Doomsday Arcade: Episode 25: Series Finale

LordLink

Jul 20, 2009
For Australia! and Fossiking in the wrong hole!

Man this episode inspired more patriotic goodwill than any army recruitment drive ever will. Its good to see that between you guys and Yahtzee, Australia owns gaming media.

I actually laughed at the bad Aussie references from Bruce this time, (although that Harold Holt one came close).

TheAwesome

Apr 14, 2009
I never really gave too much thought to who the man upstairs might be, because it didn't seem relevant to the show and I kind of expected it to be left ambiguous. However, I think it would be best if Gabe Newell was the man upstairs, which would have been crushing to Shanks.

But seriously, such an amazing series. I just started watching last week, and I spent several hours watching to get all caught up for the finale. The Dice Lord is like the coolest character I've seen in quite some time. Hoping you guys make another series.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I was convinced that when he was about to push the End Game button the GMAN would pop up and stop time. And reveal that he is the man upstairs.

BUT NO

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Miss Kass said:
No, I'm sad that it's over. ;__; Laser Heaven was not enough to soothe my pain, no matter how many party hats there were. I'm going to miss this brilliant show, seriously. I'll be following anything the Michaels (shut up) do from now on. Not like I didn't already (NOT A STALKER) but, y'know, now people know. It's less creepy
Not alone there! Hey, wanna join my "not a stalker of The Michaels" club? lol

AvsJoe said:
I can't believe it's over! Nooo... Well, I loved it. I loved it big time! I hope to see another series (or better yet *full-length movies*) from these two. Congrats Lund and Shanks, you guys rock!

...I'm still expecting to be duped though. This video did fall on April 1st after all and the "Game Over" badge says 26 episodes, not 25.
Crosses fingers... I'm still expecting something to happen...

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Brilliant Series! I guessed that Duke would come back, and that the Grenade would end up doing something like that, but there is no way I would have ever guessed anything like Kratos' bargain warehouse. Or the music video. Can someone put up a link to a high quality "Laser Heaven" wallpaper? I've tried taking a screen shot, but the photo's too blurry.

Miss Kass

Dec 2, 2008
Wolf Devastator said:
Miss Kass said:
No, I'm sad that it's over. ;__; Laser Heaven was not enough to soothe my pain, no matter how many party hats there were. I'm going to miss this brilliant show, seriously. I'll be following anything the Michaels (shut up) do from now on. Not like I didn't already (NOT A STALKER) but, y'know, now people know. It's less creepy
Not alone there! Hey, wanna join my "not a stalker of The Michaels" club? lol
Oh totally. If you be in charge from where you are, I'll, um... not stalk them in their own city. *shifty eyes*

hvitulf

Feb 17, 2009
Amazing, I'm going to miss this series, I really hope to see more from this entire crew and cast in the future. Talented doesn't even begin to describe them (though odd might be a good starting point).

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
You're wrong, it should have been Sephiroth! (and yes, I do remember Cool Spot)

OT: That was made of awesome. Although I didn't want Bruce to die. His spirit and funny accent was the best. Well, now it's over. Time to move on. Alas...

(Also, Shanks, you're quite the devil on guitar. We have something in common...)

Quantana

Dec 3, 2008
epic i hate to see you leave, however i think it is for the best. we'll miss you good luck in the future.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
Duke Nukem joke was hilarious.
Note:It was a Duke Nukem Forever joke about Duke nukem promising to show up but he never really does

combat90

Mar 28, 2008
nice ending! and i totally agree with Shanks in the end, if they were to show "the man upstairs" we would have been disappointed.

Personally, i always thought he was just some hallucination brought forth by Mario's shroom addiction, since he was the only one who spoke to him. Or maybe Master Hand...

Jokermonster

Oct 2, 2009
That twas indeed truly awesome.....going to miss it now....
There will be a Doomsday Arcade shaped hole in my life now......eith

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
It's the end. Wow, that was a blast guys. too many references to bring up, but I can say I'll sorely miss it.

Miss_Suzumiya

Mar 31, 2010
Pulp Fiction reference ;; Ultimate Gold. Especially since I JUST finished watching Pulp Fiction (Decided to treat myself to some Quentin movies) XD

That was an ULTIMATE dick move though. >.< I want to know who The Man Upstairs is!!!

Great ending though! <333

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Good show mates!
I'm psyched that ended so well! The most epic part was with Kratos and Brucey.
Really loved the "ask the fans" part.
Oh, and considering that ending line:
Rheyvin said:
"Narcissism has reached new staggering heights."
I'll go all "constructive criticism" and stuff and say:"You could have delivered more epicness by giving us a big bad baddy, and more fights"