Doomsday Arcade: Episode 25: Series Finale

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
ultimateownage said:
I liked the series, but to be honest it got a bit too serious and boring by the end, I miss the originals with them encountering a clever video game obstacle every episode.
Ahh, the good old days.

weirdoproductions

May 19, 2009
i LOVED THE MUSIC VIDEO and the cop out was such in the spirit of the show :) I was disapointed without nefarious coming back :( those episodes with him were awesome! I demand a dvd!

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Thank you guys so much for an amazing series.

I've always been a fan of the anti-climactic ending, so going with the "we push the button and it's over" thing actually amuses me. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to find out who the man upstairs was, but it really wasn't essential to the greatness of the story.

If I had to complain, I'd say the music video killed the pacing of the episode. It was funny for about the first 30 seconds, but then my mind started to wander off.

But that's my only complaint. Everything else about this episode was perfect.

Getting to see Toad get his revenge Pulp Fiction style gets my top vote, with the Duke Nukem reference getting a very close second.

Over a year ago, three of my favorite series ever started on the site. Unskippable, There Will Be Brawl, and Doomsday Arcade. Since then, Brawl has ended and Loading Ready Run has officially spread through the site in all of its glory. I'm really sad to see you guys go, since Doomsday was one of the last few shows left from the good old days.

Again, thank you so much. I hope you guys decide to do another show at some point in the future. Just know that if you do, you'll have at least one dedicated fan.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
Even though the closure wasn't exactly a closure, it still satisfied me. I think I might have been disappointed if I actually found out who the 'man upstairs' was like you said.

BuzzDJT

Dec 12, 2009
Michael, that was savagely awesome, the end was perfect, excellent choice.
If you are ever in Aberdeen or Dublin, let me know, the booze is on me!
I'm off to get "Narcissism has reached new staggering heights." put on a t-shirt. Best close-out line for a long time.

KeiraZodiac

Mar 25, 2009
As expected the finale weaved self-reflexivity into the storyline in the most hilarious way imaginable, to have fans of the show interact with the main character in a series about games (a medium all about fan interaction) was a stroke of genius.

and LEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY - had to rewind it five times, I couldn't stop laughing.

You definitely got chicken for pulling off such a wicked finale. :-D

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
And so it ends, This been a great series. If their's DVDs, Im buying lolz

I lol at the "THE DICE LORD IS THE MAN-UP-STAIRS!". Now quick, make a spin-off show called "THE ADVENTURES OF THE DICELORD & THE LAWS OF PROBABILITY!" lol lol jk ...maybe

Alzabane

May 30, 2009
somehow i knew you would never reveal the man upstairs but this does satisfy mostly everyone and actually make people use their imagination, ive always believed it was myamoto and will stick by that therory, and epic in to my favourite series, i hope you 2 continue to make new projects, good work guys

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
That was a good final episode. I'm going to miss this series. At least we still have Apocalypse La- o wait, no, that's ending in April too...

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Here endeth the greatest show in escapist history. I declare it the best series finale ever.
Methinks the man upstairs was one Bobby Kotick [sub][sub][sub]Not really, it was me :p Hey guys, wheres my credit spot?[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Oh and bring us a DVD. Please?

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
Guys that has to be the best video on the escapist better then everything pure awesome but its a shame that its over unless you guys are planning a second show or are going to bring in a second series for this awesome if you did anyway thanks for the whole series and hope you guys find something else to put on the escapist.

PS. 25min videos FTW!!! Man up stairs is Bill from L4D I can imagine that....

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
well, i'm glad it went as it went, but this means doomsday arcade is over! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i'm seriously gonna die if you don't make a DVD!

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Epic finishing episode.

I'm glad that it didn't try too hard to tie up all the loose ends in the a rushed way but instead was hilarious. Probably my favourite episode, although they're all good. (Like the Fallout ep or the Doom one where he can't get past a small obstacle).

Loved the joke about Coolspot. I remember playing that on the MS DOS agggeeessss ago. I only really remember the first beach level though since it was so long ago.

Also Kratos's Furniture store gag was brilliant.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Like the series, the last episode was pretty damn good, though I think the music video had me laughing most of all. In the name of Lazercat, release it (with the same video) and take over the world...

DA - Shall be missed :(

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
BuzzDJT said:
Michael, that was savagely awesome, the end was perfect, excellent choice.
If you are ever in Aberdeen or Dublin, let me know, the booze is on me!
I'm off to get "Narcissism has reached new staggering heights." put on a t-shirt. Best close-out line for a long time.
I'm pretty sure Lund was in or voiced 90% of episode, I love how he admits his love of himself. I'm definitely making that short bit into an animated avatar ˄.˄

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
couldn't be bothered to finish it after 5 minutes was to bored so I wrote this...
well now you know.