Dragon Age 2 what makes you the most angry?

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Darth IB said:
What makes me the most angry is how people constantly complain about it.
I'm half-way through my second playthrough now and I think it might be my new favourite game.
Pretty much this.

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
Like many, the waves of ninja enemies that run out from alleys, or just pop out of the freaking ground (in one fight, I counted eight of the bastards jumping out of the same fountain. It's like a clown car), that gets annoying and really hurts any strategy in the game.

Honestly though, I think my biggest gripe is the sense that the first game was only tangentially related. Characters like Anders and Isabella are indeed in the original, but they're...different. Anders was, well I wouldn't call him funny because he annoyed the hell out of me in Awakening, but he was a snarker, not a whiner. The character retcon's the only thing I really don't like though, overall it's still a good game.

Archwright

Dec 9, 2010
gyro2death said:
The problem I had with it is that Anders doesn't even seem remotely homo, Fenris look homo but does not act like it, nor does Merrill or Isabella. It feels artificially forced, compared to the elven assassin from DA:O who was possibly the most likeable homosexual character in a game to date.
Qualify "Looks homo." Thedas has (or should have according to the canon)totally different stereotypes about sexuality. The only characters that came across to me as obviously interested in the same sex were Master Wade and Herren. (Ok, I don't include the NPCs that flirt with you first, like Isabella in either Dragon Ages.)

I do think that it's a little silly that all of the romanceable NPCs are bisexual. I think it cheapens the romance plots. If they were going to go and make all the romanceable NPCs bisexual, they could at least make the attraction dynamics different based on what gender/class you play. I think if you play a male mage it should be almost impossible to romance Fenris; the guy really hates his old master, that's a lot of baggage to deal with.

Edit: Also, is it just me, or did Isabella and Anders imply more than once that they had a threeway with the Hero of Ferelden? If they did... WHY DID I MISS THAT? That's what pisses me off. ;-P

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
gyro2death said:
Legion said:
True enough, the game seems to have been selected for a hate campaign, it's odd really.
It's probably because Dragon Age: Origin was fantastic in almost every aspect in which DA 2 failed. All of us who played DA:O are disappointed that they would take so many steps back from the first game.
Speak for yourself. I love both games.

Xearo_Disaster

Apr 17, 2009
Nothin' makes me rage about it. Sure, I miss customising the armour of companions, I could've done without the same dungeons being recycled and I don't really like how enemy mages get these super-powers and have no similar spells to you, but otherwise it's a great game to be judged on its own merits rather than compared to DA:O (which I loved). The ARW is a whore on hard and up, though.

crabdog62482

May 14, 2009
Archers remain unplayably worthless. Really should have taken a page out of Borderland's book and given the Archer's the ridiculous sniper criticals to make them not suck.

Two handed and shieled warriors also are garbage. The mages are godly at crowd control, and rogues slaughter everything else before half the enemies are even ready to fight, so there's just no point in anything else.

All the missions are rehashed fetch quests, and that gets very old very fast.

Enemies endlessly throw waves of suicidals at you. You'd think by the thousanth person my 4 man band butchered in the streets that enemies would get the hint. Never happens. And they keep trying to beat me with hordes of archers. Really? Seriously? LOL!

I actually wish they'd have scrapped all loot collecting and equipment for Hawke as well as NPCs, because there isn't the slightest semblance of balance between equipment. It's good game design to make 50 weapons with the same overall stat values, but their specializations make them good in some situations and bad in others. It's bad design to make 100's of items that give 1% perks to random criticals or accuracy and a few random pieces of equipment that give +stats in the hundreds. It leaves Hawke feeling broken and everyone else feeling like garbage. And so much of the armor is hideous, so why not just give Hawke a pre-set costume just like his buddies and scrap the damn rings and weapons, and just keep upgrading the weapon through ruins like with Bianca and ally armor?

Stupid plot points drive me batty. I lose my sister no matter what, but I can march through town with 2 other mages as much as I want. Isabella causes a full blown war with hundreds dead, but I'm suppose to like her and be her friend. I slaughter Templars, Carta, Mages, etc, etc... Yet these people still want to work with me and give me jobs, but then some missions have my characters fearing the wrath of the Templars, etc. It makes no sense.

OVerall, I like this game more than the last, and I like thsi one for the same reason as the last one: Gameplay is trash, but the charcater interactions are fun and enjoyable. This game at least makes missions small and short, and the battles are visceral, even though they lack any degree of depth or strategy.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
Razada said:
The game would be LESS IMMERSIVE if they loaded it with hundreds of different dunegon types. The limited dungeon styles make TOTAL SENSE within the setting. I dont play Shogun Total War 2, a game set IN JAPAN and ***** about the lack of, I dunno, Korean soldiers? Go look at any map of, say, 25 square miles. How many different environments would you find?
While I'm inclined to agree somewhat, all caves in a certain geological area should have similarities, that's not the issue. The problem was that every mine had exactly the same layout, exactly the same shabby wooden structures, and exactly the same little nooks where they "hide" loot spots. 10 sec inside the door, you could say exactly where the enemies would spawn and where you would find chests. Ditto for the ware houses and sewers.

For clarity, I'm meh about the game. Beat it thoroughly once, may play again in a few months. There were are couple of great moments (Act 3, BOOM!, What the hell did you do ??), but overall nothing revolutionary.

