Doomsday Arcade: Episode Three

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Epic, loved the Left4Dead parody. "reloading"
Not as good as the last 2 episodes but still funny.
And please stop with the terrible puns, enough is enough!
i kinda like the bad puns

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Haha, smooth chests. You guys just know how to make an "Unskippable" fan laugh.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
"Good thing you keep a chainsaw in there"
"You can never be too sure"

The way these guys deliver their lines is brilliant. That line was just hilarious. I had to rewind to just before it 5 times it was so good.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
Danny Ocean said:
Please.

As for the show, I didn't quite get the "Reloading" thing, I guess I need to pay more attention in game.
How could you NOT notice how many times they say reloading?

Best Episode yet! Much better than eps 2... it doesn't seem as drawn out as the last one! Loved the resident evil bit! I also loved the fact that the propane tank DIDN'T explode! Yay for accuracy!

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Damn there was even a star wars reference at the end... Was a great episode as expected, bravo :)

Chillin

Nov 23, 2008
My favorite part about the whole series is how overly goofy the characters are. They really seal the deal.

Nice episode! Cool to see a car with the steering wheel on the right (I know, a lame thing to say, but I liked it.)

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Very well done, gents. It's obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into this whole thing and enjoy doing it. The effects you use are absolutely brilliant - not amateur at all! And your camera work is brilliant, too.

One small offer of advice - when doing indoor scenes, be careful of echoing. The Mario/Luigi scene had a lot of it going on. Same as wind and other noise outdoors. You put so much effort into everything else, don't skimp on getting sound right too!

Can't wait for the next episode!

Timtimfed said:
It was the hottest day in Melbourne in a century, Ryan, and I was wearing a jacket. Also, tripods are pretty.
Oh my god, how much has this weather SUCKED! You guys have real damned dedication if you've been out filming in this weather!

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Indigo_Dingo said:
On a similar topic, whats the issue with releasing the Escapists videos (bookended by advertisements, both for the Escapist and whatever has bought space at the time) as a downloadable form, or even a podcast?
Don't know how the escapist views this but if you want to watch offline you used to be able to just download videos straight to realplayer. I don't know if that still works though.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Awesome episode as usual =P I'm wondering though how did you get that huge a cast.

mudshovel

Sep 29, 2008
Timtimfed said:
mudshovel said:
Timtimfed said:
Mindfury said:
Way to leave a fucking tripod in shot, Michael

luls
It was the hottest day in Melbourne in a century, Ryan, and I was wearing a jacket. Also, tripods are pretty.
Melbourne was pretty hot last week, can't belive you guys were FILMING on that day.
On the hottest day on record in the century I had two guys filming in thick woolen jumpers and overalls. I was not popular. In between each shot we all had to stand in a bath of cold water.
I hope you were not filming today! I was at a PD for teaching 12 Biology at University High all day. When I stepped outside it was like a wall of heat.

I think today is now the new hottest day, according to the radio... :p

Triscut900

The Cracker
Dec 19, 2008
ausome episode but does anyone know how to get muckracker, infamous scribbler, paperboy, gone gonzo, ect...

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
triskutt900 said:
ausome episode but does anyone know how to get muckracker, infamous scribbler, paperboy, gone gonzo, ect...
If you survive long enough to rack up your post count, you'll automatically rise through the rank, ultimately achieving "gone gonzo". But don't think the irony of someone who's currently on probation asking how to rise in ranks is lost on me. I think the best advice I could give you is try not to be a jerk. After that, all else seems to flow effortlessly.