Doomsday Arcade: Episode 20

epunk35

Oct 5, 2009
Haha Liquid Snake coming in made me laugh. But if the second episode was Big Boss and thats Liquid...Where is Solid Snake?

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
Prince of Persia, now with even worse memory!
While the "Toad's too low level" theory is the most likely, might it be that they are invincible due to a side-effect from the unsuccessful "Michael Poison" Cooking Mama gave them?

Diet Chaos

Aug 21, 2009
I just can't help but feel bad for Toad; he tried so damn hard, and did so damn well.
I loved the music that played when he stalked towards Lund with a cleaver.
Excellent episode; can't wait for the next!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I love Tom's voice when he goes all high and creepy

poor poor toad, he just wants a bit of love!

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
P.A. Master said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Obviously, he's an ally and just doesn't realize it yet. You see, friendly fire was turned off. Obviously.
...Holy sh*t, that makes the most sense, if Godmode isn't it. Or it would, if they hadn't been shot out of a cannon, poisoned, and subject to deadly situations multiple times over.

It works for Toad, though. And it's original.
Actually, I originally was going to say godmode too, but I erased it because godmode would destroy any and every attempt at conflict in the show. The biggest giveaway was the use of TF2 guns. In TF2, hitting an ally does no damage, but they get bloody spots on the place you shot them.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
My guess is eating Prototype guy made em invincible.

Though still my fav episode is the Pokemon one.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
indeed it is a very %#@$ing convenient camera

maybe toad missed his head shot roll at point blank five hundred thousand bagillion times =]

it could happen

that or they have a REALLY LOW saving throw

Titch007uk

May 30, 2008
Episode was a bit weak. I'm a little bit confused as how this show can come out with epic episodes like the Dicelord/Fear ones and then occasional have stupidly gory, childish in joke fests with a little bit of gamer humour thrown in for good mesure.

ANYWAY. WILD THEORY TIME: On the subject of invunerability.

1) God Mode. Unlikely, in the episode in which they activate god mode Lund and Shanks are blocked from leaving by a warning message. The implication is that they had to switch it off. More to the point, God Mode would trash any sense of dramatic tension and just plain be a cop out

2) Mercer Inverunerbility. I thought it was likely before. Less so now. Seeing as before the implication was that Lund got one gift and Shanks got another. Memory and Regeration respectively.

3) Micheal Poison backfiring. Plausible, but seems a bit...obscure. Seeing as there's been no futher referance to it since that episode.

4) Lund and Shanks stats being high in comparison to Toads. More likely, given the amount that 19 was talking about stats and there effect on events. The two snags I see with this is that the Dicelord didn't comment on their Constitution stat, only a very high luck. The other big drawback is that they aren't in RPG world any more, so the same rules might not apply any more. Toad it's an RPG gaming abstraction, which whilst it doesn't stop him from being a ***** means he can't really have stats.

5) No damage due to friendly fire. This fits nicely assuming they are on the same side for some unknown reason, given that the TF2 abstraction fits, the guns are the same. It's weird that they died from the first shots, but it could just be dramatic lisence.

I'm going with 4 or 5 right now. To me them being on the same team is the -most- likely possibility given that Toad really resents Mario/Luigi and it implies an allience with anyone else who has the same feeling.

Trafs

Oct 14, 2009
Am I the only one that thought it was gonna be "Braid" when the doorbell rang? D:

llew

Sep 9, 2009
logic left the building un every episode thats what makes them so great