Doomsday Arcade: Episode 21

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Episode 21

Lund and Shanks see some familiar faces at the headquarters of the resistance.

Watch Video

old account

Jul 11, 2009
Greatest video ever! That was the greatest two minutes of arguing I have ever seen. Love this show so much. Keep coming with the great materials (that's what she said). And where was Ben Croshaw? lol.

TheNamlessGuy

Jan 7, 2009
Wooo crossover episode!
Paul actually freaked me out.
He is a man of great power.

Awesome episode!

Sizzo

Sep 28, 2009
GAAH!! PAUL IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!

Awesome episode:D! I sure didn't expect Unskippable or Cuddles in it(loved when Graham picked his phone and said: Oh it's our other show).

Also, I didin't know that Paul could kill Collssuses........ or Collossi..... Wahtever.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
I enjoyed seeing Graham and Paul in this episode. I wish there was collaboration between the different shows more often.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
It's crossover MADNESS at the escapist with Yahtzee in eNN and now Graham, Paul, and Jon in Doomsday Arcade.

I was expecting for them to make some reference to Brutal Legend, where there are real lazer cats, or rather lazer panthers.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
that was just awesome! =D
I mean with Graham and Paul
and of course the opening
I was sitting here when suddenly I sensed "hm...there hasn't been an episode since two thursdays ago so..."

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
It's crossover MADNESS at the escapist with Yahtzee in eNN and now Graham, Paul, and Jon in Doomsday Arcade.
I quote thou for their employment of truth.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
How is it possible to fit so much awesome in 9 minutes D:

Unskipable, Cuddles, Laser cat! LOVE EEETTTTTTT

Going to go watch it again. I wonder what cross-overs you will throw in the next episode?

Edit: I loved the censorship joke too, good way to poke fun at recent events!

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
This is the most epic crossover, like...ever.

Kudos...
I eagerly await the day Yahtzee shows up.
...please?

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I started wondering if yahtzee would be in this episode as well, you seen to have everyone else.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
That was pretty damn amazing. :D

I loved the gay joke, as childish as it sounds. And that outtake at the end was pretty brilliant. I love how this series jumps between over-the-top humor/action and then onto exposition and an actually interesting story.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
"Sorry, he had to kill three colossi on the way here... colussus's?"
"Hehe, you know what Gary without an R spells, right?"
"STOP IT BEFORE I DROWN YOU BOTH IN A FUCKING SWAMP!!!"

epic quotes aside, does this mean that the series is almost over, since the final battle appears to be drawing near?

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
zenoaugustus said:
I enjoyed seeing Graham and Paul in this episode. I wish there was collaboration between the different shows more often.
that would kill the fun.

when it happens see it as a gift.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
That was awesome XD

But for some reason I didn't notice Cuddles... where was he :?
Laser Cat; when they wouldn't stop scratching him they were yelled at in the voice of Cuddles.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
That was quite late, yet very good. I knew within an instant of the close shot of the paws that laser cat was the true puppet master. Graham and Pauls appearance was inevitable. And yet I can see how yahzee would be a very difficult man to track down. He has a lot on his plate.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
"That's it your fucked!"

That first bit slayed me and seeing Graham and Paul was awesome as well.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
heh, nice awkwardness between the 2 winners, also whats up marios mustache, it looks less...fuller.

overall great episode ^^.

Gbadude3

Aug 29, 2009
After seeing Graham and Paul in this one I totally expected Yahtzee to be the leader of the resistance

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
"That's it your f*cked!!!", seeing the unskippable guys, and lazer cat were the best bits of this whole episode! :D

kid-avenger

Apr 16, 2009
A great episode yet again!

Shanks, your faces will never stop making me laugh!

Keep up the good work!

Heh, IRLIP's now that is hiliarious!

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Great cameos on this one. I wouldn't be suprised if Yahtzee popped in sometime in the future. Also, I might've underestimated Paul's abilities. Now, I'm scared shitless of him.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
So I was kinda right about God mode... Great Crossover. It also suprise me that Paul managed to scare me...

