Doomsday Arcade: Episode 22 Preview

J0k3

Aug 29, 2009
Bioshock, oh hells yeah... I don't care if it takes long, as long as the episode is quality. I mean just look at Hellsing(OVA). It takes three to six month to make each episode, but each one is a gem in its own right.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Slightly disappointed by the lack of episode this week, but having seen that preview, it looks like it's gonna be worth the wait. =)

Beero

Oct 17, 2009
Can't wait! Wanna see little sister! wanna see the drill! want adam!

wait....so shanks and the other guy can shoot lighting next episode? and freeze everything?

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
So THIS is what has been taking their time up... It looks incredible.
Take as long as you like guys, I respect the valve approach of time sacrificed for quality.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
swaki said:
looks awesome, but 6 weeks for one episode, and was that cooking mama as a splinter at the end?.
More like killing the resistance.

Well, if we're gonna guess things...

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Dear god, this episode better be damn good, because this is just getting ridiculous...
This kind of thing always makes me laugh. What, exactly, is getting ridiculous? Having to wait a bit longer for a free video on the internet? One which you clearly enjoy, because otherwise you wouldn't care if it was taking longer then usual? Because a couple guys with actual lives outside your closed-off internet bubble are having a tough time bringing out their own art to your demanding time line?

Grow up or do better. it's not your place to *****

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Liquid Paradox said:
Captain Pancake said:
Dear god, this episode better be damn good, because this is just getting ridiculous...
This kind of thing always makes me laugh. What, exactly, is getting ridiculous? Having to wait a bit longer for a free video on the internet? One which you clearly enjoy, because otherwise you wouldn't care if it was taking longer then usual? Because a couple guys with actual lives outside your closed-off internet bubble are having a tough time bringing out their own art to your demanding time line?

Grow up or do better. it's not your place to *****
I'm hardly bitching. I'm just saying that it's taking an absurd amount of time to make this video, when most times it only takes a couple of weeks. and much as it's not my place to *****, it's not your place to undermine me as a person. Yes I enjoy this series, and yes I was looking forward to perhaps seeing some doomsday arcade this week. It hardly makes me a closed-off internet crawler. So pick your words more tactfully next time.

But come to think of it, what I find more absurd is how I allow petty little insults like yours on this forum affect me so badly. I've had about 7, 8 posts similar to your own that really got to me on the inside. Why? This is, after all, a forum. Yet not once have I attacked back with the same intensity, perhaps this is marking me out as a target. I guess I'll never know, and I'll just have to toughen up in future.

CMon

Jun 18, 2009
Well, by the looks of it, the next one has some big-scale editing done to it.

It'll be worth the wait, for sure.

Captain Pancake said:
I'm hardly bitching. I'm just saying that it's taking an absurd amount of time to make this video, when most times it only takes a couple of weeks.
They already showed off more special effects in this one minute preview than in any previous episodes. I could understand how an episode with twice the editing would take a while longer to make.

That said, I'd rather have them take their time and do some proper polish instead of following a panicky schedule and release half-good content.