Dragon Age: Origins Delayed After All

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Dragon Age: Origins Delayed After All

BioWare's new epic fantasy RPG has been pushed back to November.

Remember on Friday when BioWare denied that Dragon Age: Origins had been delayed? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93733-BioWare-Denies-Dragon-Age-Origins-Delay] Well it turns out that that wasn't entirely correct, as BioWare's Community Co-Ordinator Chris Priestly announced on the Dragon Age forums that the game had been pushed back to November.

"Hi Everyone. As you have seen Dragon Age: Origins will be released on November 3rd in North America and November 6th in Europe on the Xbox 360 videogame entertainment system and PC. The PlayStation 3 version will follow later in November."

Given the number of games that have been delayed until 2010, a few weeks isn't so bad, but it's still a little disappointing, especially to PlayStation 3 owners who have to wait even longer. No reason has been given for the delay as yet, nor for the extended wait for the PS3 version.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59904]

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
If it means a little more polish in the game play, I certainly don't mind a delay. Besides as the article says a few weeks is hardly a huge delay.

Edit: If it went gold like you said then I guess it must be a manufacturing delay, maybe a buggy run of disks?

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Hm I wonder exactly why it was delayed. Lastest reports on it was that it already went gold so I'm guessing something went wrong with distribution? IDK

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I would be bummed but I don't own a PC that can run it, I refuse to buy a 360 because Big M is full of BS and PS3 is still too expensive.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Well, it's been pushed back to three days before my birthday, so I guess it's even more tempting to pick it up for then :)

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
*sigh* I suppose I have no choice but to accept the delay, I hope it turns out the better for it.

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
"No, it isn't being delayed! It's on time! Everyone shut up!"

"Oh wait. Yeah... it is delayed."

Heh, it makes me laugh. There's probably a deeper reason than what most of us are thinking, but clearly there's some bad communication going on.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Bigeyez said:
Hm I wonder exactly why it was delayed. Lastest reports on it was that it already went gold so I'm guessing something went wrong with distribution? IDK
if it is gold it's probly either a production error, an error with something in the collector's edition or just a plain old delay cause of some other game or something coming up

sux it's delayed but it's not delayed for very long

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It could also be content related given that they pretty much announced that sex was going to be involved in some way within the game. Of course if it was they might not annouce it because of people like me. I have refused to buy games because of content editing, or gone to great lengths for work arounds such as importing (like I did with The Witcher).

That's paranoid of course, a shipping problem is more likely. Or something like what happened with Ar Tonelico when they had problems with the binding in the art books.

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
Let me be the first to say: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Nah, I'm not really that mad about it. I am sad though, because BioWare is finally making a fantasy RPG, and a delay just sucks.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
I wouldn't mind it being pushed back up to December. Dragon Age will sure as hell take a toll on my GPA. =D

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
Spleenbag said:
Let me be the first to say: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Nah, I'm not really that mad about it. I am sad though, because BioWare is finally making a fantasy RPG, and a delay just sucks.
Finally?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Aac18 said:
If it means a little more polish in the game play, I certainly don't mind a delay. Besides as the article says a few weeks is hardly a huge delay.

Edit: If it went gold like you said then I guess it must be a manufacturing delay, maybe a buggy run of disks?
They probably had trouble manufacturing the number of discs they needed, yes. Or a last minute patch they discovered needed to be done on the gold release.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
well, it isnt very long, so it doesnt bother me. ill definitely have this for the ps3.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Thank god for that. Before the delay, Borderlands and Dragon Age were coming out on the exact same day. I might have some money now.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
They REEEEEEALLY pissed off the PC owners, including me, because it was ready for a summer release, but they delayed it to meet with the console release.