EDIT: Gary makes me remember Boris in Goldeneye...

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Great episode, and I'm glad to see Paul is fully capable of taking on Colossus's as I predicted.

Also, anyone else notice Cooking Mama in the kitchen!?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Apart from my awesome cameo as Laser Cat's sadistic alter ego I really enjoyed some of the camera trickery going on in this episode. The elevator shot in particular was pretty damn well executed. Graham and Paul were funny as shit. Good work as always. :)

-Jon

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
johnman said:
I started wondering if yahtzee would be in this episode as well, you seen to have everyone else.
I would imagine he's in hiding from everyone but the Pyschonauts NPCs and the Painkiller ones. The rest have a score to settle with the man I reckon.

leonhart126

Jul 16, 2009
hilarious episode, loved the keyboard cat reference the most you just dont get better than keyboard cat :eek:

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Da ta ta da datatadata... we just got played off by Keyboard Cat!

Interesting episode.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Also...Paul.... OR DR FREEMAN? See, the human resistance has been infitated by Gordon Freeman and Cooking Mama (see the kitchen). EDIT: Note the crowbar in Pauls hands!

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
I think the resistance has been infiltrated with Cooking Mama and Gordan Freeman as Paul. Note how he 1. Looks like him 2. Has a crow bar 3. Didn't talk at all. I think we all see where this could be going...

Jan 23, 2009
Cool episode, the guests were awesome- How'd you guys convince they other zp guys to do stuff for you? A nicely written letter?

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
rokkolpo said:
zenoaugustus said:
that would kill the fun.

when it happens see it as a gift.
It wouldn't kill the fun for me, and webshows aren't gifts. They are entertainment. Do you think Christopher Nolan made "The Dark Knight" as a gift to fans? (Just a random example of something in the entertainment industry, obviously it isn't a webshow.)

I would enjoy a little more collaboration, but you are right, the scarcer it occurs, the funnier and more appreciated it tends to be,

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
I cried tears of joy.

Also, nice dig at the ratings board, if that's what it was.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Doug said:
Also...Paul.... OR DR FREEMAN? See, the human resistance has been infitated by Gordon Freeman and Cooking Mama (see the kitchen). EDIT: Note the crowbar in Pauls hands!
You, sir, may be on to something.

Anyhow, the Lazer/keyboard/kazoo/Cuddles reference was pretty damn amusing. Also, I did enjoy the banter between Graham and yous guys. Very amusing, but I'm left wondering... did all the escapist video contributors just meet at GameX and go "Wanna be in my show?"

Not that that's a bad thing, but I got that feeling during the Yahtzee cameo in ENN.

I think the mod thing was a clever idea.

Anyway, keep up the good work, guys.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Great episode! Special kudos to Graham and Paul for agreeing to appear in it. Since they also did a crossover with Yahtzee, we definitely need to have some kind of pan-Escapist crossover at some point.
Sizzo said:
Also, I didin't know that Paul could kill Collssuses........ or Collossi..... Wahtever.
Paul can kill anything.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Best. Episode. EVER.

Seriously guys, you've gone from strength to strength. But now you managed to fit Lazer Cat (with some sort of schizophrenic Cuddles personality), the guys from Unskippable and valuble exposition. Loved the banter between Graham and Shanks!

Seriously, my favourite episode to date.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Excellent episode, easily the strongest one so far. The fanboy part of me is definitely hoping for Ben Croshaw in the final battle now...

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
OH CRAP!!! I've put it all together!

Yahtzee is the final boss lol

But seriously, that would be epic, he wants the NPCs to kill all of the horrible video game designers which is why they are taking over

(I almost regret posting this, as now it will never happen lol)

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Doug said:
Great episode, and I'm glad to see Paul is fully capable of taking on Colossus's as I predicted.

Yes.
OT: Was that a reference to the Splinter Cell trailer, or whatever had that piano cat in it?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
The Escapist is really doing some serious series mix-ups these days lol, I love it! keep it comming, good stuff XD

I thought keyboard cat was the head of the resistance for a moment there... oh wells!

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
"Sorry, hanging a what?"

