Dragon Age: Inquisition Screens Arrive Unexpectedly

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Looks like there'll be an over the shoulder camera of some kind, travel or otherwise.

For some reason it just looks like a low-tech Mass Effect to me. I remember that at some point each EAware game had a different look and feel.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I may actually have to upgrade my PC again...it was a good two year run, I guess.

Ah well, at least it looks pretty.

Now, if only the story can match said prettiness in terms of, well, goodness.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
There are aspects to the trickle of info on DA Inquisition that have me marginially hyped. But then I remembered DA2 (which I didn't hate, I was just very dissapointed) and ME3 (which I didn't hate, again, just dissapointed) and the hype flatlines. Couple that with EA's constant efforts to piss on the consumer and I'm left with a knot in my gut.

I hope they do justice for this franchise, but I fear it will be shat out the door, rushed and incomplete like its predecessor, and forcibly milked to the point of desecation by weak DLC with bloated pricing.

At least The Witcher 3 isn't too far off.

captcha: ticked off...

No, I think I'm too accustomed by this to care.

Cody Kraktzor

Aug 2, 2011
I love the world they set up for Dragon Age, but I've learned to be cautious around anything that has EA's logo near it...

AlwaysPractical

Oct 7, 2011
The screenshots are always super polished up, but I think we can look forward to a fairly pretty game on the PC. Doubt that will be the same on consoles, especially last gen ones.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
They are high fidelity shots no question , i cannot put my finger on it but the textures just don't look right. The later ( 5/10 6/10 ) screenshots have textures that looks far better but if you look at say 8/10 the dragon the texstures just look far too "clean" i don't know it may be the lighting but it looks a bit off to me. Then again its not finished so we will see when it comes out.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
I didn't even like the look in trailer they showed. I'm sure these are all Beta pictures, but I'm incredibly uneasy about the look of the game.

It's like they are struggling to get out of the cartoon looking characters and put them into the realistic scenery of Skyrim. Kind of like how Crystal Dynamics with Tomb Raider Underworld. They made all the supporting characters realistic and proportionate, and the scenery was awesome, while Lara Croft still looked like a cartoon character with HD textures.

Friendly Reminder: Don't go to the BSN. People are angry about the elf being bald and arguing that Vivienne is breaking lore by being black. People are bashing Casandra as being too masculine and possibly having a secret penis. When people brought up the idea Varric and the Qunari may be a romancable characters, other people came in to call it disgusting and unnatural, and added if Bioware could get rid of the homosexuality the game would be ideal.

There is so much festering hate by the Bioware fanbase around this game already. It seems like the game is virtually, already considered a failure by the majority.

DoveAlexa

Oct 28, 2009
I give no damns about the brightness, since it looks better than DAO/2 by a mile so pfft.

Also, please let the dwarf in number 9 be Varik! Yes I know the hair colour but I can dream!

Also, the 'fandumb' hatedoms of the games are there, but they do not dominate the market. Internet message board users who are dedicated to complaining about non-issues is very very niche. It's going to be okay.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
So is it too late for BioWare to throw in a texture pack or something since everyone's assuming these are the final graphics that're gonna be used in the game? I don't understand how that particular aspect of game design works, but i'd think between now and fall there ought to be plenty of time to polish /down/ the looks of everyhting.

Frankly, i'm just happy to see dragons as a selling point for once. I wonder if they can actually make the dragon fights sorta challenging again like in DA: O. The one in DA2 was piss-easy even on higher difficulties.

Liv's Runaway Snail

Apr 15, 2012
Well it is an improvement over the last two games. I quite like it, hopefully they stick to their guns and won't rehash the same environments over and over again.

Ulquiorra4sama said:
Frankly, i'm just happy to see dragons as a selling point for once. I wonder if they can actually make the dragon fights sorta challenging again like in DA: O. The one in DA2 was piss-easy even on higher difficulties.
Which one? The ones in Act 1 & 2 were relatively easy but I felt that the fight in Act 3 had a good level of difficulty. But yes, I want to see some dragon fights in the game with a nice amount of strategy and difficulty involved.