Dragon Age 2 what makes you the most angry?

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
krazykidd said:
Like Flemeth was useless to add in the game ( she served almost no purpose )
Except that you can kill her in DA 1 (morganna asks this as one of the side quests). So the fact she gave you an amulet with a piece of her (probably soul) in it makes it she still exists in the dragon age world (or there are 2 now if you didn't kill her).

This scene also shows she is far more powerful and far older then we figured as a witch of the wilds.
We know she is old
and used her own daughter to "stay young"" (if i remember correctly)

I think the lore of Flemeth goes way beyond we think.

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
The outrage from people who want what they like to never, ever change?
The hypocrisy of people criticizing a Bioware dev for posting an overly positive review and praising the trolls who posted overly negative ones without actually playing the game?
The people who want the game to fail because they think Bioware will go back to how DA: O was instead of just never doing another Dragon Age?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
-EA refusing to let paying customers play their game just because of forum activity. Repeatedly.

-The SecurRom thing.

-The fake "user" reviews made by developers. I would have been OK with the reviews if they'd been upfront about being from BioWare.

Aside from that, the changes made to the franchise made me not buy it, but it doesn't make me angry. The actions by EA and BioWare do.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
The fact that it had to end at some point.
Talking as someone who thought Mass Effect 2 was three steps forward, four steps back; Dragon Age 2 just confirmed to me that Dragon Age is shaping into one of my favourite IP's in the medium.
It took the promise of Origins and shaped it into the most morally challenging interactive experience I've had since Far Cry 2.

But, okay, if I have one major complaint, it's the recycling of levels. Not Kirkwall, mind you; I thought the idea of limiting the game to the progression of that city and climate to be both exciting and peculiar. No, I'm referring to the dungeons, caves and whatnot.
Not the best solution, and the illusion of scale is diminished somewhat due to that solution.

Zarmi

Jul 16, 2010
I got a few things. The dungeons, first of all. The story. The soundtrack, I miss the small details of Origins, like the way plate mail sounded when you ran, now it just sounds.. Well.. still good, just not the same. The shorter gameplay. The grind focus of quests. The lack of immersion. Last, but not least, the huge step back from the glory that Origins was. Don't get me wrong, DA2 is still "good" by all means, I just preferred Origins a lot more.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
Having to save before a conversation then loading it because i made my party hate me because apparently i'm too nice of a person.

Also, getting rid of a decent character just because i want to be a mage.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Most of the stuff that people were angry about I was able to look past, such as being in Kirkwall the whole game or the reused dungeons, but what made me mad was Anders. He was probably my favorite character in DA:O Awakening and when I heard that he was gonna be in DA 2, I was excited, and then I got him and saw that he's become angsty and whiny, I was really unhappy.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That it fucking sucked compared to the first game. It was so bad, Oghren got sober.
Still a pretty good game in it's own right though. For instance, I actually thought the changed combat system was almost better than in the first game.
And the dwarf dorf was cool. And the the elf girl was ridiculously stupid.

An enjoyable game, just make sure you don't pay 60 bucks for it.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
gyro2death said:
Gennadios said:
The problem I had with it is that Anders doesn't even seem remotely homo, Fenris look homo but does not act like it, nor does Merrill or Isabella. It feels artificially forced, compared to the elven assassin from DA:O who was possibly the most likeable homosexual character in a game to date.
You have got to be kidding me? Dosnt seem homo? What, do you think every single gay / lesbain person is instantly identifiable as gay / lesbian? You have a very very warped media view of how gay people are.

Mogget128723

Feb 9, 2010
I found nothing particularly wrong with the game. The recycled dungeons got to me a little bit, but nowhere near as much as they seem to have for most people.

As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything wrong with the game. I noted some people complaining in reviews about how small errors made the game seem 'lazy', such as torch fire effects hovering beneath the torch, or Justice's eyes appearing below Anders', but I never encountered these problems. Perhaps the console version contains these problems while the PC version does not?

In the game's defense, I have never become so attached to characters. Even after putting between thirty to forty hours into the campaign, I want to see more of Varric, Anders, and especially Merrill. In comparison to Dragon Age Origins, which had a host of often irritating, tiresome characters, the characters of Dragon Age 2 were the highlight of the experience.