"Boy? How old are you 19?" "18."

"I'll leave you to get blazed and mumble over someone else's videos."

My god, that was fantastic. This show is really starting to push the fourth wall. It worked for Deadpool though, so why not?

Oh, and lazer cat. Nice.
Doug said:
Yeah, she was wearing glasses so you couldn't see her seriously freaky eyes.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
Sizzo said:
GAAH!! PAUL IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!

Awesome episode:D! I sure didn't expect Unskippable or Cuddles in it(loved when Graham picked his phone and said: Oh it's our other show).

He had a crowbar, what COULDN'T he kill?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Seeing Graham and Paul in there was great - the rivalry was hilarious. And "Paul had to kill three colossi on the way over here" seriously cracked me up.

Fingers crossed for a Yahtzee cameo in a future episode.

Folsense

Oct 26, 2009
Nice job, great to see Graham and Paul in another crossover, very witty guys (Paul is a scary dude, I nearly shat bricks). The story is really coming together, it's going to be an epic ending, though I'd hate to see that day come.

I noticed that you're really stretching as far as actors go, but the versatility is quite good. Can't wait for the next episode!

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
"The NPCs were created by Man. They rebelled. They evolved. They look and feel human. Some are programmed to think they are human. There are many copies. And they have a plan."

May I be the first to posit that many who are officially related to the Escapist and other gaming media(aside from the Michaels) are secretly NPCs and just not know it? Just look at Susan Arnnet, She looks like Vanessa from P.N.03!

EGADS! what if Yahtzee is the main boss from Polybus or our Gary here is a copy of Valve's Gary!

And where did Bruce come from? Most likely from the Monty Pythons skit, but what if his real name is Saxton?!!?! OMG THIS ASPLODES MA' MIND!

/fun

Oh yeah, Mama has rocking hair. Some one tell her that.

Feb 13, 2008
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Artemis part 2.

And ...Gary? Why, oh why didn't I think of Gary?

Oh and kudos to Apocalypse Lane/ENN cameos.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
At the risk of sounding out of touch, what has Cuddles been in before? I don't recall ever seeing a Cuddles... still, LASER CAT.

Edit: Oh right, Apocolypse Lane. Oddly enough the only show on the Escapist I'm not fond of.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Excellent episode, love the cameos

"i'll leave you to get blazed and mumbling over someone else's videos" hehehe :p

The Random One

May 29, 2008
*applauds* The levels of awesomeness in this series remain on the rise, sirs.

Also, I can't believe that only now I noticed in the intro Mario is subtitled as 'President Segali'. Good one.

Stabby McRunfast

Oct 23, 2009
When I saw Lazer Cat's paws first playing the piano I literally screamed "YES!" I was wondering when we'd see him again, and making him the leader of the resistance was a stroke of genius.

And how did they let Cooking Mama get by?

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
The Michael Atkinson bit was brilliant. Same with the Unskippable/ENN crew. The other shows need to make appearances more often.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
oh god! paul is going to kill me!

that bit literally made me fall out of my chair laughing

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Doug said:
johnman said:
I would imagine he's in hiding from everyone but the Pyschonauts NPCs and the Painkiller ones. The rest have a score to settle with the man I reckon.
Mostly the JRPG ones, I figure either that or those imp's from his reviews had killed him.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:
Oh right, Apocolypse Lane. Oddly enough the only show on the Escapist I'm not fond of.
You're not alone there, I don't know how it's still going... it's like a bad Adult Swim show or something...

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Cyrax023 said:
i love this show's ability to poke fun at itself.
Yea, some of their earlier ones weren't great or didn't follow the story.

At least they are willing to admit it, use it as material for these newer episodes, and looks like they are learning from those mistakes and making it better and better.

I hope this series never dies, unlike There Will Be Brawl, which is sadly coming to an end soon

Generator

May 8, 2009
The part with Graham and Paul cracked me up. Crossover episodes are amazing.

