Dragon Age: Inquisition - Biggest RPG Ever Created by BioWare

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Biggest RPG Ever Created by BioWare

Executive producer Mark Darrah presented a load of information to a bunch of journalists who were disappointed they couldn?t play Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Read Full Article

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
WashAran said:
And will still probably be outdone by a small studio in poland.
that they will that they will. And why the fuck would they choose a name that advocated the killing of women and people that choose to think differently?

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Wait wait wait wait wait. Did I just read that right?

' "Your Inquisitor will be uniquely yours with four playable races," '

Humans, Dwarfs, Elves... and Qunari? QUNARI!?

Yep I'm done. Sold. Game could be awful but I'll be happy.

OT: Yeah looks pretty good and hopeful, seems as if they're going for a Origins and 2 hybrid combining the best part of the two. Highly anticipated.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Well, none of this was spoken by Casey Hudson so I'm inclined to believe it. I've preordered it already so I hope my faith in the Dragon Age team doesn't turn out misguided.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Looks good but i allways am very carefull if i read stuff like "never seen before" "revolutionary new system" and their numbers about armor combinations and such dont mean that those armors look very different from each other, could be that this armor has a different pauldron then the other but looks exactly the same otherwise.

However aslong as we dont get an A B or C ending with different colored explosions im confident that bioware can pull it off to deliver a good RPG again. They put more effort into this then DA 2 and it stands to reason that they really do not want to repeat ME3s shortcommings.

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
Smoke and mirors... Nothing more.
Bioware actually never showed any real gameplay, nor how the IA will work or leveling or management. in fact none of the game core mechanics were showed.
Usual sentence "biggest rpg ever made", all i saw was precalculated sceneries. Strangely nobody noticed that ALL undeads had the same textures and animations ? For the biggest VG show... It don't smell good.

Bioware is using the words "open world" but it's already know the game will NOT be an open world.

After Da2 and ME3, Bioware have to gain my trust back and what i saw isn't sufficient.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Seems like usual BioWare marketing, talking the talk, showing nothing to back it up.

I know it's cool to hate on them now, but it's coming from someone who was on their hype train from rumors to launch trailer the last 4 games they made.

Edit: Okay, I got too much time on my hands, let's break it down:

1. "In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are nine followers for you to find and recruit, the most of any Dragon Age game to date." - Okay, what about party balance and synergy? I bet most players won't use half the members because it will make your party setup weak. This was the case in all the past BioWare games. I doubt they will step up now to rectify this.

2. "Ten massive, open living regions that span two nations." - This is pure marketing catch phrase bs here, very vague. I prefer small and unique environments to big and homogeneous myself. Let's see.

3. "Your Inquisitor will be uniquely yours with four playable races, two genders, and a choice of voices, as well as our unique, brand new facial customization system that offers over a billion possible faces." - Basically DA:O with full voiceovers for the crowd who grew up in this "cinematic" era of gaming, okay.

4. "Twenty-one different combat skill tees with over 250 combat abilities, talents, and upgrades allow you to fight the way you want." - But will my build be viable? Few cookie cutter OP builds and tons of subpar ones was always a staple of BioWare games. Same as point 1.

5. "16 million armor combinations that can be equipped on both you and your followers." - So party equipment is back, that's a plus. The same items will look different on everyone, that's a feature even Diablo 2 had. I don't understand how this is a "holy shit guys, this is nextgen" marketing material.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I have my doubts that it'll be bigger than Baldur's Gate II. Unless they've sunk truly insane amounts of money into it, I'm just not sure how that would be possible in this day and age. Either way, I'm pretty excited about this. Dragon Age II never caught my interest but I absolutely loved Origins, so hopefully this one'll be able to redeem the franchise. They certainly seem to be pulling out all the stops for it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Sounds like this is the game that Mass Effect should have been--assuming that it lives up to all those promises, which I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. Just massively disappointed.

Anyway, I'm excited about this game. And I like Sera's quote in that picture, as well The Iron Bull's. I think I'm going to like Sera.

Important question, BioWare: Will I get to see my Warden and Hawke with Merrill again? Pretty please.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
'In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are nine followers for you to find and recruit, the most of any Dragon Age game to date'
I originally thought what does number of characters mean compared to how developed they are...then I started thinking: 'Alistair, Sten, Oghren, Dog, Shale, Leliana, Zevran, Morrigan, Wynne, Loghain. Well I count 10 for Origins, so this statement really is pointless'

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Fuhrlock said:
'In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are nine followers for you to find and recruit, the most of any Dragon Age game to date'
I originally thought what does number of characters mean compared to how developed they are...then I started thinking: 'Alistair, Sten, Oghren, Dog, Shale, Leliana, Zevran, Morrigan, Wynne, Loghain. Well I count 10 for Origins, so this statement really is pointless'
Shale was DLC, Dog barely counts, Loghain was only a companion for the last fifth of the game and you had to give uo another follower to get him.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
heyguysthereissomuchstuffinourgamenothingisasblatantllycopypastedasitwasbeforeareyouexcited?!

No.

Well, at least, not for the reason you're trying to convince me of. I'm getting more interested the more I see.

Still cautious.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Cool thing bioware.
Too bad you haven't shown anyhting to back up your high claims about this game at all.
All you have shown is some combat, which looks pretty much as shitty as the combat from DA 2, so no point there.
I am a bit concerned how many seem to preorder here regardless:
Guys this is a company that fucked you over twice. No matter what you thought about DA 2 or the Mass Effect 3 ending, you cannot deny that both were rushed and way worse than they could have been. You should know better by now than to trust their empty promises again.
It's not like you can't pick it up Day 1 nonetheless if it does turn out to be good.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Biggest yawn ever from me. Oh wow, a whole nine characters? Try 17 in BG II.

Also, I love how he says it's an "open" world and immediately afterwards points out that it's divided into 10 regions. If that isn't the biggest sign of being divided into levels, I don't know what is.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Amaror said:
Guys this is a company that fucked you over twice.
Thrice, if one is to include SW The Old Republic. Which I do.

One of my colleagues it trying to hype me up for this game, but then he fogives way too easily.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
AntiChri5 said:
Fuhrlock said:
Shale was DLC, Dog barely counts, Loghain was only a companion for the last fifth of the game and you had to give uo another follower to get him.
On the other hand, it's possible that one will be able to say the same thing about these characters. We don't know the context of who or when these followers would appear.