Dragon Age: Inquisition to Have 40 Different Endings - Update

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
I'm sure someone has brought this up already, but what happened to #6? I feel like there's some information that was omitted by Alex.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Is it just me or does this sound like the kind of thing Peter Molyneux would boast about?
Well, if Molyneux was involved he would be saying that each ending is so different it will be life-changing for the player to witness their splendour.

Extragorey said:
I'm sure someone has brought this up already, but what happened to #6? I feel like there's some information that was omitted by Alex.
Number 6 is mislabelled as 5 in this article and number 5 is about the endings. You can check the Neogaf source for the whole list.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
canadamus_prime said:
Is it just me or does this sound like the kind of thing Peter Molyneux would boast about?
Well, if Molyneux was involved he would be saying that each ending is so different it will be life-changing for the player to witness their splendour.
Maybe, but it was all that stuff about how you could drastically alter the ecosystem and the economy and whatever that sounded very Molyneux-ish to me.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
I find it hard to believe that the game will ship with no DLC content or pre-order bonuses, the amount of voice acting is worrying as well, don't get me wrong I'd love all my custom characters to have their own voice but the amount of data and funds involved here must be ridiculous (hi TOR) sacrifices had to be made in some areas.

As far as endings go, I don't think even biodrones believe them at this point so...

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Call me cynical but all this just reinforces my belief that not investing in this franchise was a good idea. They already once created a huge universe with many decisions to be made that were supposed to affect the outcome of the final ending and look what happened there.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I am really unsure about section 1. EAware has never been a sandbox game maker, I'm expecting the implementation of biomes and varied flora/fauna to be somewhere between Peter Molyneux' promises for Fable(1) and an outright lie.

I'm also not entirely sure about the 40 different endings. ME3 fans were promised that the endgame would be more than an option A B or C.

Gaijinko

Aug 4, 2013
spartandude said:
Ive heard this one before. Oh Bioware, when will you learn....

CriticalMiss said:
I hope there is a green ending like in Mass Effect 3, I hate those other games with their silly binary choices between red and blue endings. Maybe they will be innovative and utilise Next-Gen Technology (tm) and have multicoloured endings?
They could have purple for the morally ambiguous ending.
I have always equated the color puce with morally ambiguous, is it a color? is it the french word for flea? does it sound like a disgusting sex act? most definitely, its not telling you what it is, hence moral ambigooey.

OT: 40 different endings? I would have run out of ideas on ending seven, and that one would have been the gingerbread ending so scraping the bottom of the barrel there, that says to me small changes that aren't worth replaying.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
OMG! 40 different endings! I've got two points on this matter:
1) Most of them would be indistinguishable in CGA graphics!
2) If I recall correctly, Fallout 3 had 256 different endings ;)

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
All this sounds interesting, it's almost like Bioware is making the RPG of my dreams.

I sincerely hope this game becomes a success and lives up to the hype, especially since they've made the smart move of not throwing in DLC companions.

Also, jars of bees? awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Yeah, that can't possibly go wrong. Excuse me while I go work on 40 different cars all with the same deadline and then try to combine them into voltron, also before the deadline.

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
All of these features sound amazing...but new mechanics are rarely perfected on the first try. And I have a fair bit of skepticism after being so disappointed by DA2. Going to wait a few weeks for reviews and to hear from people who have actually seen a few of the endings, then I might consider a purchase.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Mr Ink 5000 said:
40 different ending? this is madness! I dont even know 40 different colours?!
Well, they have the color pulse in various combinations. With 3 colors and 2 pulses, you could already have 9 different endings!

Lamnidae

Apr 16, 2009
It would be nice if Bioware would add a gamepad option on every pc version of these games ^_^
I really dislike playing Dragon Age and Mass Effect with mouse and keyboard.
And it's really not that much of an update.
If Dragon Age Inquisition has no controller support on pc this time I think I'll pass up this one.
But hey... Who cares about a few customers anymore when there are masses just buying it...
We'll see...
Hell I'd even pay 5,- for this option as DLC on all these games...
But...
Offcourse NO F#^% will be given... >_<

Lamnidae

Apr 16, 2009
It would be nice if Bioware would add a gamepad option on every pc version of these games ^_^
If Dragon Age Inquisition has no controller support on pc this time I think I'll pass up this one.
But hey... Who cares about a few customers anymore when there are masses just buying it...
We'll see...
But...

forgo911

Feb 26, 2014
GabeZhul said:
Cecilo said:
Yea, Sure, 40 different endings. Just like Mass Effect 3 was supposed to have so and so amount of endings.
My thoughts exactly.

StormShaun said:
Although I am a bit sceptical about the Inquisitor themselves, I like the sound of another "Origin" prologue, but he or she will have the ability to close the rifts ... this make me ask "how?"
By being the local "chosen one", of course. A "Dragon-Age-Born", if you will. :p

That said, even though it looks pretty good, I probably still won't pick this up at launch, simply because I would probably need to update my PC before I would be able to run it properly, and I probably won't have the funds for that for a while.
And not to mention that every single one of Bioware's games have some sort of memory leak (on PC)or have really bad bugs like DA2 not being able to save or the games flat out not running on single core machines. Still, I'll be one of those idiots that gets it day one.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Fair enough for the amount of different endings, but there better not be an achievement to see em all as there was in origins, that took me forever

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
BioWare really needs to stop making big promises for their games and just focus on making the game. After Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, nobody will believe any of their hype building attempts. I really want what they're saying here to be true... but I also remember the rushed states that both DA2 and ME3 were released in. Neither of those games lived up to what they should have been.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Nimcha said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
People keep touting the fact their game has 500 different endings. I'd rather have one satisfying ending than 40 mediocre ones where everything is homogenized because of player choice to take into account.
And because most players play the game in exactly the same way everyone will end up with the same ending anyway. Cue the complaints...

I loved the ME3 endings and I hope they don't bend over backwards to cater to the yelling haters.
Yes you love the ending but lots of people don?t, and if bioware made endings for those people you could simply not play those endings, and then everybody(well okay most people) would be happy.

Anyway, I?m going to be optimistic here and assume that bioware and maybe even ea learned from their mistakes, because they know that if they don?t deliver no amount of artistic integrity is going to save them.

forgo911

Feb 26, 2014
Lamnidae said:
We'll see...
But...
Please don't give EA any ideas. They might start charging 5 bucks just to have color in our games.

I will say That even though I was disappointed by DA2, it was no where near a bad game; in fact, I was playing it not just a week ago. As for controller support, I could see why you would want it in DA2, but Origins was designed for the computer first, and with a controller sucks. I have it on PC and 360 and everything is just better with mouse and keyboard. The controller suuuucks so much on 360. If the game is anywhere near DA2 style combat, then yes controller support would be nice, but its a wait and see approach

note: I think the captcha system has developed a sense of homour. It reads "once again". Well it got that right, once again I'm bothered by the damn captcha system