I also like how this show has lately been showing a very good balance between humor and story. And Shanks really is a great editor.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
oppp7 said:
Why does everyone hate Michael Atkinson?
He's the one person in a country of 22million (approx) that has the power to stop australian gamers getting an R18 classifaction. meaning we get Crazy weak knock of's for games , most recently L4D2. just because of misguided views and horrible inconsistancy.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
oppp7 said:
That better be used as a joke.

It is because he is currently pushing his own misguided ideals on everyone else. Since he has the power, it has show significant impact. Those ideals are that he is protecting the children of Australia by preventing R18 games from being allowed into the country through the lack of a R18 Rating. Watch some of his interviews on the AU ABC and you will see why.

Also, great episode. Made me crack up at many parts... Espcially the Atkinson part.
'AU Attorney General Michael Atkinson? Thats it! You're Fucked!' Fantastic.

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
Loved the episodes, I couldn't stop laughing when they started arguing at the beginning. Paul was freaking scary as hell, just complete silence, then a death threat...*Note to self: Don't piss of people capable of killing Collosi..Collossus's?*

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Random argument man said:
So I was kinda right about God mode... Great Crossover. It also suprise me that Paul managed to scare me...

EDIT: Gary makes me remember Boris in Goldeneye...
Same on both of those last accounts. All that was left out was a saying of "I am invincible!". Paul didn't really seem that imposing on that GameX interview, so that was surprising. Maybe it was the crowbar.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Wolf Devastator said:
ZombieGenesis said:
Oh right, Apocolypse Lane. Oddly enough the only show on the Escapist I'm not fond of.
You're not alone there, I don't know how it's still going... it's like a bad Adult Swim show or something...
Yeah. I should have put more Fallout jokes in it. :p

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
This episode is going down as one of my favorites. The Graham and Paul thing was awesome, but to throw in the thing from apocalypse lane was a bit excessive. You should have made yahtzee the leader of the resistance. That would've been cool.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
Yahtzee should have been the leader of the resistance. But I think the guy in episode 9 represented him.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
johnman said:
yeah, Yahtzee might actually be able to film with them directly, considering they're both working in Australia
but yup, great stuff
plus the Michael Atkinson bit, great intro

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Wolf Devastator said:
ZombieGenesis said:
It's got to feel awkward to insult a show and then be quoted by the creator. BTW your first few episodes were a little bit weak, but they set the scene for the latest ones which I like a lot. Your show is good. More fallout jokes would be great btw.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
That cat went totally Cuddles on them! Awesome show guys! No matter what Grahan says!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Loving the crossover stuff, really great work guys :) And I finally understand what's going on with Polybius, sort of, definitely looking forward to seeing how it plays out for the Resistance now :D

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
NO!! PAUL!! IM NOT WATCHING ANOTHER SHOW, DON'T KILL ME!!!! NOOOOOZ!

I loved this episode. I mean cross-over AND the return of laser cat (and Cooking Mama?!), Pure awesome! i wonder if Graham and Paul will be fighting with Lund and Shanks in the up coming fighting. Gary was beast.

If Yahtzee crossovers on this *head explodes*

Keep up the good work doods!

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
I loved the Micheal Atkinson gag, at first I thought "they're not going to tell us why they have invincibility, what a jiff" then, "where have I heard Micheal Atkinson before" then I started laughing A LOT. Also graham and Paul were a nice additions, I wonder if there will be brawl will be getting crossovers, hmm.

Poor Gary, if only they could get people to work in shifts.

You guys are from Australia right, just wondering because I sure hope Graham wasn't insulting American comedy. *Summons George Carlin*

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:
At the risk of sounding out of touch, what has Cuddles been in before? I don't recall ever seeing a Cuddles... still, LASER CAT.

Edit: Oh right, Apocolypse Lane. Oddly enough the only show on the Escapist I'm not fond of.
Err no, Lasercat is a homebrew game one of the michaels made, it showed up in the episode where they have to deal with Link.

crape

Oct 12, 2009
lol again THE sole reason i got into this site was for doomsday! Keep it up! only a few more.. 26 you believe :/ -sigh- you guys are great! all your personalities flowing into this series makes it great! congrats to the whole cast you guys all probably work hard to get a new one every other thursday! oh, and by the way my favorites are Lund, Shanks, and the guy who plays toad! <3 <3.... although going throughout the series in progression shanks lost his braces, those were cute on ya! oh btw congrats Shanks :) you beat the deadline, even though you find yourself in that predicament every time it's probably satisfying to know that you made thousands of people happy with your video being out today.. oh and certainly a relief! keep going, you're almost done! CHEERS MATE!

