Doomsday Arcade: Episode 23

Tommy_Dizzle

Apr 7, 2008
"how did they get permission to do that yahtzee pun?"
"dude, that IS yahtzee"
"why isnt he wearing a hat?"
I almost feel sorry for Ben. Without his trademark my friends will forever be dumb.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
I did not really get this episode the first time I saw it.
Now that I have played Half-Life 2 however, I think this one is brilliant. The sound for it was excellent, especially the Combine radio noises and the gun fire. Though, I never knew Freeman didn't like Alyx.

I also like the small Zero Punctuation plug with Yahtzee and Russ. Great episode.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
ghostrider409895 said:
I did not really get this episode the first time I saw it.
Now that I have played Half-Life 2 however, I think this one is brilliant. The sound for it was excellent, especially the Combine radio noises and the gun fire. Though, I never knew Freeman didn't like Alyx.

I also like the small Zero Punctuation plug from Russ. Great episode.
Did you notice that it was Yahtzee himself who dropped the papers on Yuri's (Russ) desk?

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Did you notice that it was Yahtzee himself who dropped the papers on Yuri's (Russ) desk?
Yeah. Not at first though. It actually was not until I went on and rewatched it tonight after playing Half Life 2 did I notice. I was actually waiting the entire season to see Yahtzee after I saw Gram and Paul, and now that I cared to pay a bit more attention I actually saw him. I thought it was really cool that they were able to bring in Yahtzee.

These guys, Shanks and Lund, really put a lot of funny jokes and small details into their episodes if you pay close enough attention. I finished watching the series a while ago, but now that I have had a PS3 and played some of the games they made episodes about, I think I may rewatch some to see if I can get or pick up on some things I didn't get before. Like this episode, I thought was boring, but now that I know Half Life I think it is one of their best.