DOW II Custom Badges

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Hey guys

Just wondering if it is possible to add custom badges in Dawn of war II, simply because i want to create some chapters for Space marines and it kinda ruins it without the badge

Any help would be apprecitaed thanks

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Good question.

In the previous games there was a folder called badges, in which you could add your custom badges.

I've had a quick look in the DOW2 folder and I can't seem to find a similar folder, so I would guess no.

But it may still be possible, just not as simple as the previous games. You might have to find and edit the badges file with some drawing programs or something else, similarly over my head.

Hopefully somebody will create a workaround or release some custom badges, once the game's been out for a few weeks...

EDIT: Also, the cynic in me is guessing it might be something that's protected in this game, so more badges can be released as DLC later.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
Apparently, Microsoft won't let DoW2 have custom badges for ratings reasons (otherwise people might add... "less than appropriate" images)

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
JordanMillward_1 said:
Apparently, Microsoft won't let DoW2 have custom badges for ratings reasons (otherwise people might add... "less than appropriate" images)
Bingo. Microsoft is afraid Space Marines with pictures of dicks on their shoulders might sully the otherwise perfectly acceptable experience of skewering your enemies, slicing them open, and pouring their blood across the battlefield in a frenzy of chaos and destruction.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
just remember, its ok to rip off someones arms and legs as long as no one sees a penis

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
The Madman said:
JordanMillward_1 said:
Bingo. Microsoft is afraid Space Marines with pictures of dicks on their shoulders might sully the otherwise perfectly acceptable experience of skewering your enemies, slicing them open, and pouring their blood across the battlefield in a frenzy of chaos and destruction.
Look i'm not going to question why you want your proud Space Marines to march into battle with someone's willy on their epaulets, but personally I don't see a need to sully them like that.

And this isn't something that just Microsoft does either, so...well anyway. Point is that yes, it's stupid, but the Internet is full of stupid people who would do that just because they think it's funny. And then more stupid people would get outraged, and file stupid lawsuits.