Dotcom Claims Email Proof Of NZ PM/Warner Bros. Conspiracy

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dotcom Claims Email Proof Of NZ PM/Warner Bros. Conspiracy

If Dotcom's email is verified to be genuine, then it implicates New Zealand Prime Minster in a conspiracy with Warner Bros.

If you've been following the story behind Kim Dotcom [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/kim%20dotcom]'s arrest and attempted extradition to the US, you'll know that he has claimed conspiracy from the very beginning. Doctom insists that New Zealand Prime Minister John Key actually made a deal with media conglomerate Warner Bros. to grant Dotcom New Zeland residency so that he could be extradited, and now, he says he has email proof of it. The alleged email reads as follows:

"We had a really good meeting with the Prime Minister. He's a fan and we're getting what we came for. Your groundwork in New Zealand is paying off. I see strong support for our anti-piracy effort.

"John Key told me in private that they are granting Dotcom residency despite pushback from officials about his criminal past. His AG will do everything in his power to assist us with our case. VIP treatment and then a one-way ticket to Virginia.

"This is a game changer. The DOJ is against the Hong Kong option. No confidence in the Chinese. Great job."

Dotcom says that the email is dated October 27, 2010 and is purported to be from Warner Brothers chairman and chief executive Kevin Tsujihara to a senior executive at the Motion Picture Association of America - the lobby group for the Hollywood studios.

If the email is verified to be genuine, it directly contradicts Key's claims that he had no idea who Dotcom was before his arrest, and actually implicates the Prime Minister in a conspiracy to entrap the Internet mogul.

If you're wondering what Key would have gotten out of this "deal", The date of the alleged email places it right in the midst of negotiations over The Hobbit, which Key would have no doubt wanted to be filmed in his country.

Warner Bros. has already come out with an official statement that the email is a fabrication by Dotcom, claiming "Kevin Tsujihara did not write or send the alleged email, and he never had any such conversation with Prime Minister Key."

Dotcom decided to fight the government on even grounds by launching his get back his seized assets [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133287-Kim-Dotcom-Launches-New-Zealands-Internet-Party].

Source: New Zealand Herald [http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11324988]

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Isn't he already dirty anyway? The FBI stormed right on in to Kim's mansion and grabbed everything laying around. The NZ PM is just nodding his head as if nothing is wrong with a foreign law enforcement agency raiding someone's home is his country.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Well I didn't vote for him.
I'm still not going to vote for Internet MANA. Their policies are good but I feel that a vote for the Green Party is more beneficial to the left leaning coalition.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh god, I hope this turns out to be true. I want a corrupt politician to fall. And I want him to fall so hard that he'll never walk in political shoes again.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
Do I think much of the NZ PM? No. Do I think that Dotcom is a trustworthy source for news and would never stoop so low as to make this up? Hell no. His background is filled with illegal activity and he knew very well that he was promoting piracy and hides behind semantics.

small

Aug 5, 2014
im erring on the side of caution to see what happens, pretty sad when either party could be lying through their teeth

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh...did this on purpose to get the Hobbit filmed there.

Not impossible, but we shall wait and see.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
If this is true, then it's a terribly despicable act by the New Zealand PM and I hope he gets booted out, regardless on how many seats his party gets. I also hope, that if this is true, that Warner Bros. executives get thrown in jail as well. However, let's wait and see if it is true, because I wouldn't put it past Kim Dotcom to falsely make an email to discredit his enemies...

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Isn't he already dirty anyway? The FBI stormed right on in to Kim's mansion and grabbed everything laying around. The NZ PM is just nodding his head as if nothing is wrong with a foreign law enforcement agency raiding someone's home is his country.
Well, it was a perfectly legal action given New Zealand's laws on extradition and the treaty NZ and the US have. Hell the only thing which even makes it noteworthy is the fact that the arrest itself was done by Americans, which isn't that unusual in the grand scheme of things.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Zontar said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Well, it was a perfectly legal action given New Zealand's laws on extradition and the treaty NZ and the US have. Hell the only thing which even makes it noteworthy is the fact that the arrest itself was done by Americans, which isn't that unusual in the grand scheme of things.
Seriously? Well damn that's shit. It's pretty pathetic if they're gonna let some law enforcement task force from another country come in and run rough shod over one of their citizens. Hope the NZ PM get's what's comin' to him. I like seeing corrupt politicians burn.

Roander

Dec 27, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
If you're wondering what Key would have gotten out of this "deal", The date of the alleged email places it right in the midst of negotiations over The Hobbit, which Key would have no doubt wanted to be filmed in his country.

Peter Jackson is from New Zealand and most of his movies were filmed there, including Lord of the Rings. If the Prime Minister is willing to risk scandal with something like this I think he'd want a bit more than something he was likely to get anyway. I'm not saying he didn't sell out, although that email is suspiciously direct. Just that a big sack of cash, or 'campaign contribution' as we call it in America, is a more believable motive than getting the Hobbit filmed in his country.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
This total bollocks invented by a convicted credit card fraudster in attempt to get himself off.

delroland

Sep 10, 2008
If this allegation turns out to be true, I shudder to think to what size Kim Dotcom's ego will swell.

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
I hope they both burn. I just wanna watch them both burn each other till nothing is left. I also want a Red Rider BB gun but that's not likely to happen either.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
The whole debacle involving the Hobbit had more to do with the laws and regulations of seasonal workers than anything else. New Zealand had to change legislation so that the temporary workers for The Hobbit wouldn't be entitled to the crazy good worker protection laws in New Zealand. If those laws remained in force then WB might not have filmed The Hobbit in New Zealand. The majority of Seasonal Workers in New Zealand can't even vote as they're not citizens or residents so the changes to the legislation are one of those 95% of NZers benefit, 5% don't bills.

But of course, Kim's focusing on an out-of-context e-mail during an election period. Kim was more than happy to be buddy-buddy with the PM right up until Key showed signs that if the investigation into Dot Com actually had a legal leg to stand on he would abide by NZ's treaty with the US. Now Kim's on a personal vendetta against Key to side with the opposition in hopes of having swing party powers demanding that for Internet-Mana's support Kim's extradition must be a "never will happen" policy for New Zealand.