Dragon Age Inqusition: Denuvo DRM apparently liable to destorying SSDs

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Res Plus said:
The message seems to have filtered through, but again for anyone who missed it, Denuvo doesn't read/write continually. I think the panic is that the latest Denuvo has yet to be cracked - the post about Fifa and 46 days relates to the last Fifa. 46 days is a long time anyway and must relate to millions in revenue as people get bored and buy the game. You can understand why companies do it (with a little empathy :) ). They have "two" DRM systems because cracking Origin takes hours for skilled scene teams these days.
Still a little spooky. I've heard this rumour in enough places now that I'm probably going to put off buying it until someone tests this stuff conclusively.

Sigh...and this is why I hate DLC.

furluge

Jul 22, 2014
We are talking about software designed to keep you from tampering with software on your own computer. That pretty much means it is going to be doing something it really should not be doing in regards to how much access it has to your system. This is software from people who in the past have had no problem with installing rootkits and compromising systems. They should not be trusted given their past history. A developer that would compromise your security to make a shareholder happy, especially when their software does not actually work to stop lost sales, does not deserve your money.