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
oppp7 said:
Australia has no R18 rating so any game that comes out there must be suitable for a 15+ rating which has caused MANY games to be partly censored over there to fit that rating including GTA IV, Fallout 3 and recently Left 4 Dead 2. For Australia to get an R18 rating all the attorney generals need to agree on it. Atkinson is the only one saying no despite popular opinion and is stalling even an official discussion of it. Also the excuses and rhetoric he spits out in defense of no R18 are just horrible.

Zosephine

Dec 4, 2008
This episode was FAN-freakin-TASTIC. I could rattle off the reasons, but I think everyone else has that covered. >_>

I declare this week a successful Crossover Week! *pounds gavel* See ya same time next year, folks!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Brilliant...

The first scene with the censoring joke...

Brilliant...

Mar 16, 2009
Cameos are always cheesy, and this one seemed forced, but it got some laughs and it's nice to see some healthy competition between the Escapist Film Festival winners.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Best episode ever. Just when I thought it couldn't get an better.. the return of lazer cat! So many laughs and so much win, very very good job, you deserve to hit the double digits, grats.

satans_cow

May 3, 2009
Doug said:

MY kitchen.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I love how two of the most popular videos on this site come from Australia. Great job guys. If I ever see one or both of you on the street somewhere around here, expect to sign autographs.

Hooray for political messages! I wonder if Michael Atkinson actually looks at sites about videogames. It would be fantastic if he watched Doomsday Arcade.

escapist_wolfand

Oct 19, 2009
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
Yahtzee should have been the leader of the resistance. But I think the guy in episode 9 represented him.
what guy

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Crossovers from LoadingReadyRun and Apocalypse Lane?

This show just gets better and better, but I'm missing the theme of doing a diffrent type of game each ep. Not that I'm not enjoying the slight change, its diffrent not bad.

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Andronicus said:
I love how two of the most popular videos on this site come from Australia. Great job guys. If I ever see one or both of you on the street somewhere around here, expect to sign autographs.

Hooray for political messages! I wonder if Michael Atkinson actually looks at sites about videogames. It would be fantastic if he watched Doomsday Arcade.
Uh the guys from Unskippable (and ENN) are from Canada.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Father Time said:
Andronicus said:

Uh the guys from Unskippable (and ENN) are from Canada.
I said "videos on this site", not "people on this video". I was referring to this and Zero Punctuation. Granted Yahtzee is British, but still, the fact he lives in Australia has got to count for something.

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Doug said:

Yeah, The Michaels probably should have said something.

I actually laughed out loud a couple times; rather than merely thinking the show was awesome. I wouldn't dis on the story writing personally I always thought it was quite clever. Except for the way you guys didn't make the wizards install wizrds.

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
Owww Laser Cat is so adorable!
Awesome crossovers, and an awesome episode altogether.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Wolf Devastator said:
ZombieGenesis said:
I suppose it's just not my sort of comedy. I still can't wrap my head around why people like "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!", my eyes bleed watching it lol

Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2009
"However, in the end: they failed, and the world was destroyed. The Michaels was killed, the Resistance was nihilated, and the cat ran of to get a bucket of colour over himself and get his leg cut of by accident."

Tantalus3D

Nov 5, 2008
I think a cameo that would fit perfect to this show would be the Angry Video Game Nerd. I know he's not from the escapist, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
coldshadow said:
IS THAT THINGSONMYHEAD?

http://www.youtube.com/user/thingsonmyhead#p/u
it may be the sleep deprivation but that thing freaked me out, its just Paul Sanders sitting in complete silence for one minute whit things on his head.

