Dragon Age: Inquisition Collector's Edition Announced at $170

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Dragon Age: Inquisition Collector's Edition Announced at $170

The price increase from the regular or even the deluxe edition of the game is steep. After that, fans still have to consider if they have space for all that stuff, even if some of it is very unique for a collector's edition. The lock picking set is intended to open a hidden compartment of the collector's edition, rather than to help fans recover from the expense of the game.

For players that can survive without a crate of swag, the regular ($60) and deluxe ($70) edition will still provide you with a full Inquisiting experience.

Source: [a href="https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/466241048495136768"]Twitter[/a]

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
A set of lock picks just for the box itself?

I won't be surprised if there's going to be a bit of a backlash against that. If it doesn't work on anything but the box it's a stupid little addition, if it does it's, well, criminal. Yeah, I wouldn't call that clever.

Other than that, eh, not enough to warrant a price like that to be fair.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Andraste's flaming ass, that is so not worth the asking price!

Yeah that's a lot of stuff, but it's a lot of useless stuff. I would much rather get something that can actually be used in game, if I was crazy enough to pay that much for it.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
A set of lock picks just for the box itself?

I won't be surprised if there's going to be a bit of a backlash against that. If it doesn't work on anything but the box it's a stupid little addition, if it does it's, well, criminal. Yeah, I wouldn't call that clever.

Other than that, eh, not enough to warrant a price like that to be fair.
Honestly I expect a backlash against anything BioWare does anymore.

From what I have been reading the cost of Collector's Edition seems to go with what is included in the Collector's Edition, but its a little much for my tastes. For I found this description of the case

The case is individually wrapped in faux reptile skin, has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, and the interior is fitted with and imprinted red silk.
If they had a version with just the Tarot cards for they sound the most interesting thing in the package to me, I might buy that.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Tank207 said:
Andraste's flaming ass, that is so not worth the asking price!

Yeah that's a lot of stuff, but it's a lot of useless stuff. I would much rather get something that can actually be used in game, if I was crazy enough to pay that much for it.
Then the Deluxe version is all you would be interested in (which is what I am planning on getting) for that contains all the digital content for the game.

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Ya know, I was pretty eager to whore myself to Bioware for this. Yeah, it's a bunch of overpriced, useless stuff, but sometimes it's fun to buy a bunch of overpriced, useless stuff. Plus, Dragon Age is one of the few series I'm truly passionate about.

BUT FOR SOME SEEMINGLY RANDOM REASON the PC edition of this is not available in Europe.

Excellent. You could've had my stash of money, but apparently you don't need it then. So I suppose it's the standard edition for me.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Aside from the cloth map I'm not seeing anything particurlarly interesting.
The war pieces, the badge and the coins are kind of neat.
But man, that's a lot of moneys. Is that just a flat box with details painted on it?
Not worth it to me, even if I was super way into Dragon Age.

captcha: can't have nice things
Even captcha thinks it's expensive.

Zburator

Aug 20, 2012
Pfft. It's a Collector's Edition, of course it's overpriced

That said, I'm sold. Give it to me.

Dragon Age, how could I deny my wuv?

draigodragon

Nov 21, 2011
Zburator said:
Pfft. It's a Collector's Edition, of course it's overpriced

That said, I'm sold. Give it to me.

Dragon Age, how could I deny my wuv?
Dragon age 2?

Mass effect 3?

Star wars the old republic... "not being bloody single player argh~"

"Yes... i want kotor 3... with exile and raven kicking ass with that old lady saving the universe from the sith in deep space... YEAH SCREW SWTOR'S STORY"

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
How can you pre-order a $170 game? Haven't we seen how bad an idea that has been the last few years? I loved DA1 and liked DA2 more than most, but you've got to admit that today there is ZERO guarantee of quality for any game from any company! How many Aliens or SimCity games do we need to get screwed by before we wait and see what the game is really like before giving the company our money? Some of these people will be the ones screaming the loudest on release day about how they were conned, mark my words. I hate to say it, but it will be all there fault for buy an unknown product sight unseen.

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
TravelerSF said:
Ya know, I was pretty eager to whore myself to Bioware for this. Yeah, it's a bunch of overpriced, useless stuff, but sometimes it's fun to buy a bunch of overpriced, useless stuff. Plus, Dragon Age is one of the few series I'm truly passionate about.

BUT FOR SOME SEEMINGLY RANDOM REASON the PC edition of this is not available in Europe.

Excellent. You could've had my stash of money, but apparently you don't need it then. So I suppose it's the standard edition for me.
Count me disappointed too.
Though I'm not completely surprised.
I was pissed off the moment I found out that the PC Deluxe Edition was digital download only (and only through Origin no less). Why give physical copies to the consoles and not the PC??!!
I'd have paid the extra for the boxed copy (I really want that Halla mount) but thanks to whoever made the dumb decision, I'm getting the bog standard edition.

