Dragon Age: Inquisition - Biggest RPG Ever Created by BioWare

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Amaror said:
AntiChri5 said:
Interesting. I don't remember that happening. It's almost like other people can have different opinions to you.
Every game ever released could have been better with a bit more time to polish things up. Well, maybe not Duke Nukem Forever. Could DA2 have used more time? Fuck yes. Is it one of my favorite games anyway? Fuck yes.
You should know better by now then to tell other people what their opinions should be. I have never gotten worked up enough over pre-release info to feel betrayed or wronged when it turns out to be bullshit.
I am not saying that everyone should think that DA 2 was bad. I think so, but i know that some people liked it. And you're wellcome to like it.
But can you seriously tell me that you didn't notice how rushed it was?
The lifeless city, the reused environments and the bad story ending (You're supporting the mages?! Your compassion makes me want to turn into an abomination and kill you all!) were just cheap and in my opinion an insult to every of their customers.
The Game was clearly not polished and i am just saying that you should be aware of that when preordering a game. Like i said, even if you don't preorder you can still buy it Day 1 and loose pretty much nothing.
I am not telling you what your opinion should be, i am just telling you to be carefull with preorders.
I have fallen into the preorder trapp myself twice now, once with DA 2 and once with Rome 2.
I said that it could have used more time. Yes, it was rushed. That's not debateable. But someone who still enjoyed it enough to have six seperate playthroughs, like me, should not hesitate to pre order or get exitied for it or whatever. (Note, i haven't actually pre-ordered yet).

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
I said that it could have used more time. Yes, it was rushed. That's not debateable. But someone who still enjoyed it enough to have six seperate playthroughs, like me, should not hesitate to pre order or get exitied for it or whatever. (Note, i haven't actually pre-ordered yet).
Well in my opinion you(and i mean everyone with this) should always hesitate to preorder something. Mainly, because the whole system is there to benefit the publisher, not the consumer. But this is a discussion for another thread and doesn't belong in here

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
So i guess it's open world? If that's the case i can save some money. I would really prefer if they started making smaller and more focused RPGs with memorable quests with actual depth and memorable enviroments instead of vast expanses filled with nothing and endless questlogs stuffed with undercooked "follow the quest marker" nonsense. Bleh. :p

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
Ferisar said:
Stop talking in hypotheticals :p Just skip two minutes in and watch. If you don't want to, then don't "if I'm wrong I'll admit it" me, because I seriously can't be bothered with what your opinion might be if and but. Also, a flamewar in this forum wouldn't last very long knowing the moderation, so I think we're clear on that front.

As for the "overhyped/messy" point, I disagree on the front of ME3. It was a fine game with the same tenants and downfalls that Bioware generally displays. The only thing "overblown" about it is the ending controversy, which was a collective usage of selective viewing. The game, as a whole, was a complete experience: whether it was good or bad based around its structure or narrative isn't really something that can be pinned spoken of in absolutes, as it does far more than a bare minimum of passable storytelling. Same applies to the gameplay front, especially given its predecessor was widely praised for (mostly) the same functionality.

As far as DA2, it was, by their own standards, fairly weak. I enjoyed it personally; a lot of others didn't. That's fine. It's hard not to see flaws in that game, but I liked it just based around its evolution of the series, however unrealized. From what I see of DA:I, it's what I wanted from DA2, which suits me just fine.

Oh, and undead looking generic? God forbid other games never do that, it's almost as if they're cannon fodder stock enemy types. Did you also miss the part where they fight a big ass fucking dragon, too? :p Anyhow. I don't know how other sources are having it, but Twitch has coverage for DA:I tomorrow at some point (I believe 4:30), my guess is that's where gameplay will be shown. These were just trailers/shorts presented during the EA conference.
Dragons ? I have skyrim you know, with mods, and generics undead ? All with the same textures and animations in a vid for the biggest VG conf ? Ok...

For the rest; we agree to disagree on a lot of things... All their three last games were overhyped and a mess on some parts. You are pleased with this, good for you, good for them. DA2 was so boring and a mess on the technical part i stoped to play after the first act, the IA and writing of ME3 are bad and after the story is finished in Swotor (you know, it's almost the most important thing to keep players...) their was nothing, their is new things now but it's too late...

You like their product, not me but I like what they did and when i saw their last games, I doubts each of their words. Now if you don't agree, it's not my problem but they have everything to proove. All they showed until now is smoke and words. Nothing more.

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
We will have customizable characters, a big map, and some companion characters. On top of that, we went back and added "new" features that you saw in DA:O. You will make binary choices with binary outcomes.

Did this announcement actually excite anyone? It looks like the list of features on the back of the box of a very shitty and generic fantasy game from the early 2000's. These aren't "features" or anything announcement worthy; These are my expectations for the bare fucking minimum.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Imbechile said:
The biggest lie Bioware has managed to pull off is convince the majority of the game industry that their games are well written.
I always thought what they truly excel in is storytelling, not writing a good story. They slapped the "go to a few places, then some revelation happens, cue fast paced endgame" formula on KotOR, JE, ME1 (maybe ME2 aswell, but instead of a few, you go to lots of places) and DA:O, and it worked. They wrapped generic save the world stories in a captivating presentation, that's why I loved their early games.