I also found the fast paced combat thrilling; just enjoying watching the character pull off a basic combo would never have happened in Origins.

Overall, the strong sense of forward motion attached to the story also added a lot to the game. In Dragon Age Origins, after 16 hours of gameplay, I just put it down because the sheer mass of the game was starting to drag, the story wasn't engaging me at all. I played Dragon Age 2 at every possible opportunity, loving every second and wishing they'd figured out how to add more gameplay into a single DVD's worth of six gigabytes of game.

So far, given the terrible Crysis 2 PC port (no advanced graphical settings to speak of), Dragon Age 2 is running parallel to Magicka for my favorite PC game of the year. We'll have to see if Red Faction: Armageddon manages to dethrone either of these ;)

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
GartarkMusik said:
Most of the stuff that people were angry about I was able to look past, such as being in Kirkwall the whole game or the reused dungeons, but what made me mad was Anders. He was probably my favorite character in DA:O Awakening and when I heard that he was gonna be in DA 2, I was excited, and then I got him and saw that he's become angsty and whiny, I was really unhappy.
That was probably the only thing that didn't bother me. Seeing as he just merged into a fucking glowy terrorist (oops) from outer space thanks to just Ice, I'd say the change was 100% justified.
and he blows up the chantry! what's not to like?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
GartarkMusik said:
That was probably the only thing that didn't bother me. Seeing as he just merged into a fucking glowy terrorist (oops) from outer space thanks to just Ice, I'd say the change was 100% justified.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
GartarkMusik said:

incandescent-smile

Jun 7, 2010
I preferred Anders' personality in DA:Awakening. When i started DA2 i was like "Aw, that's so cool! I get to have Anders in my party again!!" - but he started to get on my nerves. He's really whiny in DA2. Still - that's probably part of his character development, what with him being 'possessed' in DA2, and it's not really a legitimate gripe.

It did annoy me that caves and stuff were reused constantly, but that's not really to put me off the game completely. Overall, i really enjoyed it. And Zevran showed up just before the end! I loved that - made my day!! I also prefer the attack system somewhat - it runs smoother on my computer than DAO, but that's probably just because my computer's shit.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
I rage the most of all of the repetitive threads complaining about it. You don't like it or part of it bothered you, that's fine but people please don't make a thread ever hour or so to complain. If you search you'll find plenty of them. BioWare hasn't sold out and EA isn't the devil. Also DA2 was in the works right after DA:O came out so it's not a quick buck to pay for the Star Wars MMO. The fact is someone is going to complain about something BioWare, or any triple A company for that matter, makes. There was hate for DA:O and now when they try to make it better there's still complaints. Maybe with DA3 there will be less.

Hell next month we'll be complaining about Portal 2 and how Valve sold out and how they should be working on Half Life. You can't please everyone all of the time.

gyro2death

The Chosen
Mar 5, 2009
EonEire said:
gyro2death said:
Gennadios said:
The problem I had with it is that Anders doesn't even seem remotely homo, Fenris look homo but does not act like it, nor does Merrill or Isabella. It feels artificially forced, compared to the elven assassin from DA:O who was possibly the most likeable homosexual character in a game to date.
You have got to be kidding me? Dosnt seem homo? What, do you think every single gay / lesbain person is instantly identifiable as gay / lesbian? You have a very very warped media view of how gay people are.
Stop being an ignorant idiot spouting "you hate gays" bleh, if you played the game you would notice how despite how he acts his dialog options are overtly homosexual despite his character not being so. This is because they made every character bisexual regardless of character design which is an insult to the players who desire real characters. Yes not every homosexual is flamboyant but when they have dialog so openly homo yet are angry straight laced in character its insulting.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
gyro2death said:
EonEire said:
gyro2death said:
Gennadios said:
Stop being an ignorant idiot spouting "you hate gays" bleh, if you played the game you would notice how despite how he acts his dialog options are overtly homosexual despite his character not being so. This is because they made every character bisexual regardless of character design which is an insult to the players how desire real characters. Yes not every homosexual is flamboyant but when they have dialog so openly homo yet are angry straight laced in character its insulting.
You still have not said why a gay person cant be like that? Why cant a gay person be angry straight laced? You seem to think that there is a way to identify a gay person and traits that gay people cannot show or act a certain way. And thats not ignorant thats exactly what you said.