Dragon Age is Back in a Big Way with Dragon Age: Inquisition

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Dragon Age is Back in a Big Way with Dragon Age: Inquisition

If the first few hours are any indication, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a masterful RPG.

Read Full Article

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
With the game being less than half a month away I only have question.
Where is Dragon Age Keep?
Seriously, I've got a lot of options that nedd tweaking (For Multiple Playthroughs, Mage Human in Origins and Mage Hawke in 2 so they are related being my main)

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Dominic Crossman said:
Seriously, I've got a lot of options that nedd tweaking (For Multiple Playthroughs, Mage Human in Origins and Mage Hawke in 2 so they are related being my main)
It's in open beta. Google it, this should help you find the website. Then sign in with your Origin account and away you go.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Dominic Crossman said:
it's still in beta. the full version will probably launch a week or 2 before inquisition.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

you can only play around with pre-made characters right now.

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
Dragon age Keep is up and running in open beta.

It scanned my uploaded characters and achievements to try and pick out some of the choices then I spent some of yesterday trying to remember all the things I did in these games years ago (and guessing when I didn't have a clue :)

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
For me, the most important thing about Dragon Age is the comedy. Despite how both of the games constantly have you getting fucked over and over again, both games has plenty of comedy in them to the point that whenever I wanted to play a game that can cheer me up I?d play Dragon Age or Saints Row. Now that the graphics are getting more gritty, I was getting a little worried that the comedy was going to go, too. But I?ve seen quite a few jokes coming from the companions in the trailers and it?s made me quite happy. As long as the game is still funny, I?ll be happy.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
-Ezio- said:
Dominic Crossman said:
it's still in beta. the full version will probably launch a week or 2 before inquisition.

Actually, I've managed to create the world for my current characters from DA:O and DA2.
So you might have to sync it to some accounts or something.

OT:

From what I read, it is looking good.
That makes me happy, and it is probably giving me even more hope that it will be good. Though I still have a crack of skepticism due to the whole Mass Effect controversy, and the bad lessons from both that and DA2.

Still, as said, you have given me hope that it is the sequel I have been wanting.
I cannot wait to return to Thedas and give it the final smackdown!

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
-Ezio- said:
Dominic Crossman said:

You can use your existing characters as long as you were allowing uploads to the EA servers when playing the first two games, if you turned that off you will have to log into both games and load the characters you want to upload and save the game again.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Why do game developers insist on getting inspiration from distasteful things like inquisition, crusade and witchhunts? Are people really proud of that part of their history?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
In spite of myself, I'm really excited for this and kinda want to get an XBone for it. Problem with that is I'm really short on cash. And don't have a whole lot of access to a TV.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
ughh now I need a better PC.

ExtraDebit said:
Why do game developers insist on getting inspiration from distasteful things like inquisition, crusade and witchhunts? Are people really proud of that part of their history?
I hope for your sake that your just trolling. Because if your understanding of humans, human limitations and entertainment is so limited or blinded by shallow morality than life will be hard on you. Unless you just retreat 100% into your morale fantasies.

Apr 5, 2008
If only this wasn't an EA game, we might've gotten a toolset for it. I would've loved to see what the modding community could do with this kind of game.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
KingsGambit said:
If only this wasn't an EA game, we might've gotten a toolset for it. I would've loved to see what the modding community could do with this kind of game.
There have been tons of mods released for just about every EA game except the battlefield 3/4 so I don't see that being a problem even without a toolset.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
For all ya'll talking about Keep. I just did the entire thing half an hour ago, should be completely up and running.

I'm pretty psyched for this game. Looks to combine a lot of aspects I enjoyed about the previous games into one. I can also be a Qunari, that makes me really interested.

Sam17

Apr 20, 2010
I find it hard to believe people still believe Biowares (and the Escapists for that matter) lies.

Coreless said:
KingsGambit said:
There have been tons of mods released for just about every EA game except the battlefield 3/4 so I don't see that being a problem even without a toolset.
I'd say that's false. With Bileware games you will really only find .ini tweaks and texture mods. You will seldom find anything more than that because BW do not release modkits.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
ExtraDebit said:
The group in the game is named after the first Inquisition from about a thousand years earlier. That one was literally a group of mage-hunters, which is likely why the devs went with that name. A hundred or so years later they combine with the newly formed Chantry and became the Templar Order (who police mages and are controlled directly by the Chantry) and the Seekers of Truth (answers directly to the Divine - leader of the Chantry - and keep an eye on the Templars as well as other issues).
The current Inquisition is backed by the Divine, but is denounced by the Chantry (because the Inquisitor has been called the Herald of Andraste, a heretical title). They take the name of the first Inquisition because of the independence from an oversight and the fact that they are "inquiring" into the messed up stuff happening in Thedas.
So yeah, ultimately they are named after the actual Inquisition, but this is a reformed version that isn't on a mission to eliminate heretics while the in-game origin for the name was.

All of this was just me wanting to talk about DA. Please feel free to move along and ignore this post. :)

Apr 5, 2008
Coreless said:
KingsGambit said:
Without a toolset, it's unlikely there'll be any particularly great mods. Without one, it's likely that at best there'll be some model/texture replacers, unlocking class/level restricted items, maybe some extra character creation options and some ini tweaks. BW used to give us toolsets, as in BGII, NWN and DA:O, but since EA buyout we'll never see another one. Community content runs against their policy of releasing a gazillion DLCs and in this case, since it's using their own in-house (Frostbite) engine, we're definitely not going to get one in case it might be used to mod other Frostbite games.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Sam17 said:
I'd say that's false. With Bileware games you will really only find .ini tweaks and texture mods. You will seldom find anything more than that because BW do not release modkits.
Your statement is the false one, you should do your research before accusing others of lies.

Dragon Age: Origins had a full toolkit and even now still has a pretty active modding community.
I actually had like 50 mods running on DAO with Mod Organiser, similar to TES games.

Even though DA2 and the Mass Effect series didn't have official mod support, tons of modders managed to find a way anyhow. DA2 got stuff like having party members equip armors (essential imo), animation swaps, even completely new armor sets despite the lack of mod tools.

Mass Effect had it's own special tools created by the community (ME3Explorer and derivates), allowing people to add their own armors, animations etc. There were even people who redesigned the entire ending.

KOTOR had tons of mods centered around the Fileplanet site.

Don't even get me started on Neverwinter Nights. That game got the bejeezus modified out of it.

The only problem with DA:I is the fact that the Frostbite engine is apparently hard to mod. But the will to do so is created by the community, even if developers release toolkits (something very few do), you won't get a lot of mods unless there's a community that occupies itself with making them. I'm 100% sure we'll see stuff for DA:I, not like Skyrim ofc., but people will find a way eventually.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
The last major feature I got to spend some time with was the much more extensive crafting and resource system. Gathering resources is much of the incentive for hunting down every corner of the map
Sometimes I fantasize about overseeing the production of a massive AAA RPG. On that very first day, I get to assign all the "teams" to their various tasks creating and refining all of the game's features and systems. But when it's time to decide who should work on crafting and resource gathering, I just laugh loudly for a few minutes before crossing these features off the list entirely and reassigning any affected personnel to the writing/narrative departments. I don't even care if they're writers. I'd rather have coders contributing to characters and story than even one person diligently trying to shoehorn a shallow, shitty facsimile of Minecraft into a single-player RPG.

So uh... just add the above to the laundry list of reasons why I'm not overseeing the production of any massive AAA RPGs.