Dragon Age Fan Becomes Cassandra in Amazing Inquisition Cosplay

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Dragon Age Fan Becomes Cassandra in Amazing Inquisition Cosplay

Cosplayer Kseniya Askerko recently donned an unbelievable custom costume transforming her into Cassandra from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dragon%20age%20inquisition?os=dragon+age+inquisition>Dragon Age: Inquisition was <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12620-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Review>a great game with a lot of good things going for it. One of its strongest features was its enjoyable and well-written cast. The titular Inquisition was filled to the brim with characters of all stripes and types. Whether you were looking for a sarcastically charming mage or a nutty Elvish rogue, it had a little bit of something for most every player to enjoy.

For Kseniya Askerko however, the character Cassandra Pentaghast was a clear favorite. In fact, the Belarusian cosplayer liked the female warrior so much that she opted to recreate her in one of the most impressive Dragon Age cosplays we've ever seen. While few details are currently available detailing the creation of her costume, Askerko donned a custom-made Cassandra outfit for the 2015 Universal Convention. We've emailed Askerko to see if we can learn anything more about the costume and the work that went into it.

Not that the end results don't speak for themselves all on their own. Just looking at the finished product and the amazing amount of detail present, it's not hard to imagine that Askerko probably spent months toiling away to create this and transform herself into the living visage of the Inquisition's resident Seeker. Take a minute or two to check out her work. You won't regret the time spent.
[gallery=4158]
Source: DeviantArt

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Holy shit, this is a super legit cosplay. She looks just like her O.O

Cuter, actually.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I object! Cassandra does not smile! Burn the whole costume to the ground.

Kidding, of course. She smiled quite a lot in the romance plotline, and that moment with Varric giving her the book is probably one of the best in the game.

Picture six though...damn. That is just downright spooky. They all look so good, and the girl that did Merrill...wow.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Picture six though...damn. That is just downright spooky. They all look so good, and the girl that did Merrill...wow.
That Merril was very cool, but I think the prize of best cosplay has to go to the dude dressed as Fenris. He looks every bit as a angry git in real life as the one in the game does.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
I heartily dispute the line Inquisition was a "great" game, but yeah, that's some impressive work - around the same level as Freya Willia's FemShep.

Fantasy cosplayers and artists kinda need to get over the 'let's stand with the point of my unsheathed weapon dug into the dirt/ground' pose, though... and yes, it's a prop and I'm nitpicking.

Wait, no, there's another thing that bugs me; Cassandra? Hugging a tree in full armour? Inconceivable!

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Wow! Dragon Age got a major graphical update! It almost looks photo realistic!

P.S: Humina humina humina