a gaming marathon, just to remind myself who I am, where I come from and earn some of those delicious gamerpoints.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Mistah Kurtz said:
My opinion is that someone who feels strongly enough about this issue to post a thread about it probably doesn't have a life.
That's very insightful, really, I'm being serious...not joking. That is an extremely well thought out response and I'm sure Snowalker loves it. Anywho... The people who say that are usually idiots or arrogant @$$h0135 who are somehow able to get by without a single intelligent cell in their body. Those are the kinds of people who use stereotypes and believe that all videogames are just stupid products whose sole purpose is to entertain them. They fail to see videogames (some videogames at least) as a form of art. They are the kinds of people who fail to see just how important videogames are to modern culture, who fail to see how integral they are to the advancement of technology. I suggest leaving them alone in their own little worlds to do whatever the hell they want, they don't even deserve a proper comeback.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Lately I've been hanging out with people that claim to "have a life", trying to figure out what I've been missing out on these past few years.

I've been forced to conclude: not much.

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
songnar said:
insectoid said:
There's no point to life...
I rather disagree, there are many points in this life, unfortunately most of the other people you'll meet in this life will be trying with gusto to shove them through your spleen.

Try not to look for the point in life, inevitably it will find you instead.
I was trying to imply there is no 'one' point to life, hence you must create a point for yourself.

I didn't mean there is no point at all, merely that it is incredibly difficult to define, can change at any time, and is different for everyone.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I understand what you're trying to get at, but for me, I could care less. I really don't care what anyone else thinks. As long as I'm happy with what I'm doing, why would I care?