Doomsday Arcade: Episode 24

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Miss Kass said:
Also I am intrigued as to what was on the poos on my face list, mainly because I want to see a list of who died, but also because I'm sure it's full of stupid jokes because Shanks got bored writing it.
Looks like the latter, these were the clearest screens I could find of what's on the list:

I think I see "And his Squished face" on the bottom right, funny considering what he does to Toad :)

Mr Chips
And then this
But more
Of This
And That
Making
Mortified g--mbler (grumbler/gambler?)
There once was a man
Called Michael f---igan, he
Grew whiskers
This ---- ---- up
And ---- ---- -- again,
---- --- Michael....

sonicmaster1989

Dec 6, 2008
Keep up the amazing work! You've hit everything and more with this series, and I sure as hell hope you make more stuff.

Samuel Adams

Apr 16, 2009
Being a HUGE cat lover myself, I was very sad and horrified of the ending. That was too realistic for me. I HATE seeing animals die. Poor laser cat. :(

Miss Kass

Dec 2, 2008
Wolf Devastator said:
Mr Chips
And then this
But more
Of This
And That
Making
Mortified g--mbler (grumbler/gambler?)
There once was a man
Called Michael f---igan, he
Grew whiskers
This ---- ---- up
And ---- ---- -- again,
---- --- Michael....
Ahh, the poem down the bottom is probably something along the lines of the kid's poem:

There was an old man called Michael Finnigan,
He grew whiskers on his chinigin.
The wind blew up and blew them in again,
Poor old Michael Finnigan ? Begin again.

Thanks. <33

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Miss Kass said:
Ahh, the poem down the bottom is probably something along the lines of the kid's poem:

There was an old man called Michael Finnigan,
He grew whiskers on his chinigin.
The wind blew up and blew them in again,
Poor old Michael Finnigan ? Begin again.

Thanks. <33
lol, that's funny. I figured he got it from some rhyme or something

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Stabby McRunfast said:
Aw. That ending was unexpected. I'm sad now. Anywhoo, I loved the montage of general murders, especially the Morimoto stabbing. Genius!

Also the puns were so bad that it was hilarious. And Brucey definately shined in this one.
Can someone give me a list of all the murders? Also who was that mustard guy dancing near the end?

Raurik

Jun 12, 2008
I've read through about 30 posts and no ones said it yet so. . . here I go...
*drum roll*
*more drum roll*
*pause*
*drum roll*
!!!!!!!!!!!!KLAYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
GLo Jones said:
AvsJoe said:
Now that's a montage!!! Oh and I hope Kratos suffers a fate worse than death!
TheNoirGuy said:
That was pretty awesome. Who was the chicken guy dancing with Lund?
I have the same question. I'm pretty sure I got every other guess correct but the chicken eludes me.
Reaperman64 said:
It really took me surprise what shanks said...youve devolped great charecters in and internet spoof series...

WOW

and who was lund dancing with ><
lwm3398 said:
I'm sorry, I am ignorant of games. What's up with Lund's dance with the red and yellow robot thing?

Fabled my ass...
It was Klaymen, the protagonist from Neverhood. A fantastic point-and-click clay animation game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqzsjpQmSfw
Chameliondude said:
AvsJoe said:
Now that's a montage!!! Oh and I hope Kratos suffers a fate worse than death!
TheNoirGuy said:
That was pretty awesome. Who was the chicken guy dancing with Lund?
I have the same question. I'm pretty sure I got every other guess correct but the chicken eludes me.
I think its clayman/klayman, the greatest puzzle game eva

For the love of all that is holy, watch my favourite bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsgRgmT9MA&feature=related

Soz, this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOVqeHlDks&feature=related
Here ya go.

Raurik

Jun 12, 2008
Also, Anyone else been suspecting that Bruce might be from a video game? I've kind of thought it all along and it's very possible considering Laser Cat is a video game character that LEADS (correction: led) the resistance. I searched around a pinch on the interwebs, but couldn't really get past all the Bruce Lee characters in games... You'd think given how few australian protagonists in games there are it would be easy.. but no.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I almost died when Klaymen from the Neverhood showed up.

After all those puns and then that seen with him in it, i think i may need to chnage my pants.

But then lazercat...

/sniff

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
And this is the point of a show wherein they show a sympathy-inducing scene, which makes us more avid viewers. Keep it up on the clever writing!

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
Probably not seeing as most of the material is copyrighted by other company's. Which means even if they did make a DVD, It wouldn't be legal to sell it.
But There Will Be Brawl is releasing an DVD.

They have a fuckload of copyrighted stuff.
Well, Either there is a loophole for parody that I am unaware of or they are being very naughty.
I think this is one of those legal grey areas that we all love so much.

The argument is fair use and parody vs. plagiarism. Doomsday and TWBB are particularly hard to clarify.

On the one hand, it's quite clearly parody. These characters are being presented in situations completely unlike anything they encounter in their respective games, with personalities quite removed from what we would expect.

On the other hand, it can be classified as plagiarism, because the original works are drawn on quite heavily with regards to physical appearance and abilities. Also, the owners of the various copyrights are not acknowledged in any way, which could lead to trouble.

This is obviously a very simplified version of these arguments.

This is also assuming that any gaming company wants to deal with the bad press that lawsuits against Doomsday and TWBB would result in.

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
Altheus_Necron said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
Probably not seeing as most of the material is copyrighted by other company's. Which means even if they did make a DVD, It wouldn't be legal to sell it.

Well, Either there is a loophole for parody that I am unaware of or they are being very naughty.

The argument is fair use and parody vs. plagiarism. Doomsday and TWBB are particularly hard to clarify.

On the one hand, it's quite clearly parody. These characters are being presented in situations completely unlike anything they encounter in their respective games, with personalities quite removed from what we would expect.

On the other hand, it can be classified as plagiarism, because the original works are drawn on quite heavily with regards to physical appearance and abilities. Also, the owners of the various copyrights are not acknowledged in any way, which could lead to trouble.

This is also assuming that any gaming company wants to deal with the bad press that lawsuits against Doomsday and TWBB would result in.
there is a difference between things like reproducing characters that are trademarked and actually using copyrighted material. The guys at DA reproduce all these characters, they do not use the copyrighted material i.e. video from games, sprites from games (maybe the goombas in one episode could be the one time).

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
DaveHz said:
Altheus_Necron said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
TIMESWORDSMAN said:

there is a difference between things like reproducing characters that are trademarked and actually using copyrighted material. The guys at DA reproduce all these characters, they do not use the copyrighted material i.e. video from games, sprites from games (maybe the goombas in one episode could be the one time).
However, copyright law states that derivative works are owned by the original copyright holder, and defines derivative work as one containing characters from the original product.

This does mean that all fan-fiction is in breach of copyright.

The "loophole" is parody, which does not require permission of the copyright holder. So reproducing a character and writing a new story for them IS a copyright violation, however because it is a parody Doomsday Arcade IS NOT a copyright violation.

Confused yet?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Damn... such a sad ending to the episode... but a great episode nonetheless.
You've set high standards for this series so far. I hope for more excellence, and know there will be more excellence.