EDIT: i cant stress enough how freaky this is, i dont think i will ever get any sleep, he just sits there, silent, motionless whit things on his head, its so scary and unnatural.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
That was utter genius!

At the point of "Character Montage Pending" I thought to myself, "man this is even better than lazercat!"... and then LAZERCAT! rarr!!

That Garry is an A grade asshole though.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
rReally nice episode, I was really looking forward to it and I wasn't disappointed at all.

I'm kind of sad since I realized that this series won't last forever and that it must end one day. That's just too bad, but I'm sure that the last episode would be great. Because every doomsday arcade episode is a masterpiece.

The story, the music, the acting, the humor, the effects and the fact that the story moves forward, and that all the parts of the story are connected are what that makes it perfect.

I'm so looking forward to next week

Mr. Shoggoth

Jul 29, 2009
The Unskippable crossover was epic. Also, LAZOR KEYBOARD CAT.
I was kinda waiting for Yahtzee to show up, too, but I guess you can fit only so much epicness into 9 minutes.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
yaaaaaaaaaay! pointless cameos!

yeah, it was a good episode, but mainly seemed to serve as exsposition.

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
great episode guys, graham and paul was a brillent touch, and cuddles was also pretty funny.
kudos for that, now all you need is yahtzee to appear.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Wolf Devastator said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Wolf Devastator said:
ZombieGenesis said:
I suppose it's just not my sort of comedy. I still can't wrap my head around why people like "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!", my eyes bleed watching it lol
Well I'm with you on the Tim and Eric show. I don't get it either. And I watch a lot of Adult Swim but that one and the Renegade Angel one are a bit too much for me. LOL

I agree that the first few ALs were a bit off-putting. I mean we tried to introduce about 6 characters in 5 minutes so we definitely learned our lesson there. And also we don't have the luxury of poking fun at games or pop culture as much so there's no immediate connection.

But I think if you'd give AL a bit more of a chance you might like it. Tim and Eric is nothing but random nonsense. AL is seemingly random at first, but then in the later episodes we tie in to earlier episodes revealing plot twist, conspiracies and more. So give it a shot. If you can't get into it after 10 or so episodes then I'll concede but c'mon. You can't judge a web series based on an episode or two.

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
swaki said:
heh, nice awkwardness between the 2 winners, also whats up marios mustache, it looks less...fuller.

overall great episode ^^.
Mario's Mustache has changed at least twice that I've picked up so far

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
"Sorry, he had to kill three colossi on the way here... colussus's?"
"Hehe, you know what Gary without an R spells, right?"
"STOP IT BEFORE I DROWN YOU BOTH IN A FUCKING SWAMP!!!"

epic quotes aside, does this mean that the series is almost over, since the final battle appears to be drawing near?
lolz agreed XD

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I really liked the bit with Graham and Paul but I'm not quite sure why Laser Cat sounds like Cuddles, seemed like a bit of a forced crossover there. Who was the resistance guy? Is he from a game?

I always wondered why there were two "r"s in "Garry's mod" but now I know it's because if you take an "r" out of "Gary" then you get "gay".

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Awseome episode. Some great crossover work while still managing to advance the story and get some game/gaming references in there especially the censored bit

Great way to start my Friday!

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
The Graham and Paul bit was very funny, especially with the Colossi.

And not only was Laser Cat the leader of the resistance, but he knew how to play a keyboard! I couldn't stop laughing and dancing.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
I was expecting Yahtzee at the end, but John was awesome.

Nice bit of meta-humor there with Unskippable, seems to have gotten people talking.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
It's hard to get cameos better than this (Zombieland though is a close contender). It seems like a lot of the escapist shows like doing this, and I can say I disapprove. Great job on this series.

Meatman

Oct 28, 2009
LOL, loves Paul and Graham's appearance, absolutely adore this show. Keep up the great work Michael!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Yay!! Graham and Paul!! That was a brilliant argument!

Yay!! Lazer Cat!!

Doug said:
Yea, seems the the resistance have been infiltrated

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
I just got a crazy idea:

What if Yahtzee is, say...The Man Upstairs?

