Doomsday Arcade: Episode 20

LegsyWegsy

Jan 31, 2008
satans_cow said:
LegsyWegsy said:
I was so hoping for Tom to have his own episode, hes awesome, sorry guys, he just beats you ;D

also phwoar...
I know, Shanks and Lund suck, and they are bad friends too.
you have the most awesome voice ever concieved ever, and you say the best lines and play the best characters, so yeah
You > Them

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode

edit: how did shanks look at his forehead, that's impossible, why did the new guys that were killed start screaming in horror after they were shot rather than screaming of pain? And of course there is to ask why did they scream the same before, during and after they were shot without the shot actually making a difference in the tone of the scream?

Why did toad carry so many weapons if in the last episode he was just leaving Mario that doesn't respect him, rather than just carry a pistol?

In short- logic has left the buildin
kozmo said:
What the hell was that!? the entire episode was weird. One of the weirdest things was the fact that they showed as in the episode that Toad is an extremely well trained soldier but yet from some reason, everyone think he is horrible. If it wasn't for the Michaels invincibility they would have died so many times and yet he is considered by everyone to be horribly untrained.

Seriously, did you see how fast he responded when he heard shanks? Did you see how fast he pooled out his gun and got direct hits to Shanks face even through his other hand was holding Lund and that his pistol was probably in his pocket or something? I have many other points about Toad, but the biggest point is-Toad isn't a wimp. He seems to be a war veteran but yet, from some reason he is considered a wimp.

That doesn't make sense.

and about the invincibility- I vote for god mode

edit: how did shanks look at his forehead, that's impossible, why did the new guys that were killed start screaming in horror after they were shot rather than screaming of pain? And of course there is to ask why did they scream the same before, during and after they were shot without the shot actually making a difference in the tone of the scream?

Why did toad carry so many weapons if in the last episode he was just leaving Mario that doesn't respect him, rather than just carry a pistol?

In short- logic has left the building
Don't overthink it. It's already not very logical that the virtual world would be invading the real world. I just enjoy every episode separately, loosely following the storyline.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
PHWOAR!

Excellent effects, as always, and its probably god mode since if it was from eating mercer their wounds would have closed up

satans_cow

May 3, 2009
LegsyWegsy said:
satans_cow said:
LegsyWegsy said:
I was so hoping for Tom to have his own episode, hes awesome, sorry guys, he just beats you ;D

also phwoar...
you have the most awesome voice ever concieved ever, and you say the best lines and play the best characters, so yeah
You > Them
My throat was killing me after I did all that Dice Lord stuff. Wasn't fun, but I'll let Shanks and Lund know that they suck and I'm better than them.

LegsyWegsy

Jan 31, 2008
satans_cow said:
LegsyWegsy said:
satans_cow said:
LegsyWegsy said:

also phwoar...
You > Them
My throat was killing me after I did all that Dice Lord stuff. Wasn't fun, but I'll let Shanks and Lund know that they suck and I'm better than them.
please do
and tell them to do a CS:S episode, I am surprised they havent yet, what with the Valve fanboy thing

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
P.A. Master said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Obviously, he's an ally and just doesn't realize it yet. You see, friendly fire was turned off. Obviously.
...Holy sh*t, that makes the most sense, if Godmode isn't it. Or it would, if they hadn't been shot out of a cannon, poisoned, and subject to deadly situations multiple times over.

It works for Toad, though. And it's original.
I'm going with Friendly Fire too. Can't wait to see Toad turn that firepower on the very camp Mario!

Manwithahat

May 18, 2009
It's pretty obvious why they haven't been killed.

They are now critical to the plot, and therefore cannot be killed. Only knocked unconscious a la Fallout 3.

P.A. Master

May 8, 2008
Wilbot666 said:
P.A. Master said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Obviously, he's an ally and just doesn't realize it yet. You see, friendly fire was turned off. Obviously.
...Holy sh*t, that makes the most sense, if Godmode isn't it. Or it would, if they hadn't been shot out of a cannon, poisoned, and subject to deadly situations multiple times over.

It works for Toad, though. And it's original.
I'm going with Friendly Fire too. Can't wait to see Toad turn that firepower on the very camp Mario!
Did you even read my post? I was saying it COULDN'T be FF, not that I agree with him.

GunVsHead

Mar 26, 2009
I believe that if u watch episode 19 you notice the sign to the resistance (he even points at it...) is V/I=R (c'mon, simple physics). Also the elevator has an image on it that looks like a body with some sort of shield (dunno whats made out of since it nullfies any damage effect of bullets and fire.) Either way is seems that they have entered the resistance room (lol), so anyone can resist anything. If they would of tried to kill toad they would have fail as well. What I do wonder is what the hell do V and I represent in this scenario. Anyway, I can haz cookie?

Oct 9, 2009
why does everyone pick on TOAD?! BECAUSE THE S.O.B. got captured by Bowsers forces MORE than princes Peach.... and THATS saying something. you free his ass just to be captured within the span of going through the next three levels... and he did this 98 times! EVERY TIME Peache's lands got invaded.

If he's such a veteran then WHY didn't he help the un-military-trained plumber invade bowsers castles.

Oct 9, 2009
you know, after the AWESOMENESS of the dice lord... the writing, special effects, cinematography, etc. I originally was really annoyed at the low quality of this one... however after looking at it again i respect them for doing it. They are basically saying that YES we can make it look pritty but we refuse to take ourselves far to SERIOUSLY, which is EXACTLY why you liked it in the first place.

GunVsHead

Mar 26, 2009
Excellent video, probably the best one so far. Love the dice masters voice, plot and special effects

Spankie

Sep 4, 2008
Some of you people read way too much into this...

** but if I had to choose friendly fire isn't a bad shout

llew

Sep 9, 2009
maybe, they survived because toad is so crap, that despite the awesome headshots, flamethrower, meatcleaver and everything else he cannot kill anyone because of his crappiness? THATS IT! IVE CRACKED THE DOOMSDAY CODE! that last part was for randomness