Doomsday Arcade: Episode 20

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Soma classic jokes here and there - finding reason why they are alive, and side characters getting taking over the story were the funniest for me :) and good question - why aren't they dead XD

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Kalezian said:
benylor said:
Kalezian said:
Nimbus said:
Uh... Hmmm...

I'm guessing you can't be killed by a non-agressive NPC?
or, Toad cant do any damage because he is a weakling, like Mario said.
I'd be inclined to believe this guy. Remember, video game laws. They were just recently in RPG land too, and this is common RPG territory.

The Michaels (sorry) are probably at like level 40 by final fantasy standards by now - they were able to directly challenge the Dice Lord and get the exposition out of him, but unable to hit him. 30 sounds roughly right to me, at least. In any case, their level is relatively high.

Toad, of course, is a little *****. Level 1, if that. If a 10-small guns skill Lone Wanderer shoots a Super Mutant Overlord with a The Terrible Shotgun, it's still going to do shit damage on account of the skill being so low, despite the animation being exactly the same as if the skill was higher.

Ergo, Toad is simply too low level to do any real damage.
if that was TL and you DR, simply: Toad Fails.......

but yea, that did make a lot of sense. that or his guns were in terrible condition.

or, lets go with the Dice Lord..........Toad is a natural 1 roller...........
Maybe the elevator took them into Mortal Kombat world, where the can take shitloads of damage and bleed to death over and over, without actually dying.
Or, perhaps, that timeless gaming staple, regenerating health?

Mortars

May 24, 2009
As Cloud8745 once said; TOAD GETS ALL THE BITCHES!!! http://www.viddler.com/explore/cloud8745/videos/2/

OT: I have no idea how they survived all that, but it was as funny as always.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode

edit: how did shanks look at his forehead, that's impossible, why did the new guys that were killed start screaming in horror after they were shot rather than screaming of pain? And of course there is to ask why did they scream the same before, during and after they were shot without the shot actually making a difference in the tone of the scream?

Why did toad carry so many weapons if in the last episode he was just leaving Mario that doesn't respect him, rather than just carry a pistol?

In short- logic has left the building
Logic left the building at Episode 1, keep up!

EDIT: Yay! More out-takes!

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I like this series, but I don't like the lack of resolution in some episodes. After watching the 800 Naruto filler episodes, I can't stand crap like this that has no point anymore.

Dreolic

Mar 6, 2009
maybe its some form of pre-round or after round that you get in PFS sometimes where you can just shoot like mad at the enemy and nobody dies.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
crotalidian said:
and why is liquid snake in the orange box?!?!
The box in question is actually used in Metal Gear Solid, and has no relation to the Valve Orange Box.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
kukuku ^^ said:
crotalidian said:
W.....T.....F?

"Vita Chamber?"
"not yet"
great little teaser.

and why is liquid snake in the orange box?!?!

as for the invincibility i have no clue but makes another good question for future weeks
I think the orange box is to contain the portal tech.
Pretty good episode. Poor toad's speechless.
In Metal Gear games there is always at least one box marked "THE ORANGE", i dont think it was a reference

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode

edit: how did shanks look at his forehead, that's impossible, why did the new guys that were killed start screaming in horror after they were shot rather than screaming of pain? And of course there is to ask why did they scream the same before, during and after they were shot without the shot actually making a difference in the tone of the scream?

Why did toad carry so many weapons if in the last episode he was just leaving Mario that doesn't respect him, rather than just carry a pistol?

In short- logic has left the building

Answer: It's an internet series, it doesn't NEED to make sense...

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009

What the heck? XD

Probably the funniest one out of all of them if you ask me. I don't get how this will work into the story, though.

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Tears of Blood said:

What the heck? XD

Probably the funniest one out of all of them if you ask me. I don't get how this will work into the story, though.
It'll keep them from being dead...

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
This series is becomming more and more surreal as time goes on...

[HEADING=1]AWESOME![/HEADING]

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Ah this was quite beast. Yeah I am believing it's when they turned on God Mode as you can always forget you turned it on.

P.A. Master

May 8, 2008
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Obviously, he's an ally and just doesn't realize it yet. You see, friendly fire was turned off. Obviously.
...Holy sh*t, that makes the most sense, if Godmode isn't it. Or it would, if they hadn't been shot out of a cannon, poisoned, and subject to deadly situations multiple times over.

It works for Toad, though. And it's original.

P.A. Master

May 8, 2008
And I just realized, when Tom and Ryan are waiting for their protagonist spot.

Just after Lund and Shanks are shot, a small message pops up on Ryan's computer screen: "Wow, that was a fucking convenient camera, wasn't it?"

Small details like that just make me love this series even more. :3