Jersalyn

Mar 30, 2009
Guys from Unskip seem to pop up everywhere. I appear to have a clone of Gary names Derek for a friend too; odd. Good episode.

standokan

May 28, 2009
I love the loadingreadyrunning crossover (paul killed three collossi..collossussuss, oh who's calling, its our second show, i heard you reached 2 digit) and the return of lasercat, my lil' bro loved lasercat playing piano (we have the same kind cat (which is btw a ButlerCat))

edit: just found out, its Colossi

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
and nice about a boot joke there
you Aussies are so funny!
was not expecting Paul and Graham to be part of the resistance

and a fantastic episode!

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
So we got Graham and Paul... What's next, Yahtzee and his imps....

(Pauses for fanboy moment)

Great episode guys. Loved it...

orangebandguy

Jan 9, 2009
The Unskippable guys, Cuddles the cat from AL, and Laser cat returning. Brilliant, I loved laser cat in the episode where he killed Link and Navi.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
HT_Black said:
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
I just got a crazy idea:

I doubt it, the man upstairs should be a videogame character.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
escapist_wolfand said:
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
what guy
verbose man

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:
williebaz said:
HT_Black said:

Kudos...
...please?
I just got a crazy idea:

I doubt it, the man upstairs should be a videogame character.
A guy can dream.

Aug 9, 2009
At 4:20 in the morning I have no clue who all those people were, but I think that made it even beter. I don't even know why I am still awake... But that was an epic reason to be awake for 10 minutes more.

[Edit] Did I just say epic reason? What the hell... gonna sleep now.

Megido

Aug 24, 2008
Bruce is my new, favorite character. "That's it... YOU'RE FUCKED!". I don't know why, but the delivery of that line kills me every time I hear it.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
lol Loved it, specially with the guest appearances

i'm trying to imagine what sort of character Yahtzee would play if he guested on the show, but i honestly have no idea what sort of part he would play.
i mean, with Graham, Paul, and jon, this sort of thing is right up there ally. but yahtzee, i find it difficult to invision him guesting on this show. (tho this fact could very well make it even more awesome if he does come on the show, cus we will have no idea what to expect from him

AvsJoe

May 28, 2009
When I read
Lund and Shanks see some familiar faces at the headquarters of the resistance.
I was expecting a turned NPC or the dice lord again. This, however, was unexpected and f*cking AWESOME! Lazer Cat is even more awesome now that he becomes Cuddles when angry! And how in the hell did those bloody Canadians Graham and Stark get there, eh?

What a fantastic episode. I am reeeally looking forward to the coming episodes.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Modified Godmode.

I last saw you in Fable 2.Its good to see you again.

Anyway,great episode.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Ahh, got to love keyboard cat.

Also, I have to wonder if the way Gary kept clicking that pen is a reference to Boris from Goldeneye. Probably not.

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
that's awesome, I'm have expecting paul and mike to show up on the escapist show now.

Timtimfed

Oct 2, 2008
Paul is a frightening individual...

Great episode.

Huzzah for the return of Laser Cat

EDIT: Any chance we'll see a download link for the Epic Keyboard Cat Song?

adrenalin1025

Nov 21, 2008
crape said:
lol again THE sole reason i got into this site was for doomsday! Keep it up! only a few more.. 26 you believe :/ -sigh- you guys are great! all your personalities flowing into this series makes it great! congrats to the whole cast you guys all probably work hard to get a new one every other thursday! oh, and by the way my favorites are Lund, Shanks, and the guy who plays toad! <3 <3.... although going throughout the series in progression shanks lost his braces, those were cute on ya! oh btw congrats Shanks :) you beat the deadline, even though you find yourself in that predicament every time it's probably satisfying to know that you made thousands of people happy with your video being out today.. oh and certainly a relief! keep going, you're almost done! CHEERS MATE!
Epic fan
satans_cow said:
Doug said:

MY kitchen.
get back to work and make me another tandoori chicken roll

King_Pickles

Jun 5, 2009
ClifJayShafer said:
Greatest video ever! That was the greatest two minutes of arguing I have ever seen. Love this show so much. Keep coming with the great materials (that's what she said). And where was Ben Croshaw? lol.
thats what I saaid I thought they would use every member of the escapist for the resistqnce but im very they ysed uskippable

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Ha, knew it was God mode -takes a cookie-
OT:Glad to see Unskippable in that episode, keep up the good work guys.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Paul is a very scary man.

