Dragon Age: Inquisition's Final DLC Adventure Is "Trespasser"

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Dragon Age: Inquisition's Final DLC Adventure Is "Trespasser"

Dragon Age: Inquisition's "Trespasser" DLC is an epilogue chapter set two years after the main game.

So you've united a band of adventurers, defeated the villains, and saved the world from utter devastation. Now what? Does the world finally become a better place, or is it you who no longer belongs in the new order? That's the premise behind "Trespasser", <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140205-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Jaws-of-Hakkon-Story-DLC-Launches-Tomorrow>the final DLC chapter for <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dragon%20age%20inquisition?os=dragon+age+inquisition>Dragon Age: Inquisition. Set a full two years after the main game, this quest brings three new elements to the series: A standalone adventure, an epilogue to Inquisition, and a harbinger of what's coming next in the Dragon Age universe.

"It's something we haven't tried before," creative director Mike Laidlaw explained. "Trespasser tells an entirely new story, set two years after the main game. The story explores what it's like to be a world-saving organization when the world no longer needs saving."

Jumping forward in time after completing the main story, it seems the future of the Inquisition itself is in question. With the threat ended, Orlais now considers the Inquisition unnecessary at best and a potential danger at worst. Meanwhile, the Qunari launch a new offensive, prompting your Inquisitor to reunite his/her party for one last mission.

According to Laidlaw, Trespasser lets you "meet and talk with old friends" in an effort to "decide the fate of the Inquisition you worked so hard to build". Trespasser will launch on Sept. 8, 2015, although exact pricing has yet to be revealed.

[gallery=4621]

Meanwhile, BioWare will release a free Inquisition patch with some handy new features. Players will get a new wardrobe that includes a dozen clothing items with different colors. But one especially handy feature is the "Golden Nug", which lets you sync collectibles across games after completing the main story.

"To take advantage of this," Laidlaw said, "head to the Skyhold Undercroft post game and click the new Golden Nug statue. After you've done that once, every game that's both a) online and b) on the same platform will have a similar statue added to the Undercroft and Haven. Clicking on that statue will sync your current game. This sync is bi-directional and additive, which means that any collectibles will be added to the online collection, even if the character doing the clicking is pre-endgame. It's like new game plus...without having to start a new game."

It should go without saying that this patch and "Trespasser" will mark the end of Dragon Age: Inqusition's content, although it certainly won't conclude the franchise. We'll have to wait and see what comes next, but feel free to share theories in the comments!

Source: Gamespot

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
im looking forward to it.

cant wait to hear the pissed off inquisitor

I am curious if they will fix the glitch with the merchant in the descent DLC in the patch selling to him gives you obscene amounts of money

hiddendragonv5

Apr 18, 2009
I'm not to sure this is a good idea for the story, it clearly is trying to be bigger better when it's just putting you behind an 8-ball, for no reason but for tension. Now I don't think Orlais makes since, in my ending she was loyal to me even if her people thought that she leans to much on me. Now the qunari makes some since cause I was a mage qunari and I didn't side with them so that makes since. Personally I think 2 year isn't long enough for everyone to forget the sky was just torn open, maybe in 50 or 100 years but not 2 years? But if this was because of say Solas started the big event, it makes since cause not everyone outside of the Inquisition would know that he has left.

Scytail

Jan 26, 2010
hiddendragonv5 said:
I'm not to sure this is a good idea for the story, it clearly is trying to be bigger better when it's just putting you behind an 8-ball, for no reason but for tension. Now I don't think Orlais makes since, in my ending she was loyal to me even if her people thought that she leans too much on me. Now the qunari makes some sense cause I was a mage qunari and I didn't side with them so that makes since. Personally I think 2 year isn't long enough for everyone to forget the sky was just torn open, maybe in 50 or 100 years but not 2 years? But if this was because of say Solas started the big event, it makes since cause not everyone outside of the Inquisition would know that he has left.
50-100 is wayyyy too long. Specially for people not directly affected by the event. Look at 9/11 as an example.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
"what it's like to be a world-saving organization when the world no longer needs saving."

<.< So, we're now going to experience what it's like to be the Grey Wardens after they stop a Blight?

Well, that will both interesting and I assume frustrating. Perhaps more so, seeing as the Wardens can at least say that there will for sure be at least two more Blights, but who knows when the Veil will get a big old hole put in it.

Anyway, looking forward to the DLC. Hope we get to hear about how other parts of the world are doing (Like what's up with the Warden home base).

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
hiddendragonv5 said:
I think the idea is that the Inquisition pretty greatly disrupted the status quo and has seized an insane amount of power for itself. Now the Inquisition has the most comprehensive spy network in Thedas, Diplomatic connections in nearly every country, and a military force that could match even Orlais, the powers that be are scared of what the Inquisition might do. People who are in power want to say in power and many probably think that the Inquisition should give up all the power that it seized now that the world is no longer in danger. Cuz despite the fact that the Inquisition did save the world, its still only two years old, that's not nearly enough time to establish itself unquestionably the same way that the Chantry or the Templars had.

OT: I'm just so fucking excited, I can hardly wait. I just wanna talk to Solas again, and I want new outfits instead of Skyhold jammies.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
We've already been talking about this in another thread, but I'll say the same thing here. I'm excited for it. Can't wait. But Solas, I swear, if you don't give me some freaking answers this time, I'm going to lose it. I'm so sick of thinking I've got a handle on things, only to have it all swept away in one quick sentence or cutscene.

Please, BioWare, for the love of the Dragon Age franchise, give up some answers. Explain some things. Not all of it, but give us something. Having Flemeth talk down to me, speaking about things "that were never meant to happen" and having Solas do pretty much the same thing the entire game, and yet neither of them bothered to fill me in just a little bit was extremely annoying. If it had been real life, I would have grabbed them by the shirt and started shaking them until they explained.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I'm interested, but I'd rather Solas was saved for the next game. It's like how the Witch Hunt DLC proved to be extremely disappointing, yet Morrigan's appearance in Inquisition was perfectly executed, in my own, humble opinion. Even if BioWare gives us some answers, showing us is much better than just telling us like the Witch Hunt DLC did.

Other than that, I think it's perfect. We're constantly reminded throughout Inquisition that the previous members hung up their weapons when their quest was over, yet it would seem this Inquisition does not. Given how much influence the Inquisition has, something like this a natural result, but I'll admit that there is a bit of robbing the player of choice - it's not like I personally chose to continue the Inquisition.