Donte from new DMC re-imagined as a bumbling swashbuckling Spanish gentleman.

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
I wonder if games could work as cheesy hammed up soap operas. It'd be awesome if they could.

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
Wow. That actually makes the game both sound and look more bearable. It's sad really, but I have to ask how this came to be? Do you just put it on spanish and it comes with music and mustache or?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Damn that totally reminds me of a soap opera, it would be an excellent experiment to just put that into the mix of shitty soaps and see how it fairs. I would bet a good deal of money this would actually get a huge following.
Obviously you need to tweak the subtitles so it looks like there is some crazy convoluted romance thing going on, with everyone somehow being related through magical means (I can't tell if that was already the case, Spanish is sadly not a language I speak).

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That first video reminds me of how embarrassed I was to be playing that game. Even though I was alone in my room I was still embarrassed.

captcha: it hurts

I know it does.

esserin

Nov 10, 2014
Is this like a mod or something?

Perhaps the hopeful sign of the future of videogames?

Whatever it is, I wish I knew spanish

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
esserin said:

Yep it's a mod (At least the mustache Dante skin is, not sure about the music)
And... I hope those aren't the original Spanish dub's because... It's sooooo bad that it's great! It's sounds exactly like something you would see your great-grandma watching on TV.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
EyeReaper said:
I think the proper name for this should be Donte Quixote.
THIS IS PERFECT

YES

This was very enjoyable, outside of your typical comments of "EHMEGERD THIS MAKES DA GAM GUD LUL". Sadly it seems the mod(s) that do this don't include the change in soundtrack, which is a shame. I'd have played through the whole game this way.

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
Madkipz said:
Wow. That actually makes the game both sound and look more bearable. It's sad really, but I have to ask how this came to be? Do you just put it on spanish and it comes with music and mustache or?
This is the spanish dub of the game, but the music is edited in and the visuals are mods.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Finally! A spanish game character that I can relate to.

We truly live in progressive times.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
VincentX3 said:
esserin said:

And... I hope those aren't the original Spanish dub's because... It's sooooo bad that it's great! It's sounds exactly like something you would see your great-grandma watching on TV.
I don't actually speak Spanish, but from what I could understand they're pretty much a translation of the original lines.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Madkipz said:
The second video features Hisoka's theme from Hunter x Hunter so the music is added at least.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
freaper said:
VincentX3 said:
esserin said:

I don't actually speak Spanish, but from what I could understand they're pretty much a translation of the original lines.
I do speak spanish (Living in Spain for 8+ yrs now) and I meant that the voice acting is so bad it's good. Since no one from spain or mexico actually talks in those accents.

The only time you'll hear that kinda over-the-top spanish is on TV in a spanish drama, that's why this is so great.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Give Donte a sombrero and write an equally cheesy script for the subtitles that looks like badly translated English and I am so sold.

kurokotetsu

Proud Master
Sep 17, 2008
VincentX3 said:
I do speak spanish (Living in Spain for 8+ yrs now) and I meant that the voice acting is so bad it's good. Since no one from spain or mexico actually talks in those accents.

The only time you'll hear that kinda over-the-top spanish is on TV in a spanish drama, that's why this is so great.
Well, I'm Mexican, lived in Spain and with Spanish family and that accent is clearly Spanish. And that kind of dub is pretty standard, hell teh Danet voice I would bet is a famous dub actor, I've heard it before. It is not only like a more "neutral" Spanish than what Spaniards use (as such a bit artifical) but it isn't all that terrible.

OT: That was meh. Only making fun of teh Spanish dub, which is usually considered pretty aweful by all except the Spanish themesleves.