SAULFENKY2047

Aug 7, 2008
i think yall should make a lazer cat game so we can play...and so when this happens he can run the fight with the npc's

C.O.C

Aug 5, 2009
Thats one hell of a good explanation for why they couldn't die im seriously impressed by your genius dudes me and all my mates were wondering how toad couldn't kill them we mostly just put it down to toad sucking that much but that was waaaaaaay better keep up the work dudes unlike those unforgotten realm dudes I miss them tbh but I've still got you guys and the unskippable dudes though im slightly intimidated by paul now you should put all the eps on to a dvd when your done and sell them although thats probably not an original idea well keep going dudes

myogaman

Dec 11, 2008
Congrats on having so many guest appearances. I love your humor and your show since day one. This is a grand opportunity for getting your names out there and creating a good foundation for blah blah blah. Seriously though...don't fuck this up...you guys are too awesome for that.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Zombie_Fish said:
Laser Cat; when they wouldn't stop scratching him they were yelled at in the voice of Cuddles.
I was beginning to think I was the only one that recognized him :p
But yeah, great episode, even though I don't really feel that the cross-over stuff was very necessary it still was hilarious.

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
Nice episode, really nice. I watched it more than once.

I have only one annoying nit picking to make (I must say it, I'm sorry):

The strongest human resistant leader is a NPC cat with laser eyes, did he like... I don't know, start the resistant? Did the humans say: "let's put all of our hope in a cat that can shot laser from its eyes, which is undoubtedly an NPC... you know the people we are resisting against" ? Seems extremely weird.

I know you could say that laser cat is fighting for the humans, but the humans are more likely to attack him rather than trust him because? you know... they're human, and they aren't likely to trust something that can burn them to death by looking at them, of course not to let him be the leader of the last hope they have to survive.

i still loved the episode, I was surprised to see laser cat, Gram and Paul, and I was expecting to see Yatzhee as well.

i just love the Doomsday arcade videos, even though sometimes there are minor problems, but nothing is perfect.

Doomsday arcade is just awesome and great, and I still feal sorry that it's about to end

satans_cow

May 3, 2009
adrenalin1025 said:
crape said:
Epic fan
satans_cow said:
Doug said:

MY kitchen.
get back to work and make me another tandoori chicken roll
Blow me douche bag, you can bring me some more White Rabbits.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
MacRon said:
Whats the song/music name what laser cat plays?
It references Keyboard Cat (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/keyboard-cat), that link should tell you somewhere there but Im afraid I cant remember the name of it.

EDIT: Also, this series keeps getting better and better, its developed so much since its beginnings! Its almost a shame knowing the end is soon! :(

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Fasckira said:
MacRon said:
Whats the song/music name what laser cat plays?
It references Keyboard Cat (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/keyboard-cat), that link should tell you somewhere there but Im afraid I cant remember the name of it.

EDIT: Also, this series keeps getting better and better, its developed so much since its beginnings! Its almost a shame knowing the end is soon! :(
It could go on for like 2 more years.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Paul looks like such a fucking bad ass. haha
"What's that? oh It's our second show."
So freaking funny!
Man they were moded? I thought Taod was just a pussy incapable of doing the simplest task...

snakevin

Apr 14, 2009
So wait, the person modding them is Gary? Would that make them Gary's Mod?

puffermuffin

Jan 16, 2010
lolz that's awesome that they used Cuddles' voice from Apocalypse lane for Lazor Cat. genius. love this show too much.

deadagain33

Jun 11, 2009
I liked the meeting of graham and paul in this video, also all the funny jokes and references make this series rule

mooreman0

Apr 13, 2010
hey, did you edit this? last seven or eight times I saw it I am 100% sure it was different!