Dragon Age 2 what makes you the most angry?

gyro2death

The Chosen
Mar 5, 2009
*Edit* To all the people accusing me of hating a good game please read the first line again and stop saying how I'm retarded and that the game is good, I said it was "Great" in the very first line! Yes this game did make me rage, but only because I know Bioware could have done better, as others pointed out, DA2 is the second lowest rated Bioware game, while still better than 90% of other games when you set high standards for yourself you need to keep them. And certainly when you do a sequel you need to take your time and do it right. As many have said, recycled content is terrible in the game, the game has its flaws, and that's what this thread is about, everyone whose ranting here has probably invested 15+ hours into the game, so lay off the whole "hate campaign" talk. We often criticize the things we love the most the worst.
[End Rant]

Don't get me wrong, still a great game, but it could have been better, much better. In that spirit the thing I hate most was the stupid freaking waves combat where enemies keep coming wave after wave spawning literally right in the safe corner you stuck your mages in. Its absolute crap and very annoying. Second to that is the lack of top down view which is probably the stupidest omission.

Also how many mercs do I have to kill before they stop trying to jump in in the streets at night, seriously I'm reasonably sure I killed more mercs than the entire population of Kirkwall and they still keep doing it....

squidtm

Mar 17, 2010
gyro2death said:
Don't get me wrong, still a great game, but it could have been better, much better. In that spirit the thing I hate most was the stupid freaking waves combat where enemies keep coming wave after wave spawning literally right in the safe corner you stuck your mages in. Its absolute crap and very annoying. Second to that is the lack of top down view which is probably the stupidest omission.

Also how many mercs do I have to kill before they stop trying to jump in in the streets at night, seriously I'm reasonably sure I killed more mercs than the entire population of Kirkwall and they still keep doing it....
These, and the fact that the game keeps recycling dungeons.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
What makes me the most angry is how people constantly complain about it.
I'm half-way through my second playthrough now and I think it might be my new favourite game.

Lusty

Dec 12, 2008
All the threads slagging off Dragon Age 2 are starting to make me angry.

Edit: also being constantly ninja'd by a minute makes me angry too...

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
ALl the people angry at Dragon Age 2 is pissing me off. I don't even care about the game yet that's still making me angry.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
gyro2death said:
Ask the police they've been working on that one for a while now...

OT: The thing that makes me the most angry is this is literally the 20th thread with this exact same idea behind it and it has been out for 14 days. Please could people fucking stop.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
-Choices feeling inconsequential (especially near the end).
-Enemies re-spawning, especially in areas where it doesn't make any sense.
-Lack of conversation options with party members outside of missions.
-Re-used maps.

Apart from those I find the game to be excellent; some areas it is weaker than Origins, but in others it is much, much stronger.

Darth IB said:
Lusty said:
Best of the 3 said:
ALl the people angry at Dragon Age 2 is pissing me off.
True enough, the game seems to have been selected for a hate campaign, it's odd really.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
The reviews.

I can understand the release of a misguided, watered down sequel slapped together for a year and a half. SW:ToR is expensive, they needed a quick buck.

But it's getting hailed by certain reviewers as game of the year, somebody even called it game of the decade. It doesn't qualify as game of the month for fuck's sake.

LetoTheTyrant

Apr 19, 2010
gyro2death said:
Second to that is the lack of top down view which is probably the stupidest omission.
Why does everyone seem to think that Bioware did this for poops and giggles? There was a reason why this wasn't included, are the very least a reason given. It was so they could have much more flexibility in creating spaces. In origins, with the top down view it meant ceilings had to be high, and that 'upper' spaces couldn't be filled with much.

The camera is can be put wherever you like it, and can still be zoomed out pretty far. Never needed or used a zoomed out camera anyways. I'm personally totally happy with that as a trade off for my detailed an interesting spaces. Take the chantry or the streets of kirkwall, the copy-pasted caves, make the camera top down and you have to carve out a much larger blank space.

Nothing got me angry, but I was dissapointed with copy pasted caves. The wounded coast looking like the wounded coast every time, fine, that's perfect. And the caves on the wounded coast looking like the caves on the wounded coast, fine. But the seperate maps, the random ones, reusing caves.....

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
The ending. When it came up, I was like "o_O What do I get to do now!" then it ended. It took all of my will to not obliterate the controller against the wall

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Thoric485 said:
The reviews.

I can understand the release of a misguided, watered down sequel slapped together for a year and a half. SW:ToR is expensive, they needed a quick buck.

But it's getting hailed by certain reviewers as game of the year, somebody even called it game of the decade. It doesn't qualify as game of the month for fuck's sake.
Opinions. May I suggest looking them up?

I agree that game of the decade would be a stretch as far as I am concerned, but what right do you to tell others they cannot think it is? It's their time and money spent on it.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
That they was trying to sell me DLC before the game even came out!
As a result Im not buying it Unless they do a version with all the DLC extra things and that and I will pay with my points on my game card thing

Zehuty

Dec 13, 2009
Honestly enough I don't hate anything of Dragon Age 2 but there are a lot of things that bother me when playing the game.

-I get stuck on things that aren't there
-interactions with party members is shortchanged
-the voice acting has no constancy
-customization of other party members has disappeared.

But overall the story that is in this game is not bad but kind of wavers a little cause at some points you don't know what you need to do in order to move the story forward. If you were to put it down for a month and come back to it you would be a little lost as to what you need to do.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The only thing that mildly annoyed me is the reused caves.Would it have been that hard to design a few more?Other than that(and it's a very minor complaint)I'm enjoying it

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
the mages are worse. Even if you consistently support the mages, they still all attack you. The bastards deserve annulment.
The cut scenes are in faux widescreen by default, so the tops of people's heads are missing. I have yet to find a way to shut that off.
enemies spawning from behind makes no sense since I just cleared that area, though it makes a little more sense when fighting demons.
and my most recent complaint is that ***** Fenris wont love me.

Inner Pickle

Nov 8, 2010
The thing that makes me the most angry is all the threads telling me I should be angry with it.

'nuff said.

Ninja'd Edit: Bollocks.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Legion said:

Darth IB said:
Lusty said:
Best of the 3 said:
ALl the people angry at Dragon Age 2 is pissing me off.
True enough, the game seems to have been selected for a hate campaign, it's odd really.
This is so true I don't understand why people are giving this game so much attention albeit negative. It's not a terrible game maybe a 75/100. I think of it as a different kind of game from dragon age origins. It's more like mass effect 2 than the baldur's gate style of the last one. Perhaps people wouldn't be so mad if they had made it an IP rather than a sequel. There really seems to be a hate campaign.

Jezzer

Mar 23, 2011
I hate that they took everything that was awesome and involving about DAO and dumbed it down for Ritalin-popping 12-year-olds who can't stand it when things like strategy and story get in the way of button-mashing and gore. This was my most-anticipated game of this year and turned into the biggest disappointment.

gyro2death

The Chosen
Mar 5, 2009
Legion said:
It's probably because Dragon Age: Origin was fantastic in almost every aspect in which DA 2 failed. All of us who played DA:O are disappointed that they would take so many steps back from the first game.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The only thing that really annoyed me was the companion Ai and how Varric was bugged and would always do his Charge move instead of the abilities I clicked, when I neither selected it or programmed it in his tactics.

A ranged fighter isn't much good to me when he keeps charging into the middle of the fight.