Doomed Madden NFL 11 Cover Star Chosen

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
I love the implication that gamers know nothing about football or Doritos. Makes the article all the funnier.

Drew Brees, huh? Hope he doesn't have anything that bad happen to him. They just won the Super Bowl. They beat the Colts.

Y'see? I know about football! See, dad!? I am not a sissy!!!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Rand-m said:
oppp7 said:
What exactly is the Madden curse?
The player on the cover of Madden every single year follows it up with one of the worst years of his career.

EDIT: Or he gets injured.
If only they would do that with some British Football players lol

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
You know, I'd like to see them pick a Detroit Lions player just to see if they could possibly get worse, or if it would break the curse and make our team actually suck less.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
I'm gonna start betting my friends who don't play games that he's gonna get injured this between 2010 and 2011 then when it happens I'll show them this thread. If he doesn't get injured I'd become broke though.

temporalcrux

Nov 9, 2009
It was voted for on Dorito's website, keep that in mind. I bet every last Vikings fan voted 1000+ times.

Farve was on a cover, sure. And he was beat by the SAINTS! That's not bad enough for some of you guys?

Btw, the horrible OP poking fun at football felt.... bland at best.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Xzi said:
Last year, Troy Polamalu and Larry Fitzgerald were on the cover. Polamalu got injured and was out practically all season, but Fitzgerald had a decent year. It seems the only way to counter the Madden curse is to put two people on the cover and have each of them pray that they aren't the one to be injured.
it picks the better player and kills the whole team
Steelers lost to the browns
Steelers lost to the Raiders
Steelers dint even make it to the playoffs

dam you madden dam you

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
i don't think anybody cares who appears on the madden covers anymore... EA sports puts out a new version every damn year to suck in money from the idiot jocks and sports fans to create longer and better games like Dead Space 2 and DLC packages for their other games...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Once again, someone is filled to be the roll of the cover of Madden.

When will this end?

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
durtysouh85 said:
Rand-m said:
oppp7 said:
What exactly is the Madden curse?
The player on the cover of Madden every single year follows it up with one of the worst years of his career.

EDIT: Or he gets injured.
yeah exacly, bu last years cover had two players...did they turn out ok?

i think resse will heave a great year once more, hell break the madden curse just like boston broke the goat curse! ;)
Actually the curse of the goat is for the Chicago Cubs not the Red Sox. The Red Sox's curse was the curse of the bambino.

OT: Sorry Drew Brees, I will not be picking you this year in fantasy football. Although you are probably the guy to break the curse.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Didnt Favre end '09 with a torn bicep (despite never being on the injury report) and basically play the Jets out of the Playoffs and Lose Mangini his job? sounds pretty cursed to me!

I would love to see Jared Allen on the cover but only if he had the picture in his favourite mulled and Jorts (and break the curse.

I hope Brees is OK, heck it will make hs O line much more protective! (also the saints a as whole were in the Madden commercials last year so hopefully the curse will not strike)

I'm just looking forward to a good season as I dont support any Team in general I just like to watch good Football

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
My theory is that the curse won't affect Brees since he was democratically elected to the cover.

Axel Jet

Apr 6, 2010
i don't think its a bad idea to let someone else give an NFL game a try. Every year EA releases another game with a few new additions and everyone plays it for a few months before realizing it still sucks. GO PACKERS!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Wow. People still think there's a Madden curse?

I miss the Chunky Soup curse. We should bring that one back.