I personally (my opinion, I don't presume to speak for anyone but me) found the story quite limited compared to DA:O. One insignificant city, and I didn't feel I was making any serious contributions to it.

Russell47

Apr 14, 2010
The part that pissed me off the most about DA2 was the utter lack of space marines. They said in the hype campaign that they were "designing their story and conversation trees based on the highly successful Mass Effect 2". I was nearly positive that that meant they would have a terrific cameo from Commander Shepherd at some point in the game (I have decided that, since it is the part that clearly makes the most sense, he would appear through the Eluvian. They've made references to how the Fade is "beyond the time of mortals", so that part was where it made the most sense for someone from the future to appear). There I was, getting really excited for yet another promise that was ultimately unfulfilled.
Fuck you, Bioware. Fuck you with the Devil's twelve foot dick.

ulan bator

Feb 10, 2011
for me, the things that stand out the most are the copy-pasted dungeons, and it has the feel of being 'dumbed down' in comparison to DAO, like it is marketed towards people who didn't play the previous game
but I think that the people who hate DA2 because of this things are missing out a very good game, for me it feels more interactive, probably because your character has a voice, which in my opinion is slightly better than feeling that you are controlling an autistic mute
also, the combat feels more fast-paced, which is an improvement to the previous game, again, in my opinion
what I mean is that you don't have to hate it just because it isn't exactly like the previous game, if you see past that, it is a very enjoyable game.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
none
I actually like the random spawning, it keeps combat hectic and exciting, as I now have to move both myself and Anders, while tanking avaline, and using Varric to provide covering fire

Archwright

Dec 9, 2010
crabdog62482 said:
Two handed and shieled warriors also are garbage. The mages are godly at crowd control, and rogues slaughter everything else before half the enemies are even ready to fight, so there's just no point in anything else.
I've started to get some pretty good DPS via two-hand, with Might of the Sten damage runes and the Berserk tree. Even so... I couldn't step with the mages for damage for the first several levels. In the end, I definitely think that Mages have a better juice/damage ratio than warriors. I'm even starting to think that I can swap out Aveline for Merrill if I give her the right abilities.

Russell47 said:
Vitriol and Humor (omitted for brevity)
YEAH! ... wait ... what?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Jezzer said:
I hate that they took everything that was awesome and involving about DAO and dumbed it down for Ritalin-popping 12-year-olds who can't stand it when things like strategy and story get in the way of button-mashing and gore. This was my most-anticipated game of this year and turned into the biggest disappointment.
What he said + recycled dungeons and the cameos, Like Flemeth was useless to add in the game ( she served almost no purpose ) and the mention of her daughter morrigan that doesnt make an appearance,( why mention her then ! ) also Alistair makes an appearance for little to no reason. Theres also quite a few bugs near the end, like that1 quest that you cant complete that just sits in your quest log.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Darth IB said:
I'm half-way through my second playthrough now and I think it might be my new favourite game.
I'm with you here, although it is pretty dumb how often they recycle dungeons.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Darth IB said:
This, the game is great.

I will say that the final boss fight was way too easy though, the adds needed more health and the bosses abilities weren't big enough and didn't do enough damage.

Apr 6, 2009
1. Graphical stuttering on the consoles
2. Constant recycling of dungeons and other areas
3. Inconsistency of plot elements
- Enter a warehouse when it's night outside, yet the inside of the warehouse if bright and sunny. WTF?
4. No follow-up to a companion's personal quest
So Merrill's Keeper was some kind of pride demon who forced us to kill her, turning the Dalish clan against us, which led us to kill the entire camp. No dialogue or cutscene followed the conclusion of said quest

That said, I very much liked DA2, probably because I'm retarded and can't play a strategy RPG to save my life. But for the $60 I forked over, it seemed very much like a rush job to me.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
The character redesigning of the Quanri (seriously horns, wtf? Did I miss something?).

BloatedGuppy said:
We get it. The game killed your Dad. You are now thirsty for revenge. WE GET IT.
Haha if this quote was on Facebook, I would like it. Seriously. Everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a wad about this game.

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
I liked the game, personally. However, no offense to anyone here- but if people don't like it they're going to say so. If they like it they'll say so. Saying that any negative post angers you is as bad as someone 'hating the game for no reason'.

Having played through it, I do have issues with the game. The dungeons were shamelessly reused, the quest glitches got on my nerves a great deal, and the friendship / rival system seemed to be nothing more than a quest-opening system and didn't seem to affect anything much in the game, or at least it didn't seem to change enough to make the effort worth it.

The game has a lot going for it. I certainly am not complaining that I bought it and I think it will be popular. I think, though, that people are reacting to the hype that this would be the next game of the and are holding it to a standard commensurate with those claims.

As it was, I felt like I was playing in medieval Venice with all the factions and self-destructive extremists running around.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
It is funny how people are considering the relationship with any game as a love or hate kind of way. It seems that you either love it or you are just hater, rambling about. I think this got so much popularity by the fact that it is so mixed. Like this thread, not a hate thread, but asking what made you most angry. Well mostly the whole game made me angry. I just think it is a step back from previous. But as it is sequel, I nearly forgave it... But like Brian above said, I don't care that much. Lots of games to play and other stuff to do also.