Doomsday Arcade: Episode 23

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
They say you should never meet your heros.

I loved the Thomas The Tank Engine joke by the way.

Gongon

Sep 8, 2009
I don't care how long you take with the next episode. Keep this up! Do whatever you have to, but keep up the epic!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
iamq said:
Yahtzee had a cameo? When was that? Anyone mind telling me?
Well, dat report did haf almost no punksuasian.
You ruined that with the comma, the capital letter and the full stop.

No, why should I say the problems in the right order? :D

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
That was incredible. I love Doomsday Arcade!

The cameos were great too; Russ' "Tiberium!" was brilliant. Loved the Half-Life theme too, it was fantastic, despite me half hoping Gordon Freeman would become an ally.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
SOMEBODY CALL THE DICTIONARY

WE'VE GOT A NEW DEFINITION OF "EPIC"

I remember seeing the pilot to this AGES ago in the Film Festival, but it never occured to me that Doomsday Arcade had anything to do with it, so I ignored it.

Watched this episode, then I watched ALL 23 back to back yesterday

This

Is

AWESOME

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
O MY GWAD!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I just at a loss of words, it was just WOW. And its just getting better

olcohalic

Jan 8, 2010
so could someone tell me the time on the video when yahtzee appears? I'd appreciate that, because i couldn't spot him.

This was great, however some of the speech was too rushed and some parts were confusing. But it was only a small amount. Great performence guys!

AndyVale

Mar 18, 2009
olcohalic said:
so could someone tell me the time on the video when yahtzee appears? I'd appreciate that, because i couldn't spot him.

This was great, however some of the speech was too rushed and some parts were confusing. But it was only a small amount. Great performence guys!
With Russ. He hands him the report, says nothing and rolls his eyes when the report is given back to him. No hat, it's practically a disguise.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
"It is as if there is ... no punctuation."

"Lactose!" *showers in milk*

"...*sign language*..."

Best episode so far, by far.

Angie.

Aug 9, 2009
I fucking love the puns in this show.

I quite enjoyed how they argued about the title of Half Life 2.

The effects are getting better and better!

KeiraZodiac

Mar 25, 2009
I think this show might be the pinnacle of internet entertainment, a series made by fanboys for fanboys.

You should really make a feature, the action in this show is so damned good, handheld to make it intense, but you can actually see what's happening, and the combine-headshot to reveal Michael lying cool-like through the soldiers skull, I had a cinematography-gasm.

The quality of this show just gets better and better every week, it's absolutely amazing what you guys achieve on what I assume is a shoe-string budget.

I do sometimes get a bit lost in the overall plot, but this might be because I'm more of a sci-fi nerd then a specific gaming nerd - maybe doing a short recap at the start of the episodes, to help people who aren't use to Lost-ian/Battlestar Galactica-esque "remember everything or you will be so darned lost in the plot!!!".
Saying that I still have an absolutely wicked time with these, I re-watched this Episode 3 times in a row because it was just that awesome.

If I'm ever in Australia you have a willing extra/hold camera monkey ready and willing right here :-D

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Ummm, any reason why I got a badge called "Game Over" for watching all 26 episodes of Doomsday Arcade?? That's a little scary that it would be called Game Over and be given out for such an odd number, the series isn't ending is it?! :(

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
It was good, but I don't think it was their best episode. It felt very disjointed and not very well paced. Sorry guys, but I'm still looking forward to the next episode!

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
NO, JUST A BIT.

<3 I find every character extremely delightful. Not sure if I had the attention span for a 13-minute episode, though; I'm still not sure I understand what's going on. Something about an ultimate weapon, but I didn't realize that until the end of the episode. I think I liked getting 5-minute episodes every two weeks better than getting 10-minute episodes every month, personally.

ScruffyTheJanitor

Jul 17, 2009
Badidgerizooka...... sigh

Shame we never got to see laser cat take down a number of combine as that would look AWESOME! but alas. Great episode guys. I really am looking forward each next episode as they all tend to be more epic than the last

happyschnapps

Dec 16, 2009
That was awesome! Well worth the wait.

I'm waiting for Bruce to say "Fair shake of the sauce bottle mate!"