Dragon Age 2 Dilemma

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
I'm currently at the end of Act 2 on Dragon Age 2, and am getting utterly stomped by the Arishok and his personal army in the final battle in the Keep. Looking it up, I found that both Isabella and Fenris can make this fight significantly easier via certain story elements, but issue is I somehow managed to completely miss getting both companions. Given that there is no way of getting either of them at this point, I'm debating simply starting over and getting them, or dropping the difficulty for that one fight. Opinions?

RidleyValiant

White Knight
Nov 12, 2007
Without knowing your class and party build I'd be hard pressed to offer any tactical advice. Though as there is no achievement that I'm aware of for beating the game on varied difficulties, lowering it seems the easiest course

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
Very true, so for anyone interested, my class build is a dual wield/assassination rogue, and my party build is a sword/shield spec Aveline, Elemental Anders, and Bianca Varric

Sep 14, 2009
yeah as a rogue it's hard to beat the arishok head on, turn the difficulty down and patience is your friend, it might take a hell of a long time but you can beat him.

turn it down to easy and try it a few times, once you get the hang of it decide from there if it is worth it to start back in act one or not (if you have all your saves like i do)

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Like the other's said, wait it out. Patience is key. If you have the Mabari Warhound - use him, I found him quite valuable when I played without Fenris and Isabella as a mage.

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
Mage is the best class to take the Arishok down one on one. The freezing spells were a godsend, they give you enough breathing room to hurl a powerful spell at him. My reccomendation is to start again. Isabella is exceedingly good at taking down individual targets (particularly if you stealth her up) and since Fenris is a dual handed weapon wielder his wide arcing attacks make things quite a bit easier.