Doomsday Arcade: Episode 20

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Yay I thought it had ended. Good episode if a little strange can't wait for the next

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm so glad this episode is finally out, it's answered absolutely... Nothing...

Props though, you made it entertaining.
I mean I'm still loving it.

"Phwoar!"

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Random argument man said:
So......God mode?

EDIT: Yeah, god mode http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/doomsday-arcade/511-Episode-Two
Thats what I was thinking. Either that, or the place they are in makes them invincible.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode
You're forgetting that Toad is a little *****.

As for invulnerability... Hero Caveat? (also known as GM armour)

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Maybe it was the mercer meatloaf? The mercer meal? The Alix soufle? By which I mean that they could have mercer manliness from their Alix anchovies.

MikeyTWolf

Sep 10, 2008
Don't forget that Cooking Mama was TOO good at cooking up their death, perhaps winding up giving them ambrosia, thus giving them 9999 health?

Since, y'know, they're still gaining holes and stuff. Maybe if you dished enough damage to leave nothing left to put a hole in?

benylor

May 30, 2009
Kalezian said:
Nimbus said:
Uh... Hmmm...

I'm guessing you can't be killed by a non-agressive NPC?
or, Toad cant do any damage because he is a weakling, like Mario said.
I'd be inclined to believe this guy. Remember, video game laws. They were just recently in RPG land too, and this is common RPG territory.

The Michaels (sorry) are probably at like level 40 by final fantasy standards by now - they were able to directly challenge the Dice Lord and get the exposition out of him, but unable to hit him. 30 sounds roughly right to me, at least. In any case, their level is relatively high.

Toad, of course, is a little *****. Level 1, if that. If a 10-small guns skill Lone Wanderer shoots a Super Mutant Overlord with a The Terrible Shotgun, it's still going to do shit damage on account of the skill being so low, despite the animation being exactly the same as if the skill was higher.

Ergo, Toad is simply too low level to do any real damage.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
crotalidian said:
W.....T.....F?

"Vita Chamber?"
"not yet"
great little teaser.

and why is liquid snake in the orange box?!?!

as for the invincibility i have no clue but makes another good question for future weeks
I think the orange box is to contain the portal tech.
Pretty good episode. Poor toad's speechless.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
One of the weaker episodes...still was fairly good. Getting a bit confusing though.

CMon

Jun 18, 2009
I'm thinking we're seeing the effects of the Mercer-meal here.

Although, they also got shot out of a cannon prior to eating Mercer so yeah, maybe it is God mode.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
Now that's what I call overkill XD

This episode was hilarious! I can't wait till the next one :D

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I think it's god mode or all that Mercer they ate before hand. Kind of a weird episode though, it wasn't bad, just weird.