Doraleous and Associates Hits YouTube With New Season

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Doraleous and Associates Hits YouTube With New Season

The adventures of Doraleous and Associates have begun anew with a new 13 episode season.

Originally a member of The Escapist's fine repertoire of video content, Doraleous and Associates told the story of a party of fantasy adventurers as they bumbled their way through the crisis-struck land of Nudonia. While the series has since moved onto to different pastures, it's still a favorite of ours and, in turn, we're happy to report that fans can now enjoy a brand new season.

The new season, which premiered yesterday exclusively on the <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/hankandjed?feature=watch>Hank and Jed YouTube channel, will feature thirteen episodes and comes to viewers compliments of Kickstarter. The show's campaign, which ended <a href=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1587328364/doraleous-and-associates>back in April 2013, managed to raise more than $86,000 to help fund new episodes. It's money that, according to its creators, has been well spent. "This new season has some of my favorite episodes yet," said writer/producer Brent Triplett. "We're looking forward to sharing these new episodes with the entire Doraleous Community."

Fans can expect these fresh episodes to include new characters, several of whom will be voiced by YouTube celebrities including Daniel Baxter (How it Should Have Ended), Olga Kay and ImmortalHD, among others. Overall, the team is just hoping that fans will notice an improvement in this season's quality. "The writing is sharper, the animation is more fluid and the episodes are nice and lengthy," said animator/actor Jon Etheridge. New episodes of Doraleous and Associates will post every Monday.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
It's finally back!

I was so pissed when Escapist stopped hosting this show. It was probably the best short you guys ever had. Anthony Saves the World is a close second.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Sorry if I'm opening up some old wounds but what happened with that, anyway? Last I saw from DA was the guy with his head up his ass. Then HISHE was on Youtube, which was cool too. But I thought that, if they were to go back to DA, it would be on here. I know it's an assumption but it isn't that big of a logical leap, is it?

Just a bit curious about that.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Hurry up, Doralingus D:

*dances aboot the place*

Woohoo! Been waitin' for this.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Well, that's one evening lost to the interweb beast! I'm going to have to watch the series from the beginning again before watching the new one(s), time for a marathon.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Is there going to be a recap episode? Will they band together again? What happened in the interim? I just have to know now!

Super excited to see that smug archer again! I always thought DA had its own brand of comedy and can't wait to see the series continue.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The episode rock! Am I too late? Ok how about I'm glad they didn't axed it altogether!

Either way, I am glad for its return!

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Oh hell yeah, I was wondering whatever happened to this! Original new webseries like this were the reason i started coming to the Escapist in the first place. Now I don't have a problem with the numerous (and much cheaper to produce) talk shows the site has now, but there's been an actual good mini series since Space Janitors.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
YAAAAAAY~

We can all die happy now that Dorilingus is here to save us again. <3

...Boy, that was a redundant statement.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010

I'm very happy right now, I've been craving for moar Doarlingus misadventures and my prayers have finally been answered!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Man, I wondered what happened to that show.
Of the things that stuck with me from that show, I think my favorite was still the "I see a *****, oh I see a *****, I see a ***** what do you see?"
Even better when they had that episode where there was a play of their adventures and that was a musical number (Which I am fairly certain was the last episode if I remember correctly).

Timmey

May 29, 2010
Perfect end to my day, been waiting for this for ages. Shame they left the escapist was one of my favorites.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Doraleous was one of the shows that brought me here to the Escapist in the first place, so to see it continued after so many bloody years it so very much appreciated.

It's most probably my favourite web series ever. I can't think of another that even comes close to Doraleous in terms of pure entertainment.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Awwwwww yeah, time for an archive binge to refresh my memory! I love this show so much.