Doomsday Arcade: Finale Episode: Behind The Scenes

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
you guys went swimming in a lake? isn't that like insta-death in australia.

It looks so fun to make, almost as much fun as it is to watch.

KeiraZodiac

Mar 25, 2009
I'm so excited, but I also don't really want it to end.

If you guys do other stuff, like films or other internet series, how will I know!?!?!?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
addeB said:
Ohh you have summer in new Zealand? Here in Sweden we still have snow......
Btw, can't wait until thursday.
Aye, Sweden sucks at the moment...I hope the snow'll be gone by my birthday...

I used to like snow. Then I realised it was only because of the skiing...and this year I began to hate skiing. God, snow fucking sucks!

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
IamQ said:
addeB said:
Ohh you have summer in new Zealand? Here in Sweden we still have snow......
Btw, can't wait until thursday.
Aye, Sweden sucks at the moment...I hope the now'll be gone by my birthday...

I used to like snow. Then I realised it was only because of the skiing...and this year I began to hate skiing. God, snow fucking sucks!
Yeah, I only liked snow cause I could go snowboarding and for some reason i didn't this year...

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
"Cool kid with a scooter, he is in the frame."

Genuinely can't wait for the conclusion, you guys define consistent entertainment.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
gunna be honest stopped watching the series after the episode with the big daddy, but i've made a return to this video and noticed that you guyses audio is always messed up (at least it use to be, not up to date) do you know how to do voice overs and redo the sense with no audio then have your actors say the lines again in a sound room? then add all the necessary sound effects as well...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha that was great, getting to see the behind the scenes is very cool xD I used to film some, and it was always fun to make these

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Funny, they go on about it being hot, but I get chills hearing that wind (guess I'm used to a colder climate)

Jackal_Legacy said:
Am i the only one who thinks that the "finale" coming out on April fools day is not a coincidence?
(fingers crossed for it not actually being the end.)
Hey, yeah......
*crosses fingers too*

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
chickenlord said:
gunna be honest stopped watching the series after the episode with the big daddy, but i've made a return to this video and noticed that you guyses audio is always messed up (at least it use to be, not up to date) do you know how to do voice overs and redo the sense with no audio then have your actors say the lines again in a sound room? then add all the necessary sound effects as well...
Dubbing is never as good as original audio by any means. There is no way it doesn't sound weird when the audio doesn't completely match the actors' mouths.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
DaveHz said:
chickenlord said:
Dubbing is never as good as original audio by any means. There is no way it doesn't sound weird when the audio doesn't completely match the actors' mouths.
did you know that 70% of almost every main steam movie's audio is done away from the scene... the original audio's quality was never that good for this show, 1. the wind, 2. mic on the camera doesn't have that big of reach, even if they used a boom mic, 3. just makes the words clearer and better to understand, in a closed off area its fine to just use original audio, but only with a decent mic...

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
chickenlord said:
DaveHz said:
chickenlord said:
did you know that 70% of almost every main steam movie's audio is done away from the scene... the original audio's quality was never that good for this show, 1. the wind, 2. mic on the camera doesn't have that big of reach, even if they used a boom mic, 3. just makes the words clearer and better to understand, in a closed off area its fine to just use original audio, but only with a decent mic...
would you link me towards wherever you got that from?
although if you count music that might be true, and you are also probly misunderstanding your source info.

In a movie, the music and some effects are dubbed, maybe comprising that 70% if you measure them by time length. But almost none of the dialog is dubbed, only when they mess up real bad and it escapes the director and have no way of re-shooting the scene. which is almost never. or in movie musicals when the dialog doesn't mix well with the song, and that looks terrible in my opinion. Of course there is post production in the audio, but it's still the original audio. Dubbing is never perfect so that the lips move according to the dialog.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
I agree that original audio is far superior to dubbing, it drives me insane when peoples mouths don't match up. Anyway I'm pretty sure Dave is right about how dialogue is recorded for most movies, but keep in mind that they do run filters to block out background noise, which is also unlikely to be a problem on a professional set.

But this isn't a multimillion dollar production, so for what they produced with their limited materials, the boys did an amazing job. Also, your not paying for it, and it was up till now produced by them each fortnight. Do you realise how much extra effort you would need to put into actually dubbing something every single fortnight?

Sorry, I just think your standards are waaaaay too high...

SuperBlackS14

May 22, 2009
Bloopers to end all bloopers. Didn't need to see anyone in undergarments, no offense.

Great show guys. I think DDA was one of the better series I've seen on the Escapist. Great show Gents.