Double Fine Making Community Funded Adventure Game

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/the_double_fine_adventure-adventure_is_here/

Tim Schafer and Double Fine are in midst of making a game and producing a documentary of an old school point and click adventure game. Since they can't very easily pitch a game like this to publishers, they are asking the community to fund it. At least $15 will get you a copy of the game if they meet their goal. If they don't meet their goal, I'm not sure how likely this will get made.

I cannot currently contribute (no credit card), so at the very least I thought I'd make adventure game fans and gamers in general aware.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
This is great! I loved Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, I don't see how this game could possible turn out to be bad.
What's even better is the transparency and involvement of the community. This really looks promising and I can't wait until the development starts.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Shame I don't have $20K lying around. Dinner and bowling with Tim Schafer and the team sounds good to me.

The documentary series could be really interesting and worth the price alone. They can have $30 from me.

Edit: Screw it, I gave them $100. A poster and "special thanks in the game's credits" sounds good to me.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Considering that they're almost at $140,000 after only a few hours, I think that there's a really good chance that they will reach their $400,000 goal.

I haven't pledged yet, but I do plan on pledging soon, because I love Double Fine, and this whole thing is just awesome.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
LookingGlass said:
Shame I don't have $20K lying around. Dinner and bowling with Tim Schafer and the team sounds good to me.
Seriously. Going bowling with Tim Schafer is like... the best prize ever.

I'll probably kick*snicker* over either $15 or $30 at some point.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Bumping this thread. I clicked that link from Tim's twitter about five hours ago, and it had 30k then. Now it has 265. And Europe's just catching wind. And this is before the major sites and Penny Arcade get ahold of it.

This shit's about to blow.