DOOM Concept Art Shows Dark Lord of Congeniality

Encaen

May 6, 2005
DOOM Concept Art Shows Dark Lord of Congeniality

DOOM's menagerie of hellspawn is about what you'd expect from a pageant of demons.

Is this a fluff piece about game art? Yes, yes it is. Do these demons look like the stuff a grown-ass adult's nightmares may well be made of? Absolutely.

If you're the sort of person that thinks violence in video games is the first sign of the imminent collapse of human decency, jog on. For the rest of you, burn these images into your mind, or you may just wet yourself when you see them in game.

DOOM is set to launch this Friday, May 13.

[gallery=6227]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I like the new Pinkie; it's nice and hunch-backed. And the improved colour palette in general is a breath of fresh air.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I love the new Cacodemon, I loved it when it vomits the little fireball in the live action trailer too.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I don't get the cybered-up fat demon. I'm not that familiar with Doom, maybe it's because of that, but what's up with hell that they toy around with very human looking tech? It's even the typical military dark-green. I can't imagine that stuff being made in actual hell.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
Loving the new designs.

Cowabungaa said:
I don't get the cybered-up fat demon. I'm not that familiar with Doom, maybe it's because of that, but what's up with hell that they toy around with very human looking tech? It's even the typical military dark-green. I can't imagine that stuff being made in actual hell.
They were talking about some cultish stuff going on and "weaponizing the demons" in the story previews, so I'd imaging that it is human tech on demon.

That Revenant though

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
I don't really care for these designs. Maybe they'll look better to me in action.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Loving the new designs, notably the Mancubus, Pinkie, and Imp. The Revanant looks legitimately scary. The Cacodemon will never not be cute, this new one being no exception.

All in all this game is shaping up to be right up my alley. The look, the sound, the music, the gameplay cycle... Can't wait for Friday. Barring some catastrophic misstep in the final game, it looks like id may have finally returned to form.