Doomsday Arcade: Finale Preview

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Zedar0 said:
It looks promising. Hopefully it'll make up for the previous episode.
You must be thinking that the finale will be super awesomely ridiculously AMAZING, considering I thought the previous episode had as much depth as the Dicelord episode, in fact I think I've already re-watched it twice as many times as that episode.

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
The voice over by Lazercat made my day, hope he gets respawned or something... Anyway can't wait!

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
Wolf Devastator said:
Zedar0 said:
It looks promising. Hopefully it'll make up for the previous episode.
You must be thinking that the finale will be super awesomely ridiculously AMAZING, considering I thought the previous episode had as much depth as the Dicelord episode, in fact I think I've already re-watched it twice as many times as that episode.
24 felt very rushed and sloppy. It started off all right with the graveyard scene, but once it got into fighting the generals, it stopped being good. For being generals (and thus some of the best in Mario's army), they went down way too easy. In previous episodes, there were always tons of obstacles in the way, not to mention each game character's abilities to deal with, but now Shanks can suddenly teleport to every general and immediately kill them? I don't think so. It was simply incoherent, and most of the general encounters weren't even that good. The puns didn't help things, either.

Even once you get past that, the ending doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Kratos doesn't seem like the sort to be sniping, for one thing. Second, considering how easily every other character in the episode was killed, it doesn't quite fit to have one of them insta-kill Laser Cat out of nowhere. Bruce and Jamal abandoning Shanks when he's clearly not right in the head is also a bit odd, but I suppose that one can be excused.

I know this isn't a super-high-quality series or anything, but it was at least decent until 24 came along. It's easily the lowest point of the series so far, which is a shame, considering we're right at the end. I don't expect 25 to be absolutely amazing, but it definitely needs to be GOOD--not the cluttered mess 24 was.

The Mapper

Feb 17, 2010
OMG OMG OMG It looks so good but then again it can be possibly as good as what is running though my head right now? well it could be? but where will get all that propane? anyway where was I cant w8 to see it hope it fills the gap that lazer cat left!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Aw, man, today is my last week of vacation. I thought I could end it by watching my favourite series' finale. :-(

Oh, well, I trust the Michaels (or the one Michael who does most of the work) to deliver.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Zedar0 said:
24 felt very rushed and sloppy. It started off all right with the graveyard scene, but once it got into fighting the generals, it stopped being good. For being generals (and thus some of the best in Mario's army), they went down way too easy. In previous episodes, there were always tons of obstacles in the way, not to mention each game character's abilities to deal with, but now Shanks can suddenly teleport to every general and immediately kill them? I don't think so. It was simply incoherent, and most of the general encounters weren't even that good. The puns didn't help things, either.

Even once you get past that, the ending doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Kratos doesn't seem like the sort to be sniping, for one thing. Second, considering how easily every other character in the episode was killed, it doesn't quite fit to have one of them insta-kill Laser Cat out of nowhere. Bruce and Jamal abandoning Shanks when he's clearly not right in the head is also a bit odd, but I suppose that one can be excused.

I know this isn't a super-high-quality series or anything, but it was at least decent until 24 came along. It's easily the lowest point of the series so far, which is a shame, considering we're right at the end. I don't expect 25 to be absolutely amazing, but it definitely needs to be GOOD--not the cluttered mess 24 was.
I consider the worst episode to be the Doom episode (ep 5), didn't laugh once until the last second, but I'm excusing it since it was early.

I don't think your considering the mighty force that is Bruce when fighting the Generals ;)

I found it to be at the same pace as every other episode. I mean when I went into the episode knowing it was right before the finale, and with episode 23 nearly leaving us with nothing to advance the story at all, I figured some shortcuts would be made. I was just glad it wasn't just full story and that some light humor was thrown in there in the middle, which was needed to offset the very sad ending.

I guess it's not worth arguing now, but your statement of it being the worst episode just baffled me. When I first discovered that the series existed, I decided to watch them all in order, and some of the earlier episodes nearly put me off with all the over-acting (on purpose I learned later on, either that or they really did get better)

EndOfDaWorld

Feb 14, 2009
I cried inside when it said 'In the final episode'
NOOOOOOOOOOO my favorite series on the Escapist is ending Wahhhhhh!
darthmob said:
You. Guys. Have. To. Release. It. On. DVD.

That is all.
I'd definitely get it on DVD...

And I honestly don't want the last episode to be that funny...It seems to epic
:'( Rest in peace Doomsday Arcade you will be greatly missed
*goes into his bedroom and cries*

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'm gonna cry when it's all over, but all great things must come to an end I suppose.

I'm just glad that it looks epic! Y've had a great run here Doomsday Arcade! I and the rest of the community will miss you!

*Salutes*

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I hope klaymen get's what's coming to his slow walking, smiling and ever so friendly ass.