Dragon Age Inquisition brought to you by the producers of Skyrim

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
spartandude said:
Fdzzaigl said:
Besides combat will be the tactical type, not like TES at all, and BioWare needn't really try hard to outdo Skyrim's story.
True, but considering recent history can BioWare out do even Skyrim's story?
They can only out do something that exists. I am not a huge fan of Skyrim (just to get that out of the way) and the game felt vast, but without any real depth as a consequence.

Sofus

Apr 15, 2011
There is one massive problem with imitating Skyrim so much... after watching that trailer I now fully expect that the game will be set in an open world that improving on everything Bethesda ever managed to do with Skyrim while still providing a story and setting that is at the very least on par with the two previous DA games.

I do however fully expect that EA has managed to ensure that BioWare continues the trend of miserably failing at meeting expectations... because what else is EA supposed to do?

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
spartandude said:
Fdzzaigl said:
Besides combat will be the tactical type, not like TES at all, and BioWare needn't really try hard to outdo Skyrim's story.
True, but considering recent history can BioWare out do even Skyrim's story?
All of Bioware's recent games far outdid Skyrim's story, despite the controversy surrounding some choices made in developing them.

It's not exactly hard either, because TESV lacks any compelling characters whatsoever. The story in Skyrim exists to show off impressive gameplay gimmicks, not as a thing upon itself imo. Which has it's own virtues (I enjoyed Skyrim a ton, logged more hours in it than in any other game).

But frankly, even I could outwrite Skyrim when given enough time and a few rolls of toiletpaper, and that's not arrogance, because it's not saying much.

Sep 14, 2009
ah jeez...some of those shots are VERYYYY "skyrimy". No thank youuu (although some of em were not, so I'll wait and see.)

I like dragon age for what it was, please don't try and mimic skyrim, it'll instantly go to the "10 dollar or less" pile of things to buy.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Oooo, did I see Frostbite at the beginning? That's exciting.

It does look very Skyrim, and I'm not convinced that's a bad thing. Skyrim locations with Dragon Age character design? That sounds like a wishlist to me.

Also, I don't think that true open-world would suit Dragon Age. I think it would feel too... stretched. Or the quality of the characters would go down. But more along the lines of Origins would be a great direction to bring the game.