Doomsday Arcade: Episode Two

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Wow, I never expected them to last more than an episode, thinking it would have been just an one episode 'wonder'.

Well done.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
Mariena said:
Wow, I never expected them to last more than an episode, thinking it would have been just an one episode 'wonder'.

Well done.
That was my thinking exactly: I was very worried that they'd just lose momentum, but this seems to show that they'll be going strong for a while yet.

Great work guys: just a shame it's fortnightly! :(

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
Haha, so true god I was hoping that that was just a picture and they didn't actually show it in the clip. It isn't scary to me, it is just disturbing.....

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
Absolutely brilliant, keep up the good work guys! But yes, I will be having nightmares thanks to the smiley faces.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
The bloody smiling face was horrific. Thanks for that. The camera direction was somewhat jumpy, but it worked for the most part.

My personal highlight was "spawn Russian bride".

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Dechef said:
God damnit, Escapist.
I can't go to the homepage anymore, that picture scares the shit out of me!
This.
Whose idea of a joke was it to put that....thing as the thumbnail image for the video?
Not funny.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
some of it was funny, but to wait two weeks, and to have no plot advancement besides turning on god mode is kind of a letdown, here's to hoping the next installment actually goes somewhere.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Better than the first, looking forward to the next one now, heh.

12th_milkshake

Nov 20, 2008
very cleverly done. ace referances and can't wait for the the next one. Brings back some faith in Escapist after a slurry of over rated filler.

whiskers on kittens
whiskers on kittens
whiskers on kittens
whiskers on kittens...

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
well, it was a big step up for me from the first one (Strictly for the console interface really) but overall I'm still fairly disappointed. Some of the jokes seem very forced and the musical whatevers that play along with the jokes tend to really send the message that, hey! we're making a joke! which, unfortunately tends to make it that much less funny. The console interface thing was fantastic, though, and I think they could go farther if they... get a bit better at acting. There, I said it, I think that the acting is really the lowest part of the show. It does have potential, though, and I think I'll keep watching.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Quality work. Keep it up.

Watching it a second time, I noticed what was written on the console and the Douglas Adams reference. Quality.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
loved the show and yes anyone who has the option to spawn items and is a nerd would try to spawn a woman

btw i know they had god mode but you would think they would still keep the shotgun