All my previous DA saves are PC (though the fact there probably won't be a save import doesn't make that such an issue anymore), but I couldn't live without being able to mod the game, because I guaran-damn-tee you that Bioware haven't got any better at modelling hair, especially for females ¬_¬

It's like they don't want our money.

Edit:
Also, if they manage to create another level like The Fade in DA: Origins, I want the option to mod that bastard away. Skip the Fade was the best mod I ever installed!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
captainsavvy said:
Also, if they manage to create another level like The Fade in DA: Origins, I want the option to mod that bastard away. Skip the Fade was the best mod I ever installed!
I honestly never really had much of a problem with the Fade. It was actually one of my favorite areas back when I first played it. The Deep Roads was the part that made me want to bash my head against a wall. It just really started grating on my patience with how long it went on.

I'm with you on hoping the game is modable. I've got Origins modded to the point where it looks like a completely different game... that is until you get to a pre-rendered cinematic. Half of my time in that game was probably spent just trying out different mods.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I need me some System Requirements guys!
Gotsta know if my older CPU can handle the REALNESS

Nah but seriously though, I wanna know if a core 2 quad can hold up these days.

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
Tank207 said:
I honestly never really had much of a problem with the Fade. It was actually one of my favorite areas back when I first played it. The Deep Roads was the part that made me want to bash my head against a wall. It just really started grating on my patience with how long it went on.

I'm with you on hoping the game is modable. I've got Origins modded to the point where it looks like a completely different game... that is until you get to a pre-rendered cinematic. Half of my time in that game was probably spent just trying out different mods.
urrrghhh the Deep Roads... don't remind me.
I had exactly the same reaction to the Deep Roads bit in DA2 as well -_-

Here's hoping we've seen the last of the Deep Roads.
Can't waste all that shiny new Engine power on underground caverns, can we? *she says hopefully*

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
i64ever said:
How can you pre-order a $170 game? Haven't we seen how bad an idea that has been the last few years? I loved DA1 and liked DA2 more than most, but you've got to admit that today there is ZERO guarantee of quality for any game from any company! How many Aliens or SimCity games do we need to get screwed by before we wait and see what the game is really like before giving the company our money? Some of these people will be the ones screaming the loudest on release day about how they were conned, mark my words. I hate to say it, but it will be all there fault for buy an unknown product sight unseen.
All of what you're saying, and also the way they're more or less stabbing their PC fans in the back.

I actually thought DA2 had some major improvements over its predecessor, although the game clearly wasn't ready for release when it was pushed out the door, yet I'm having some major doubts about DAI. So far everything released has just been to vague and generic to constitute any sort of guarantee that this will be a good game.

After the DA2 alpha-esque release, the trainwreck that was Mass Effect 3's development, and the way originality was filtered out SWTOR in favor of WoW mechanics and macrotransactions... I just don't see how even the most hardcore fans aren't at least a bit cautious about this.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Well, deluxe edition for me then. The lockpick set is very cool but so not worth an extra $100 as I have little interest in the rest of the set.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
TravelerSF said:

Has it been confirmed to be not released in Europe or they haven't gotten around to updating their webpages fully? For when the Deluxe Edition was first announced it took several days for it be become present on all webpages.

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Sanunes said:
TravelerSF said:

Has it been confirmed to be not released in Europe or they haven't gotten around to updating their webpages fully? For when the Deluxe Edition was first announced it took several days for it be become present on all webpages.
I tweeted Marc Darrah about this. He said it (PC version) "should be available in many countries in Europe". Sounds odd for there to be a delay like that. Even the ads on Gamestop websites show PS4 and Xbox One version along with the print "Also available on Xbox360 and Playstation 3" with no mention of a PC version.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
captainsavvy said:
Tank207 said:

urrrghhh the Deep Roads... don't remind me.
I had exactly the same reaction to the Deep Roads bit in DA2 as well -_-

Here's hoping we've seen the last of the Deep Roads.
Can't waste all that shiny new Engine power on underground caverns, can we? *she says hopefully*
Heh, I downloaded a completely broken set of weapon and armor mods that I dubbed, "Deep Roads Equipment". With each character able to take on an army on their own, I sent each party member off in random directions to fill in the map. During that time, I went and ate lunch occasionally checking if my party members were humping wall yet.(DA1 only, the camera sticks too close to the character in the sequel)

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Oh crap. Guess I need to start saving. Why does it have to be exclusive to GameStop? Ugh. I don't like going there, but this looks pretty cool. I'll take that map. It will look great next to my map of Drangleic, which is also cloth.