Doomsday Arcade: Episode 20

PyriteOkio

Feb 18, 2009
I laughed so hard when right after being shot in the face, he grabs toad and just RAILS it through the fucking wall. XD

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode

edit: how did shanks look at his forehead, that's impossible, why did the new guys that were killed start screaming in horror after they were shot rather than screaming of pain? And of course there is to ask why did they scream the same before, during and after they were shot without the shot actually making a difference in the tone of the scream?

Why did toad carry so many weapons if in the last episode he was just leaving Mario that doesn't respect him, rather than just carry a pistol?

In short- logic has left the building
Its comedy be honest when is there ever logic in that

Mar 16, 2009
I'm stuck back an episode with the Dice Lord and RPGs. Given Toad's assault, he has a high dexterity stat, with little attack strength.
Not much closure with this here episode.

Jul 19, 2009
I've got the Dicelord's "Neither one of us will kill the other." line running over and over in my head.

Maybe the Micheals can't be killed at all? Even before the godmode and the Mercer-Suprise?

Next next Thursday can't come fast enough!

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
IAmWright777 said:
ALEX MERCER POWERS!!!!! I wondered when they would appear.
This gets my vote. I never played the game, though, so I have to ask: does Mercer's health really regenerate that quickly?

Megido

Aug 24, 2008
benylor said:
Kalezian said:
Nimbus said:
Uh... Hmmm...

I'm guessing you can't be killed by a non-agressive NPC?
or, Toad cant do any damage because he is a weakling, like Mario said.
I'd be inclined to believe this guy. Remember, video game laws. They were just recently in RPG land too, and this is common RPG territory.

The Michaels (sorry) are probably at like level 40 by final fantasy standards by now - they were able to directly challenge the Dice Lord and get the exposition out of him, but unable to hit him. 30 sounds roughly right to me, at least. In any case, their level is relatively high.

Toad, of course, is a little *****. Level 1, if that. If a 10-small guns skill Lone Wanderer shoots a Super Mutant Overlord with a The Terrible Shotgun, it's still going to do shit damage on account of the skill being so low, despite the animation being exactly the same as if the skill was higher.

Ergo, Toad is simply too low level to do any real damage.
That makes a lot of God damned sense. I'm probably going to side with you on this, but there's another theory that caught my attention. Somebody said it has to do with them eating Alex Mercer, and that makes sense too. He can get shot a million times, and not be slowed down, so they probably gained his power.

I doubt that it's god mode, because people seem to forget that Shanks got his legs blown off after they tried to turn god mode on. Lund also got shot in the foot, not to mention all the wounds they sustained while fighting Mercer.

For me it's a toss up between them having Mercer's powers, or the RPG level theory.

sooperman said:
IAmWright777 said:
ALEX MERCER POWERS!!!!! I wondered when they would appear.
This gets my vote. I never played the game, though, so I have to ask: does Mercer's health really regenerate that quickly?
Depending on how far in the game you are, yes, his health regenerates very quickly. But even without fast health regeneration Mercer can absorb a ridiculous number of bullets without taking much damage.

Miss Kass

Dec 2, 2008
crotalidian said:
"Vita Chamber?"
"not yet"
I was going to quote the same thing. I'm excited for that episode. 8D

And the throwback to the first episode with the Tom and Ryan part was awesome. Except for their, y'know, gruesome deaths. I think it could have been the start of a near-beautiful friendship.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Carne said:
Alex Mercer probably has something to do with this.
If Mercer possessed delayed regenerative capabilities before Shanks and Lund ate him, then it could work. They would be restored to full health and fitness in a few weeks, giving them time to take the hits this episode, and be fully restored in two weeks. Simple (to me) and effective.
Always nice to see a revival of the 8-Bit Tie with Tom and Ryan.

Theory Disproval:

They would most likely have left the Land of the RPG when the Dicelord transported them to the Resistance's location, thus disproving all Toad Level 1 theories. He can't be a level 1 if he's not in the RPG lands.

Also, Cooking Mama didn't necessarily use the Michael Poison as an ingredient in Mercer stew, it was just in her cupboard.
*shudder* The eyes... Oh God, the eyes...

trollboy said:
It can't be god mode because in the second episode they were stopped by the server for enabling god mode and hence cheating.
He's right. They can't have used god mode.

And there you have it. Delayed regeneration is the only explanation.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Poor Toad. All he wanted was respect from his peers......To bad he's just to much of a wimp.

And a cliffhanger? Really? Come on. Tell us your secret? I won't tell anyone.
Hahaha! He's such a little *****!

Carne

Jul 27, 2008
CounterAttack said:
Carne said:
Alex Mercer probably has something to do with this.
If Mercer possessed delayed regenerative capabilities before Shanks and Lund ate him, then it could work. They would be restored to full health and fitness in a few weeks, giving them time to take the hits this episode, and be fully restored in two weeks. Simple (to me) and effective.
Always nice to see a revival of the 8-Bit Tie with Tom and Ryan.
No he didn't Mercer's ability to regenerate was based on consuming people. But his body was a walking virus that could take a lot of hits. Probably because it wasn't really a human body as it was a viral colony created from everyone he had consumed. After a while you do unlock regeneration though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I hate to be the personification of the gushing fan and utter this highly stereotypical line but,

"That was AWESOME! This show is getting better with every episode! I cannot wait to see what happens next!!!"

[sub]Heh heh, stupid Toad.[/sub]

Feb 13, 2008
God Mode Disproval

Lund would never have had the problem with the rocket jump if they had God Mode on.

My Sane Theory

They're the protagonists. Toad's attacks are chipping away at their massive life bars. Tommy Vercetti can launch a helicopter into a skyscraper, explode, fall onto a car, explode and then walk away. Same for the two Michaels.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe they're in the training level, and hus get retries with infinite lives?

That's my theory anyway.

Great episode, by the way.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
crotalidian said:
W.....T.....F?

"Vita Chamber?"
"not yet"
great little teaser.

and why is liquid snake in the orange box?!?!

as for the invincibility i have no clue but makes another good question for future weeks
Liquid snake was just hiding in a box, much like his brother, Solid. That box just so happend to be an orange box. It's just a box, 'nuff said.

OT: God mode was denied, and the dice lord may or may not have whisked them away from rpg land, so I really don't know. Could be that they've accrued enough points to have a great deal of extra lives by this point.

EDIT:Might be an arcade reference. In an arcade you never die, so long as you've got quarters in your pockets. They might be losing money per death.