Doomed Madden NFL 11 Cover Star Chosen

durtysouh85

Jun 6, 2009
Rand-m said:
oppp7 said:
What exactly is the Madden curse?
The player on the cover of Madden every single year follows it up with one of the worst years of his career.

EDIT: Or he gets injured.
yeah exacly, bu last years cover had two players...did they turn out ok?

i think resse will heave a great year once more, hell break the madden curse just like boston broke the goat curse! ;)

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
JARED ALLEN WAS A CONTENDER!?

Thank god he didn't get it... The last thing the Vikings need is to have the D-line lacking... I panic enough about whether the Williams Wall is going to be intact every game.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Sweet, its a saint, still wont affect how rubbish Greenbay do though, god-damn cheese heads! Why could it not have been a bloody viking, seriously would have uped Greenbay's chances loads.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
brodie21 said:
Armored Prayer said:
brodie21 said:
hey, they can just put a redskin on the cover every year and not have an effect! ZING!
Oh snap! I must admit as a formal DC resident (and fan) that stung a little.(even though thats true)
i live near DC, but i am not a redskins fan, even though my relatives have ribbed me about the redskins
Ha same story with me. I always prefer the Ravens more than the Redskins, but I'm not that much into football to begin with.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
oppp7 said:
Whoever is on the cover has their carrer go down the tubes for some reason. Has been happening for at least... 10 years?....

Anyhoo... NOOOOOOOO! I barely pay attention to the NFL, and this was one of the players I like!

Why Madden! Why!
Actually Ray Lewis is still going pretty strong (GO RAVENS F****AS!!)

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome, I've never heard of him, but it will be interesting to see what happens

Rosen2012

Mar 10, 2010
While I thank you for taking the time to break down what 'foot ball' is for us shut in gamers. I know what a Dorito is. Don't eat the things, but I know the snack aisle of a grocery store well. I'm sure lots of us do.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Awexsome said:

Thank god he didn't get it... The last thing the Vikings need is to have the D-line lacking... I panic enough about whether the Williams Wall is going to be intact every game.
The Vikings don't need the Madden Curse to choke. They have been doing it faithfully on their own since the 70s.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Low Key said:
Awexsome said:

The Vikings don't need the Madden Curse to choke. They have been doing it faithfully on their own since the 70s.
They ALMOST had it last season too...

If Favre comes back they still have a good chance this year... we're so damn close it hurts...

EPD001

Apr 15, 2009
asinann said:
oppp7 said:
Rand-m said:
oppp7 said:
The player on the cover of Madden every single year follows it up with one of the worst years of his career.

EDIT: Or he gets injured.
With the exception of Brett Favre, he was the 09 cover guy and still had an ok year.
The thing with Favre is that he's been injured but it doesnt stop him and thats why i like him.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Poor guy, i was previously unaware of the Madden Curse!

Oh well, not that into American Football anyways.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Awexsome said:
Low Key said:
Awexsome said:

They ALMOST had it last season too...

If Favre comes back they still have a good chance this year... we're so damn close it hurts...
I wish I could share the sentiment about Favre, but I doubt he'll be back. He looked pretty banged up after the game against the Saints. As long as Taravis doesn't play, I'll be happy.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Wow. Really? Why Drew Brees? Why ruin one of the best quarterbacks of the past five years? Why? I guess he couldn't pay his way off the ballot like Peyton Manning (why hasn't he been on the cover?). Aye. I wonder what will happen to Brees. Hopefully nothing too serious.