Doomsday Joins Injustice: Gods Among Us Roster

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Kmadden2004 said:
Just as long as they don't make him a cheap boss fight, like Shao Khan.
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the headline - he'll be the inevitable fighting game amazingly cheap end boss.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Agayek said:
This has no bearing on anything in the article, but I really need to point this out:

Earnest Cavalli said:
Fans have long speculated that he'd be a shoe-in for inclusion, but to date there's been no official word to confirm the idea.
"shoe-in" is a meaningless phrase. It's somewhere between an onomatopoeia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia] and "eye dialect" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_dialect] for the phrase "sure win".

People are too lazy to pronounce the r in sure, so it sounds to the ear like "shoo win", which somehow got morphed to "shoe-in" through various levels of failure in communication.
Is that really true? If so, that is very interesting indeed.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
But if a character beats Doomsday, doesnt Doomsday come back evolved so the thing that beat him can no longer beat him? :)I like the back history of Doomsday, how he became who he was when Superman fought him. After that, they messed him up.

Im not sure of this game. It looks great but Joker having a chance against Superman? Joker is just a man thats insane, zero powers. I know, thats adding "realism" to it. Maybe they could have added different levels like in boxing, welterweight, heavy weight etc and as you win you unlock some of the many magical or high tech weapons that DC have in their comics. Thust he characters like Joker could wear them for increased strength and be able to go toe to toe against higher powered characters. Would add an interesting rpg element. Like, for instance, unlock a krptonite ring that enables mere humans to do damage on Superman, otherwise it just takes ages to get his bar down.

Just a thought. :)